Understand

Our World (Sequel to I'm Different)

Junhyung’s POV

“Is it very painful? Are you okay?” J asked.

I sat on the bed in the infirmary, watching blood bleed all over my leg.

“Hyung~ You’re scaring us.” Shin said, poking me.

“I’m fine. It’s not painful.” I muttered.

“But it’s bleeding so much.” He said, gently wiping off the blood with a piece of tissue.

“Where the hell is the doctor!? Not even a nurse! What is this!?” J grumbled.

“I’ll go look for the doctor.” Shin said.

“It’s fine.” I said.

“What do you mean by it’s fine!? Don’t you see the amount of blood you’re losing? What’s wrong with you!? Wake up!” He shouted into my face.

I stared at him, not saying anything.

There was a knock on the door, and then the door opened.

“YAH! WHERE DID YOU GO! IF THERE’S AN EMERGENCY, HE’LL…” J stopped talking and stared at the person who came in.

“He’ll what?” She asked.

“… Die.” J mumbled.

“Aren’t you the cook?” Shin asked.

“And the doctor too. Move away.” She said, pushing Shin away.

“Get out, both of you.” She said, gesturing them away.

“Huh? But hyung…” J muttered.

“Go and eat. He’ll be fine. I wouldn’t kill him.” She said.

“But hyung…” J pouted.

I laughed a little at his cute action.

“I said I wouldn’t kill him. He’ll be fine. I’ll return you your hyung in one piece.” She said.

“Just go. Go and eat. Weren’t you hungry?” I said.

“But you…” He asked.

“She said it, she wouldn’t kill me.” I said, looking at her.

“Then we’ll be back later. We’ll bring you food.” Shin said.

“Thanks.” I smiled.

J was still pouting excessively while being dragged out by Shin.

“Seemed like you have a couple of close friends here.” She said as she sterilized whatever she needed.

I said nothing, except look at her. She turned to me and smiled.

“How have you been?” She asked.

“Horrible.” I said.

She laughed and patted my head.

“Where have you been? Do you know how much I miss you? Haneul ah~” I said.

“Where have I been doesn’t matter, but I’m here now.” Haneul said.

“This is going to hurt, but I’ll be quick.” She said as she pulled out the piece of porcelain stuck in my flesh.

I kept staring at her, not feeling any pain. My Haneul~. Her hair was messy although tied up in a bun. She still wore too little for the chilly weather. Her jaw seemed more defined than before. I unconsciously raised my hand to touch her cheek. She looked at me, wide eyes. I had the urge to kiss her, but I held myself back.

“I miss you.” I said.

“Tell me that later. I got to concentrate on this. It’s a pretty deep cut you got here.” She smiled.

I watch her stitch my cut up. In the past, she would be cringing and making all sorts of noises. She used to say that even if she had the qualifications, she could never be a nurse or a doctor because of her fear of open wounds. But look at her now, her hands are steady and she is doing such a professional job. It feels weird thou. It is like… she is not Haneul.

“Does it hurt?” She asked, concentrating.

“No.” I said.

“Really?” She asked.

“Yea.” I said.

“Just a bit more.” She said as she poked the needle into my skin.

I nodded.

“Okay. Done.” She said as she bandaged my leg.

“OH MY GOSH IT’S SO SCARY I’M GOING TO DIE!!” She squealed, squeezing her cheeks before I could even say thank you.

I laughed out loud. Now, this is my Haneul.

“But thank you.” I smiled.

“No. Thank you. For being my first live experiment.” She grinned.

“You… you mean you never did it before?” I asked.

“Does pig skin count?” She asked.

I buried my face in my palms and laughed.

“What so funny!? I think I did a pretty nice job there! Didn’t I?” She asked.

“I guess so.” I said.

She leaned against the wall, arms crossed, smiling at me. I looked down, unable to look her in the eye.

“Do you have anything to say to me?” She asked.

“I…” I muttered, still looking down.

“Where are you going?” She asked, extending her hand to help me down when I got off the bed.

“I’m sorry.” I said as I knelt down.

“Yah.. What are you doing? Get up. Come on, I just stitched your wound. Please.” She said, tugging onto my arm, but I pulled away from her.

“I’m sorry, Haneul ah. I’m sorry for what I did to you. I’m horrible, I’m a monster, I… I was crazy. But I know those are no excuses for whatever I was done. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” My voice shook as I spoke.

“Get up. Please. Get up.” She said.

I shook my head. She sighed and squatted down in front of me, holding my hands.

“I’m so sorry. I know no amount of apology can erase the horrible things I did to you, but I’m sorry, Lionny.” I cried.

“If no amount of apology can erase what you done, then why are you still apologizing?” She asked.

“I… What do I do? What can I do? I… I’m sorry.” I said.

She cupped my cheeks, making me look up at her.

“Would you please get up first, and then we’ll talk?” She asked.

I nodded, letting her help me up.

“Look. It’s torn open. I have to do it again. You did this on purpose, didn’t you?” She asked, hands on her hips.

“I didn’t! I really didn’t!” I shook my head.

“Just… just leave it then. It’ll heal by itself.. I think.” I muttered.

“By the time this wound heals by itself, you’ll have to amputate your leg already.” She said, removing the blood soaked bandage.

“Sorry.” I said softly.

“As a punishment, no numbing cream for you.” She said.

“O..okay.” I muttered.

She laughed out and smacked my thigh.

“You really think I would do that!?” She poked me.

I smiled, shrugging my shoulders.

“One more time you tear the stitches open, I’m not going to stitch you up.” She said as she finished.

“Why are you working here?” I asked.

“Why can’t I?” She asked.

“I’m just asking..” I mumbled.

“I’ll answer your question later, okay? Let’s go.” She said.

“Where?” I asked.

“To eat. Aren’t you hungry?” She asked.

I shook my head.

“Oh right. I forgot you can live on air. How forgetful of me.” She said.

“I don’t.” I laughed.

“Then eat!” She frowned.

“Okay.” I said obediently.

“That’s my boy.” She patted my head.

“Oh right.” She stopped me just as we were about to walk out.

“Hmm?” I looked at her, confused.

“You got to pretend we don’t know each other.” She said.

“WHY!?” I asked, eyes widened.

“Because I should not be working here, but I got in simply because your in-charge is my friend. If anyone finds out that we are related, I have to go.” She said.

“But… How do you expect me to…” I muttered, feeling absurd.

How does she expect me to stay calm as I watch those guys look at her like some hungry wolves? How does she expect me to stay calm when they are flirting with her like crazy?

“You got to find it in yourself to do it then.” She said.

“It doesn’t make sense. What is there to fear? You’ll be biased or something? Does that mean patients cannot be in the same hospital as their doctor relative? It doesn’t make sense.” I grumbled.

“There’s nothing to be biased in the hospital. Would a doctor give the patient extra stitches or more medicine just because they know each other? No, right?” She laughed.

“There’s also nothing to be biased here! What? Would you give me more food or something?” I asked, feeling uneasy.

She nodded. I looked away angrily.

I should not be angry. I have no rights to be angry. But it’s just…

“Please understand.” She said.

I turned to look at her. Did she ask me to understand? How can I understand? I have to watch people flirt with my wife and not be able to say anything. I have to watch those erted guys ogling at my wife and I have to shut up. Understand? Is it even possible?

“Fine. But please understand if I bash those people up, and when it happens, just pretend you do not know me.” I said, walking out of the room.

I went straight back to my room, losing my appetite for dinner and mood to do anything. 

***
tumblrmi95ma3cdh1qbyyuf.gifJ: But hyung…

tumblrlvarq1od6d1ql5l0u.gifHaneul: Because I should not be working here, but I got in simply because your in-charge is my friend. If anyone finds out that we are related, I have to go.

tumblrlysy0d4tfr1r6v0u6.gifHaneul: Please understand.

tumblrltlja5colp1r21hgk.gifJunhyung: Fine. But please understand if I bash those people up, and when it happens, just pretend you do not know me.

***
And sooooooooooooooo!! Haneul is back, finally :) But angry Junhyung is angry. Angry Junhyung on his period is even angrier ><

tumblrm7iqxygguq1qk8h0p.gif