Tired

Our World (Sequel to I'm Different)

Minji’s POV

“Deedee~ Deedee~” Minki stood on the bench outside Seungho’s room, calling out to him while knocking on the glass window.

“Come here, sweetheart~” I said, gesturing her over.

She pouted at me, not leaving where she was standing.

“I’m not going to scold you. You didn’t do anything wrong. Just come here.” I said.

She must be feeling afraid that I would scold her again because of the tantrum she threw just now.

She got down from the bench and crawled into my embrace.

“Are you tired?” I asked, smoothing her hair.

“Deedee~” She pouted, tears welling up in her eyes.

“He’ll wake up soon, knowing that you’re here for him.” I whispered into her ear as I hugged her close to me, patting her back lightly.

This is the fourth day Seungho has been in a coma. The doctor supposedly put him in a comatose state so he could heal without feeling extreme pain, but he was supposed to wake up two days ago. The doctor did warn me about it, but I was desperate into not letting him feel any more pain, therefore I signed on the agreement. Did I indirectly cause this to happen?

‘We can only hope for the best now.’ The doctor said.

Hope. How mocking to someone who is hopeless. But in times like this, isn’t hope the greatest comfort we could ever ask for?

“You’re a good girl, Minki ah~ You’re a good, good girl.” I said as I patted her back lightly.

She was fast asleep. She is tired from the sleepless nights and endless tantrums. She may be three, but she seems to understand the state her father is in and is firm about not leaving his side no matter how I scream at her or threaten her.

I circled my arms around her and rested my chin on her head while she slept against my chest. I closed my eyes, wondering to myself when was the last time I slept on our bed cuddling against Seungho, and when would be the next time we would have the chance to do it again.

/FLASHBACK

“Lucky, I’m tired.” I said, throwing my pen at him.

He smiled at me while I pouted at him.

“Tired of what? Me?” He teased.

“Everything, including you.” I said.

He opened his arms wide, gesturing me into his embrace, in which I gladly sank into.

“Shall we take a break? Go on a trip for a few days? Shopping, eating, sightseeing~ Nothing else but relax.” He said as he played with my hair.

“A trip? Sounds good, huh? But do you know how tiring it is to plan for the trip? And then we have to take care of Minki’s needs and all~ It’s easy for you to say.” I said, punching his chest lightly.

“Who said we’re bringing Minki?” He said.

“Right, like as if you can leave your princess here. The other time you had to go on an overseas trip for work, do you remember how you almost cried like a baby just because you were going to leave for what, three days?” I said, staring at him.

He laughed and kissed me on my lips.

“I see someone is jealous.” He said.

“I’m not jealous. I’m tired! Don’t add on to my tiredness by coming up with something so ridiculous!” I screamed at him.

“Shhh~ She’s asleep.” He covered my mouth.

I glared at him and he pouted, knowing very well that I was weak when it comes to him being cute.

“Come on, don’t be like that.” He said, poking me.

“Tsk~ Stop it~” I moved away, but that did not stop him.

“Yah~ At least it was me who went through the most traumatizing first two years of being a parent, right? Minki liked you instantly when you came. It was me who had to endure her crazy tantrums and all sorts of nonsense a newborn would give you, with an added bonus of her extreme hatred towards me.” He said.

I looked at him. He did not say anything but look back at me. What he said is true. Come to think of it, he sure had a harder time with Minki, and now that Minki is so sticky with him, he sure does not want to do anything that would hurt the bond he has with his daughter.

“I wasn’t even talking about raising Minki~” I said, smoothing his fringe.

“But you made it sound like I was being too emotional and could not stand being away from my daughter even for a second, which is kind of true, but you know why I am like that.” He said.

“Aigoo~ Aigoo~ Is my panpy upset now? I know it has been tough on you, having to play father, mother and stepmother at the same time. I know, I know~” I cooed him teasingly.

“What stepmother?” He asked.

“I don’t know. You must have been like a stepmother to her that’s why she hated you at first.” I said.

“Most stepmothers hate the kid. But I love her so much. It was her who hated me. Get it right.” He said, sounding a little annoyed.

“Awww Seunghoie~ Don’t be angry please~ Hur~” I hugged him tightly.

He let out a small smile, but tried to suppress it. Because he is manly, he says.

“So do you want to go on a trip or not?” He asked.

“Then what are going to do with Minki?” I asked.

“Erm…” He bit his lower lip.

“We’re going to bring her along after all~” I said, rolling my eyes.

“I’ll take care of her! You don’t have to worry!” He said hurriedly.

“Just five minutes ago someone said ‘who says we’re bringing Minki’~ It’s amazing how fast you can change your mind, Yang Seungho sshi~” I said.

“I just… I.. But she’s going to be lonely.” He pouted.

“You mean, you’re going to be lonely?” I asked.

“We’ll all be lonely!” He said.

“Why not I go on a trip alone huh? So the both of you can have each other without the presence of me.” I said.

“But what is a family without you!?” He asked.

“The Yang family. She follows your surname. She has more of your blood flowing in her body than mine.” I said.

“You’re Yang Minji too!” He said.

“Excuse me, did I say I was going to change my surname to yours?” I asked.

“HUH!?” His eyes widened.

How fun is it to ~

/END OF FLASHBACK

I chuckled to myself as I remember that ridiculous conversation. How did our conversation go from wanting to go on a trip to his surname is a mystery until now.

“Of course I am Yang Minji, idiot. Who else would I be?” I muttered to myself.

“And we’ve not even decide if we would go on a trip. We’ll go, alright? I’ll plan, but you’ll take care of Minki.” I said.

“I’ll always end up planning even when I say I wouldn’t do it. Don’t you know it by now? You know, don’t you? That’s why you came up with such a suggestion. What kind of a husband are you, hmm? Tiring me out even after I complained that I am tired.” I sighed.

I looked through the glass window, not moving much as I did not want to risk waking Minki.

“Wake up, Seungho ah~ You’ve slept enough. It’s your turn to take care of Minki. I’m tired. I need to sleep.” I said as I wiped away the tears that I tried to hold back.

A few droplets of tears turned into a sobbing session. Minki’s hair was wet with my tears.

I almost screamed when I looked up to find a figure staring at me.

“Haneul?” I called out, surprised.

She rested her palm on Minki’s head, her hair gently.

“Want a drink?” She asked.

I looked at her, and then Minki. I guess I could do with a drink after all. I put Minki in the care of the nurses in charge of Seungho. They gladly agreed to help me look after her in which I was very thankful for.

“I thought we’re going for a drink?” I asked Haneul when she did not head for the café.

“Minji ah, it’s not time for coffee.” She said as she headed to the alcohol section in the convenience store.

I should stop her. Alcohol and her condition now would not make a good match, but I needed the alcohol myself. Just for tonight, allow us to get drunk and escape reality.

***
I know this is a Junhyung fic, but a little Minji Seungho moment there for the couple hee~ They deserve a little bit of screentime, no?

tumblrmhf2kp160e1qm375o.gif