Forgive and forget

Our World (Sequel to I'm Different)

Junhyung’s POV

“Go and wash up, then come back. We’ll be here all day. No worries.” Seungho hyung said.

“Really?” I asked.

“Of course. It’s Sunday, and we’re lacking of places to go.” He said.

“Ahh hyung~” I whined at him for mocking me.

“Go on, go on~” He laughed, pushing me.

“I’ll be back.” I said as I ran back to my room, gathered my stuff and went to wash up.

I got dressed up in the shortest time possible. When I went back out, they were all around the backyard, eating and laughing among themselves while the kids ran around.

“APPAAAAAAAAAA!!!” Ji Eun yelled when she spotted me.

She ran towards me, crashing her body against me. I picked her up and kissed her all over her face.

“Hi, baby. I missed you so much.” I said.

“I miss Appa too~” She said.

I smiled at her, not knowing what else to say. Tae Hyun walked over with a plate in his hand.

“Are you hungry, Appa?” He asked.

I nodded.

“Food is there.” He said cheekily when I wanted to take the plate from him, thinking it was for me.

“This is not for me?” I asked.

He shook his head, eating proudly in front of me.

“Aigoo~ My Tae Hyunnie is becoming cheeky eh?” I .

He shrugged his shoulders and grinned at me.

“I’ll give you a bit thou~” He said, feeding me a tiny bit of sandwich.

“I’ll just eat whatever you give me then.” I said.

“Hehehe~ Appa, you’re no fun.” He pouted, then dragged me to sit with the rest. He and Ji Eun kept feeding me, purposely shoving food into my mouth despite my protests. But it was okay. It was nice seeing them have fun, although at the expense of me choking.

“Hey, hey~ Your Appa is gonna choke.” Jace said, stopping them.

They giggled and winked at me before running off.

“Here.” Jace said, handing me a cup of water.

I nodded my thanks to him, since I could not speak with my mouth full.

“How’s life here?” Hyunseung asked.

“It’s good. Everyone is nice.” I lied.

I caught Seungho hyung’s suspecting gaze. I thought he was going to say something, but instead he diverted his attention to Minki who was trying to climb onto his shoulders.

“Good to hear.” He said.

“It looks like a nice place here thou. Can we come over often? It’s boring without you.” Yoseob said.

“Really?” I asked.

“Of course! No one cleans our dorm now. Ayee~ It’s like a pig sty; that place.” Doojoon said.

“Yah! Is my existence there for cleaning only!?” I asked.

“Of course not! You are also my punching bag and my source of entertainment.” He said, punching my arms playfully.

I wrestled him to the ground and we rolled around, grabbing each other until the kids decided to join in the fun. They jumped on us and made us throw them in the air, in which we gladly complied. We did that with them for half an hour or so until they decided we were ‘not fun anymore’.

“That was more tiring than a two-hour concert.” Doojoon panted.

“Nothing that involves kids is relaxing.” I said as I wiped my sweat.

“But it was fun.” I continued.

“Gonna wash up. Where’s the toilet?” Doojoon asked.

I pointed to the left. He smacked the back of my head before running off.

“YOU JUST HAD TO DO THAT!” I yelled, but I was not angry.

Awkwardness sank in when it was just me and Minji left. The other boys disappeared to somewhere, as thou on purpose.

“Want a drink?” She asked as she handed me a can of Coke.

“Erm… thanks.” I muttered, taking the can from her.

“Minji, I…” I said, not daring to look at her.

“What?” She asked, smiling.

“I’m sorry.” I said, looking down.

“Honestly, who am I to get angry? It’s not like you bashed me.” She said.

I could not tell if she was being sarcastic or not.

“But I…” I mumbled.

“It’s okay, Junhyung. It’s over. I can see that you’re trying your best now and that’s that matters. It’s not like we could turn back time. Even if we could, I believe everything would still happen. It happens for a reason, I guess.” She said.

“What reason?” I asked.

“It made me realize how important Seungho is to me, and how fragile life can be. One minute he is cuddling with me, next minute he might be on the verge of death. I learn to treasure his existence more. But in your case, what reason does it hold, only you know.” She said.

What reason was it for me to turn into a monster and hurt people? That I am not as strong as I think I am? That my inner demon is stronger and could take over me any time? What reason?

“But whatever it is, I believe we all learnt something from this incident. It’s over now. Let it go.” She said.

“But I’m still sorry.” I said.

“Accepted. I’m sorry too. For saying mean things to you in a fit of anger. Trust me, Junhyung, I’ll never want you dead. So don’t even think about it, okay?” She said.

I smiled and nodded.

“There, there~ All nice and friendly!” A voice said from behind us suddenly.

We both jumped in shock. We turned to find Seungho hyung squatting behind us, grinning.

“You were eavesdropping!?” Minji asked, tackling him to the ground.

I laughed as the couple got tangled in a physical fight. How I wish Haneul was here too. We would fight like that too, and she will always win, because she is much stronger, physically and mentally. However, she will never use her strength to win me. She will use aegyo; a much deadlier weapon.

“Appa~” Tae Hyun poked me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Yes?” I asked, wiping the sweat off his forehead.

“I want to go to the toilet.” He said.

“Okay, Appa will bring you to the toilet.” I said, holding his hand.

“Appa, when are you coming home?” He asked while we walked.

“I don’t know.” I said honestly.

He pouted and nodded.

I squatted down in front of him.

“Tae Hyun ah, I.. Appa is sorry.” I said.

He shook his head.

“Appa is sorry. For everything I did. If not for my mistakes, we would be a happy family.” I said.

“Appa, but everyone makes mistake. It’s okay. Just like when Tae Hyun throws a tantrum, I say sorry and you forgive me too.” He said.

“But Appa did something that’s really wrong. I’m not sure if ‘sorry’ can cure anything.” I said.

He hugged me.

“Appa, ‘sorry’ is a magic word. It cures everything.” He said.

“When did you become so good with words, hmm?” I asked.

“Umma said so~” He chuckled.

“Umma?” I asked.

“Yea. Umma said that Appa did something wrong, but he said sorry and he is receiving his punishment now. I was angry with Appa at first, but then when I think about Appa, I realize I am not angry after all. I think I just miss you.” He said.

“So sorry.” I cried into his chest.

“Appa, don’t cry.” He kissed me on my cheek.

“Jace daddy said that as a family we should forgive and forget. So Appa, I forgive you, and I’ll forget you.” He said innocently.

“Forget me?” I pouted.

“Ahh no no! I mean.. I’ll forget that I am angry with you! But I’ll always remember Appa!” He hugged me tightly.

“But Appa~” He said, pouting at me.

“What is it?” I asked.

“I really need to pee.” He frowned.

“Oh! I’m sorry! I forgot! The toilet is there.” I said, pointing to the back.

“Go on~” I smacked his lightly as he ran.

“DON’T DO THAT!! I’LL PEE!!” He whined as he ran. I laughed at his cuteness.

I wiped my tears as I strolled to the toilet. I cannot believe that Haneul and Jace put in good words for me. I should be feeling happy at their actions, but why am I feeling guiltier than ever?

“I’m sorry.” I apologized when I knocked into someone.

“ you.” A familiar voice said.

I looked up. He was smirking at me.

“Sorry?” He asked, grabbing me by the neck of my shirt.

“Please… Not today.” I pleaded, not wanting the kids to witness this.

“Why not? Do we have to go seek an auspicious day?” He asked.

“No. No. Any day is fine, just not today. Please.” I pleaded.

“Give me a good reason.” He said, pushing me against the wall.

“Just…” I muttered. My eyes kept looking over at the toilet. I was afraid Tae Hyun would come out and see all these.

“Why do you keep looking there?” He asked.

“No.” I mumbled.

“Is someone important here? Hmm?” He asked.

“No. No. Please. Let me off for today, and I’ll do anything you say.” I pleaded.

“You were so fierce a few days back, and you’re acting like this now? Do you have split personality or do you just enjoy confusing people?” He asked.

“Nothing of that sort. I…” I was lost for words when I saw the toilet door open, and then Tae Hyun stepped out, looking around for me.

“Appa!” He called out when he saw me.

He looked at us with wide eyes.

“Appa? Your son?” He asked, looking at me.

I nodded once.

He looked at me with an expression I did not understand. He did not seem to be plotting anything evil, neither did he seem like he was happy or sad. He let go of me slowly.

“Just for today.” He muttered loud enough for me to hear.

“Appa~” Tae Hyun called out as he held onto my hand.

“You… done?” I asked, my heart still racing from what happened.

He nodded, and then turned to the bully.

“Annyeonghasaeyo~” Tae Hyun bowed, greeting him.

“Such a polite boy. Have fun.” He smiled, patting Tae Hyun on his head before walking off.

This is the first time I saw him smile, but it was a sad smile. Why?

***
tumblrlp4phzzkxd1qcrn2m.gifJunhyung: Ahh hyung~

tumblrmfkd00xoyv1qiixf7.gif

tumblrmd6uqubusd1r9jwh7.gif

tumblrmcojbtmccw1qi21mn.gif

tumblrm7n6xf4bay1qzh5sn.gif

tumblrmd6uzljp0a1r9jwh7.gif

tumblrm9atdvb7rj1r07r2m.gif

tumblrm1z0915rad1qzh5sn.gifDoojoon: Of course not! You are also my punching bag and my source of entertainment.

tumblrm9pq2vdygt1qzhnib.gifJunhyung: YOU JUST HAD TO DO THAT!

tumblrm5xayhtm7j1r7mqq6.gifWhen Junhyung and Minji were left alone