Skye

Our World (Sequel to I'm Different)

Minji’s POV

“I miss you.” Seungho said. I could picture him pouting.

“It has only been two days!” I laughed.

“I miss you the moment you left, woman.” He said.

“Awww~” I wish I could hug him.

“I’m serious.” He said.

“I didn’t say you were lying.” I said.

“Have you found her?” He asked.

“I’ve gotten an address. I’ll go try my luck in the morning.” I said.

He did not respond.

“Lucky?” I called out.

“Hmm?” He hummed.

“Why are you quiet?” I asked.

“Just wondering when I would see you again. That’s all.” He said.

“Very soon, Lucky. I’m still in Korea, you know.” I said.

“But not by my side.” He whined.

“I never knew you needed me so much, panda.” I said.

“Well, now you know.” He said.

“How is Minki?” I changed the topic, knowing that it would go on forever.

“Swift change of topic. Minki’s fine. She asks for you thou. And she teases me every morning.” He said.

“She’s still not over the ‘Deedee feed me’ phase?” I laughed, picturing the scene where Minki will pull down Seungho’s shirt and try to bite his chest whenever he asks if she is ready for milk.

She obviously knows that Seungho cannot feed her but she does it because his expression excites her. I have no idea if I should call her playful or erted.

“It amuses you, doesn’t it? Mother and daughter are the same!” He yelled.

“Of course. She’s my daughter. The playfulness in her came from me, the ert-ness in her came from you.” I said.

“How can you call our princess per… wait.. what?! From me!? Excuse me!? I’m erted!?” He exclaimed.

I was laughing at how cute he sounded when an e-mail came in.

“Lucky!” I shouted.

“WHAT!?” He shouted back.

“Lucky, I got to hang up now.” I said.

“Whyyyyyyyyyyyy~?” He whined.

“I have to go somewhere. I’ll call you when I can, okay?” I said.

“Where are you going?” He asked, sounding anxious.

“I’m not very sure too, but I’ll let you know.” I said.

“How can you not know where you are heading to? And you promised me you’ll be careful!” He said.

“I love you! Bye!” I ended the call.

I knew he was going to be very angry with me, but I could not explain to him because I really had not much idea too. I was simply trying my luck in hope that the information I got would lead me somewhere to find Haneul.

***
I stood in front of the address I was given, staring blankly at the busy sight in front of me. Although it was about 3AM, people were working. They were packing what seems like food into boxes. Why would Haneul be here?

“Oh hi, may I help you?” One of the guys who was running by asked.

“Erm… I…” I mumbled.

He raised his eyebrow at me.

“I am looking for someone.” I said.

“Name?” He asked.

“Haneul.” I said.

He frowned, as thou thinking, and then he shook his head at me.

‘Ask for Skye if Haneul doesn’t work.’ Jace told me before I left. He explained that Haneul’s name was actually Skye, but she went by Haneul when she came to Korea. Whenever she wanted to hide herself, she would use Skye because apparently not much people here knows that name.

“Skye?” I tried.

“Skye?” He repeated.

“No?” I asked.

“SKYE!!!!!!!!!” He shouted, startling me.

A head popped out from behind one of the boxes.

“There!” He smiled.

Haneul, I found you. But why are you working in an environment like that?