Deal

Our World (Sequel to I'm Different)

Junhyung’s POV

“Why are you here!?” J shouted the moment he woke up, startling me.

“This is my room.” I said.

“Oh. Right.” He scratched his head and rubbed his eyes.

“You look like you didn’t sleep.” He said.

“I didn’t.” I answered.

“Why?” He asked.

“You were occupying my bed.” I said.

“I WASN’T!!!!!!!!!!!” He yelled defensively.

“I’m just kidding.” I laughed.

He rolled his eyes at me. How cute~

“I just couldn’t sleep.” I said. I could not help but pinch his cheeks.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?” He smacked my hand away as thou I violated him, which made him look even cuter.

“I’m leaving!” He announced as he stood up.

His actions were so big he knocked over the box that was on the side table. My duckies, or rather, their remains, scattered all over the floor.

He froze for a while, and then bend down to pick them up.

“I… I’m sorry. I didn’t see the box there.” He mumbled.

“It’s fine.” I said, picking up the box.

“I… Erm… Bye.” He said hurriedly as he opened the door.

“J,” I called out.

“What?” He asked, back facing me.

“Thank you for last night.” I said.

“You’re making me sound like a e, idiot.” He grumbled before stomping off, leaving me to laugh my head off.

When I went to the toilet to wash up, everyone stared at me as if I was a clown, and then when I neared them, they shunned me like I was a walking plague. I smiled to myself and continued what I had to do. I guess I should have expected such a response when I spilled everything. Then again, perhaps not. Because I expected myself to be dead.

“Thanks for making way.” I smiled to them as I walked out of the toilet.

I walked into the eating area for breakfast. All of them stopped taking food and just stared at me. They looked so startled to the point it was almost funny.

“If you’re not taking, then I’ll be going first.” I said to one of them.

He nodded timidly.

I laughed to myself as I helped myself with the food. I did not have much appetite so I just took a few pieces of fruits and a slice of bread.

“I’ll be going off to hide in a corner now, so all of you can enjoy breakfast without feeling scared. But just so you know, despite my differences, I am human too. If you cut me, I’ll bleed red, not blue. If you say mean things to me, my lips will curl down into a sulk, not some zigzag. If I cry, it is tears, not some weird liquid. If I do not eat or drink, I will die since I cannot live on air, although I wish I could. You know, it makes losing weight much easier.” I smiled.

“Carry on~” I gestured before walking off.

I could feel their eyes on my back as I walked, and to say it was not uncomfortable would be a lie. I sat in a corner, away from their sight, poking on the food. I tore up the bread into small bits and cut up the fruits into shapes for fun.

“Is this your new suicide plan?” A voice asked.

I looked up to find J staring down at me.

“You shouldn’t be seen here. They’ll associate you with me, and you’ll be labeled a freak too.” I said, although I was honestly pretty happy that he acknowledged my presence. I thought that after he left in the morning he would completely ignore the fact that he was nice and caring to me last night.

“I don’t wish to be here too. But I don’t wish for my efforts to go down to waste.” He said.

“Efforts?” I asked.

“Saving your damn life. It took me so much energy and effort to get you down, you know?” He said.

“And you still had me broke my nose?” I .

“That was an accident.” He hissed.

“You sure it wasn’t part of your plan?” I asked.

He pouted his lips in anger, looking like an angry little boy.

“Okay, okay~ Just teasing you.” I laughed.

“Whatever. Finish this.” He said, putting a plate full of food in front of me.

“So much?” My eyes widened.

“Unless you’re a girl, I can forgive the fact girls are always obsessed with dieting.” He said.

“I’m not trying to diet. I just don’t have the appetite.” I said.

“Then tell yourself that you’re ing hungry and the appetite will come. I don’t care. I had to endure stares from the ahjumma there thinking I was some sort of a glutton when I took two plates of food. You better finish it. Don’t waste my effort.” He said before walking off.

I looked at the plate of food, and then his back view. He stopped suddenly and turned back to me, dramatically gesturing ‘I’m watching you’.

Maybe he was right. I just have to tell myself that I’m ing hungry and the appetite would come. But man, does he think I am Seungho hyung or something? How am I going to finish this pile… no, this mountain of food, all by myself?

***
As the days passed, I kind of got used to them shunning and staring at me. J was still trying his very best to be mean to me. He would pile food on my plate when I was not taking much, or toss me a box of biscuit or a slice of bread as and when he felt like it. He does everything with a straight face, but he does not realize how contradicting it is.

At times, I would catch him staring at me to make sure I was eating what he handed to me, but when I looked over, he would point his middle finger at me and rejoin his group. When people in his group tries to bully me or insult me, he would indirectly help me by saying things like ‘He is boring, just leave him alone’, and to add to that, he does not seem to let me leave his sight. Wherever I went, he would mysteriously be there.

“Yah!” J appeared behind me out of a sudden, pushing my head into the magazine I was reading.

“Tsk!” I frowned.

“Oh, sorry. Did I hurt that plastic nose of yours?” He mocked.

“MY NOSE IS REAL!” I pinched my nose.

He laughed and stuck out his tongue at me.

“Anyway, want to… join me for soccer?” He asked.

The thought of soccer is enough to tire me out.

“If I walk over there, it’ll just be me and you playing. Leave me out. Go ahead.” I said.

“I’m not doing this because I’m afraid you’re lonely or anything. Don’t get me wrong.” He said.

“Oh?” I looked at him.

“I… I’m just… LOOK AT YOUR FAT THIGHS! OH MY GOD! HOW UNY! Aren’t you the rapper of an idol group, huh? Fan girls like y thighs, not a lump of fat like yours! I’m just doing the fangirls a favour! I don’t want them to be disappoint!” He said.

“I would give in easier if you would just be honest and said that you were afraid of me being lonely. Or perhaps, you’re afraid I would get bullied by others if you weren’t here?” I asked.

“NOTHING OF THAT SORT! Why in the world would I give a flying whether you get bullied or not? Don’t you remember that seeing you get bullied by others is the joy of my life?” He asked.

“I sure do remember.” I said.

“But bullying you is the bigger joy in my life, and I will not lose that to anyone, so now, let’s go.” He said, grabbing my wrist.

“What is he doing here, J?” One of them scoffed at me when he saw me.

“He’s playing. Aren’t we short of one?” J said.

“We can play with just how many players we got.” He said.

“Nope. He’s joining.” J insisted.

“J, have you gone crazy, or is this some sort of new strategy of yours that you’re not telling us? Why are you so caring about this freak out of a sudden?” He asked.

Freak; Now, that is hurting to hear.

“Can he even play? Oh right, is he on his period or something?” He continued, laughing, causing others to laugh too.

I winced softly when I felt J’s grip on my wrist tighten.

“If anyone is a freak here, it would be you.” J said to him, to my surprise.

“What?” He asked, eyes narrowing in anger.

“I said. You. Are. The. Freak.” J said, poking his chest as he spoke.

I saw his fist clench, and then he raised his fist to punch J but I caught him in time. J stared at me, wide eyed, while the guy glared hard at me.

“I’m not on my period, but thank you for asking. And I can play, it’s just a matter of whether I want to or not.” I said.

“Ahh~ Really. So do you want to play now, or not?” He asked.

“I sure do.” I said.

“Well, then let’s see your skills. Go and be the goal keeper.” He smirked.

“If I help our team win, you shall stop bullying me.” I said.

“Who said anything about a deal?” He glared.

“We’re all men here, and men don’t play for nothing. Unless…” I looked down at his crotch.

“Okay! You got it. If you help our team win, I’ll stop bullying you. No, scratch that. I’ll love you even. But if you let the other team score even one goal, I’ll give you a whole new insight on the definition of bully.” He said.

“Deal.” I smiled.

J looked at me worriedly. I guess he did not expect such things to happen. Honestly, neither did I. Yong Junhyung, you cannot play soccer for goodness sake. You cannot even walk without tripping over your own feet. What are you thinking!? This is suicide in its repackaged form.

***
tumblrlv6b5xv4a71ql6p0m.gifJunhyung: Does he think I am Seungho hyung or something? How am I going to finish this pile… no, this mountain of food, all by myself?

tumblrm97ggj1n9r1qa6v37.gifJunhyung: We’re all men here, and men don’t play for nothing. Unless…

tumblrm1wclk17xw1r4p861.gifYong Junhyung, you cannot play soccer for goodness sake. You cannot even walk without tripping over your own feet. What are you thinking!? This is suicide in its repackaged form.

***
Is J being too nice suddenly? Hahaha~