All over again

Our World (Sequel to I'm Different)

Junhyung’s POV

“Hyunggggggggggg!!!” J jumped out from the corner, scaring me.

“Good morning.” I smiled, messing up his already messy hair.

“You’re feeling better today?” He asked.

“Sorry about yesterday.” I apologized.

“It’s fine.” He waved his hand.

“Shin, I’m sorry.” I said again when he did not give me a respond.

“Mmm~” He nodded, and then walked off.

“Don’t mind him, hyung. He is not angry, he is hungry.” J said.

“Ouh~” I sighed.

“Let’s go eat! I wonder what she’s cooking today! You must be really hungry! You didn’t eat at all yesterday!” J said.

“I…” I almost blabbered out that I did eat last night.

“Yea. I’m so hungry.” I corrected myself quickly.

“Thanks.” I smiled when Shin handed me a plate.

We joined the queue, which was moving slower than usual because of the constant flirting of those guys. I had to bite myself to prevent myself from flaring up. When it was finally our turn, I had to watch both Shin and J flirt with her. How annoying.

“Did you sleep well?” J asked Haneul.

“I slept really well.” Haneul smiled.

“What do you want for breakfast?” Haneul asked.

Both Shin and J stared at the food, as thou taking their time on purpose.

“Be quick.” I got impatient.

“Wait hyung! I’m thinking!” J pouted.

“What do you recommend?” Shin asked. Subtle way of flirting, but not subtle enough for me to not notice.

“Why me? It’s your preference.” Haneul said.

“Quickkkkkk~” I groaned again.

Haneul glanced at me, and then let out a chuckle.

“Are these waffles?” J asked the obvious.

“Do they look like fried rice to you?” I got angry.

“Ahh hyung~” He elbowed my ribs.

“Give both of them five pieces of waffles each. They love waffles!” I said.

“Okay~” Haneul smiled.

“No, no, no!! Just one will do!” Shin said hurriedly. Waffles ain’t really his thing.

“Would you pour the syrup for me?” J asked, adding a disgusting wink.

The syrup was self-service, but he just had to get Haneul to do it.

“I’ll do it for you.” I said, snatching the bottle of maple syrup from Haneul.

I turned the bottle over, pouring almost three quarter of the bottle of syrup onto J’s waffles.

“HYUNG!! STOP!!! YAH!!! HOW AM I GOING TO EAT!?” His eyes widened.

“I thought you liked it sweet?” I asked.

Shin laughed discreetly, but I saw it.

“You want some too?” I asked him.

“No, thank you!” He said as he hurried away.

“You didn’t have to do that.” Haneul said, loud enough for me to hear only, after they left.

“While I understand you, understand me too. So do not interfere with the way I get my anger out.” I said.

“As long as you don’t hurt yourself or anyone.” She said.

“Here you go.” She said, handing me the plate.

Everything was my favourite. It was as if she cooked breakfast specially for me.

“By the way…” She said as I was leaving. I turned to look at her.

“Nice ring.” She smiled.

I looked at my ring finger and smiled.

“My wife chose our wedding ring. She has an excellent taste, doesn’t she?” I said.

“She sure does. So lucky, whoever she is.” She said.

“No. I’m the lucky one.” I winked at her before walking off.

***
I heard a knock on my door, and then it opened, revealing Haneul who stuck her head in.

“May I come in?” She grinned.

“Quick come in so I can kiss you.” I said.

She laughed and shut the door behind her.

“I brought supper.” She said as she kissed me on my lips.

“Is it your dinner?” I asked.

She smiled awkwardly at me.

“You always say that I don’t take good care of myself, but what about you?” I asked.

“Aww~ I was busy. Sorry~ I’ll eat now.” She said.

“You look so tired.” I said.

She leaned against me, rubbing her face against my shoulder.

“Sleep here tonight?” I asked.

“More than happy.” She said.

After eating, we went to sleep straight away. She was tired and it written all over her face. Why does it feel like my fault she is working like that? It is my fault, right?

“Sorry~” I muttered as I watched her sleep.

***
I made it a point to wake up the time she would come to work every morning, so we could spend a bit of time to ourselves while she cooked, and at the same time I can help her out too so she does not have to do everything herself.

“You don’t have to do this daily. You need to rest.” She said.

“Are you talking to yourself?” I asked.

She laughed and threw flour at me. We had a mini flour fight until I stopped her.

“We need to cook.” I said, still giggling.

“Okay.” She said obediently, which was pretty weird.

“But Junhyung,” She called out.

I turned back only to be greeted with flour right smack in my face.

“Last one.” She smiled.

“Watch out.” I threatened her.

***
I still could not stand it when people flirted with her, especially Shin and J. J especially, he seemed so erted with his words I just want to pour a bowl of hot soup onto his head each time he speaks to Haneul. But I learn to control myself and get back at him in another manner.

“Hyung, you like Skye or something?” Shin asked as we were chilling.

“What?” I asked, almost laughing out.

Like? No, darling. I love her.

“You have a wife, hyung.” J frowned.

“I know.” I said.

“Just because your wife has not come, does not mean you can go around liking another person. That’s cheating, and it’s very hurting.” J said.

I wanted to say something sarcastic but I saw his expression. He got cheated by his wife, he sure has all the rights in the world to say this, but J, Skye is my wife.

 “Okay.” I said instead.

“But I think she is married thou. She has a ring on her ring finger.” Shin said, looking disappointed.

“Ahh, really?” I asked, but I was laughing inside.

“Hyung, is that your wedding ring? How come I have never seen you wear it before?” Shin asked.

“I.. Erm.. I took it off before that. But now I feel the need to wear it. You know, to serve as a reminder that I am married.” I said.

J smiled and nodded.

“There is beauty in loving just one girl. Love is the only thing that isn’t joyful when variety is involved.” He said.

Shin and I exchanged glances.

“Come, let’s go ask Ha.. I mean, Skye, for some ice cream!” I said, pulling J up.

“Why the sudden ice cream?” Haneul asked as she handed us ice cream.

“Just feel like eating.” I said.

“I think this ice cream is going to be extra sweet.” J grinned.

“Why? It’s just normal ice cream.” Haneul said, confused.

“Because it is you who handed it to me!” He squealed.

Just for today, J. Just for today, I will close my eyes and let you flirt with my wife.

***
Haneul was mostly everywhere I was. She seemed to be doing every kind of job. From being the doctor, to cooking, even washing the toilets. How can they make her do so many jobs? She is only one person. She does not stay here, therefore she has to come very early daily to cook, and to add to that, her job ends only when our lights off, which is 11PM. But she says she does it voluntary. I do not like it still.

I was walking to the field with J and Shin when Haneul walked towards our direction. She looked so tired, but she smiled when she saw us.

“Hello, Skye! We’re going to the field!” Shin said happily.

“The weather is good, but don’t get a sunburn.” Haneul said.

“Do you want to join us?” J asked.

“I have stuff to do. Sorry~” Haneul pouted.

“Ouh~ What’s for dinner!?” J asked excitedly.

“Air. Let’s go.” I said, dragging him away.

“BUT I HAVE NOT GOTTEN MY ANSWER!!!” He yelled. I slapped my hand over his mouth to shut him up.

Haneul and I held hands for a brief second as we passed each other. I smiled to myself when I felt her press a slip of paper against my palm.

‘What do you want for dinner? ^^’; The note wrote.

“Erm… I’ll be back. Toilet!” I said as I ran off.

‘You.’ I scribbled on the note, and then left it in our secret place, which was a letterbox that was not in use.

I guess there is beauty in this kind of bond too. It was like when we were dating all over again, only this time, I am waiting for her instead.

***
tumblrm9us72mplt1qkmbwu.gifWhen Junhyung sees Shin, J and everyone else flirting with Haneul but cannot do anything about it

2dhh3xu.gifJ: BUT I HAVE NOT GOTTEN MY ANSWER!!!

tumblrlva8x59f031qdo3wr.gifJunhyung when he felt Haneul press a note against his palm.