Dream

Our World (Sequel to I'm Different)

Haneul’s POV

I went back to the eating area to continue my job. I could not stop thinking of Junhyung’s words and expression. Surprisingly, instead of angry, I felt quite happy. If he did not have a reaction like that, I would have started thinking if it is because we were apart too long therefore he is not as protective as before.

“Where’s… hyung?” A voice asked.

I looked up to find one of Junhyung’s friends looking at me. He was the one that was pouting as thou I was going to kill Junhyung.

“I don’t know.” I said.

“I… I thought you said you were going to bring him back here!?” He yelled.

“You love him, don’t you?” I .

“Where’s hyung!?” He frowned.

“I think he went back to his room.” I smiled.

“Did you do something to him?” He narrowed his eyes at me.

I nodded. His eyes widened.

“I stitched up his cut.” I said.

“Yah! Tsk! Could you stop it!?” He pouted, rubbing his chest.

“Stop what?” I asked.

“Being like this!” He said.

“Like what?” I asked.

“Aish~ Forget it! Let me tell you something.” He pointed at me.

“Tell.” I said.

“Hyung is married and he loves his wife a lot, a lot. Hyung is very handsome and I know there are lots of people like you out there wanting a piece of him. Erm, perhaps.. you stand on a higher line because you’re beautiful too but whatever! Hyung is taken!” He said, sounding like a son protecting his father.

I could only laugh.

“Don’t laugh! I’m being completely serious here!” He said.

“Okay. Since you found out my intentions, I guess I have to change my target.” I played along.

He had the victory look on his face. I wonder what kind of look would he have if he finds out that his hyung is actually married to me.

“But here, taken or not, he has to eat.” I said, handing him a plate of food.

“Ouh. Why is it so little?” He asked, staring at the plate.

Junhyung is on his period. He would not be able to eat much, and the fact he left so angrily, I doubt he would even want to eat anything. That fellow, always taking having regular meals so lightly as if they did not matter to his health.

“This is the most he could eat now.” I said absentmindedly.

“How.. how do you know?” He asked, surprised.

“I mean.. He looks like he doesn’t have much appetite. Make sure he finishes it, and if he wants more, look for me.” I said hurriedly.

“Oh okay.” He mumbled as he walked off.

I looked at him, confused, when he walked back.

“Hyung may be taken, but I’m single.” He grinned before running off.

“Aie~ Your hyung will kill you.” I mumbled to myself.

***
I was washing the plates when that boy walked back with a pout on his face.

“He didn’t eat?” I asked, looking at the plate still filled with food.

He shook his head.

“He is so angry. He screamed at me and chased me out.” He said.

I smiled and patted his head.

“Maybe.. he’s having some sort of mood swing.” I said.

“How do you know!?” He looked shocked.

Of course I know, stupid boy~

“We all have mood swings, don’t we?” I said.

“Guess so.” He said.

“Never mind. He’ll be okay.” I said, taking the plate from him.

“What’s your name?” He asked.

“Why do you want to know my name?” I asked.

“Can’t I ask?” He asked.

“Skye.” I smiled.

“I’m J.” He extended his hand to me.

I dried my hands and shook his.

“You know Junhyung well?” I asked.

“Well.. I guess? Hmm~ Ours is a long story.” He said.

“Ahhh~ So you and him are close friends?” I asked.

“Together with Shin!” He smiled.

“Shin? The other guy?” I asked.

“Yea. The uglier one.” He said.

I laughed out loud.

“He’s not ugly!” I said.

“But as compared to hyung and me, he is… hmmm~ bad~” He said.

I said nothing, except smile.

“So… where’s Shin?” I asked.

“Back in his room. He was sulking after hyung yelled at us.” He said.

We continued talking for a while, until he was called back to the room for lights off.

***
“Don’t get too close with them, please.” My friend said.

“Why? Because it’ll be hard for me to leave? I could work here forever.” I said.

“You could work here forever no doubt, but they’ll leave one day. You don’t wish for them to stay here forever too, right? And besides, don’t forget what you promised me when you begged me to let you come.” He said.

“I wouldn’t forget. Junhyung is my priority.” I said.

“Then just get close to him will do.” He said.

“I can’t help it if everyone is attracted to me.” I grinned.

“So full of yourself.” He punched my shoulder playfully.

“But I’m curious, why the sudden want to take care of him? You… you never bothered.” He said.

“That’s why I say you don’t know me well enough.” I sighed.

“What!?” His eyes widened.

“I’m his wife. Would I really be able to not bother about him?” I asked, showing him the wedding rings on my ring finger.

“You were here that day, weren’t you?” He asked.

“Which day?” I asked, despite already knowing.

“You heard his song. Your daughter did not see wrong. You were really there. Why did you run away?” He asked.

“I was not prepared to appear yet.” I said.

“And then now?” He asked.

“Now I’m prepared.” I said.

“You change so damn fast.” He said.

“I’m Haneul~” I shrugged my shoulders.

“But Jace is right. Haneul, you really changed a lot.” He said.

“What did this stupid Jace say about me again!?” I frowned.

“He said that you changed, but for the better. I guess getting together with Junhyung and marrying him made you a better person. You’re just so different now. I don’t know how to put it, but just different.” He said.

“Submissive?” I asked.

“Not exactly, but in a way? You’re still firm, but you’re more open.” He said.

“You’re like… eating back on your own words. I can’t tell if you’re mocking me or not.” I said.

“Oh! I found the word for it! Stupid! You’ve become stupid. Stupidly in love.” He laughed, running off because he knows he would die if he stayed.

“YAH!!!” I ran after him.

But I guess he is right to a certain point. Junhyung made me stupid. Stupidly in love. In the past I would have slapped him across his face if he threw a tantrum like that on me, but now I am actually finding him cute? Haneul, you have gone mad. But I guess, it is a good kind of mad?

***
I knocked on Junhyung’s door, absolutely sure he was still awake.

“Go away.” I heard him say.

I kept knocking, ignoring him. The door swung opened after a while, revealing an angry looking Junhyung.

“I said to go away, didn’t I!?” He yelled.

When he realized it was me, he seemed a little taken aback, but held it in.

“What do you want!?” He asked rudely.

“To make sure you’re okay.” I said.

“It is not in the duty of the cook or doctor or whatever position you are in to bother if we are okay or not. So just mind your own business. You should not be seen here with me.” He said.

I smiled at his outburst.

“Now you see why I said people cannot know about us or else I’ll have to leave?” I asked.

“What?” He frowned.

“Because I am biased like that. I cannot treat everyone equally. I cannot treat you like how I treat them. I have the need to cook you special meals, deliver them to you personally, feed you if I must. I have the need to make sure you are okay so I check on you personally. I cannot sleep if you aren’t feeling well or sleeping well, so I need to watch you fall asleep before I could leave. If all of you get hurt or fall sick at the same time, I have the need to go tend to you first, because I cannot bear seeing you in pain. I’m biased like that. Do you understand now? I cannot treat you like how I treat the others because while they are human to me, you are life to me, therefore I need you to help me. Help me by not acknowledging my presence so I can do my job properly and be here with you at the same time. Can you help me? Please?” I said.

He bit his lower lip, as thou suppressing a smile.

“Do you want to come in?” He asked.

“No. I just want to stand here.” I said sarcastically.

He laughed and dragged me in, shutting the door behind us.

“Okay. I’ll help you. But what do I get in return?” He asked.

“I’m amazed by your guts to ask for anything in return.” I said, crossing my arms.

He stuck out his lower lip, looking down.

“In return, you’ll get all the biasness I can give.” I said, pinching his lip.

He tried to bite my finger like a puppy.

“Hungry?” I asked.

He nodded.

“I tried to bake Seungho bread.” I said, slightly embarrassed.

“But…” I muttered.

“But?” He asked.

“But it looks weird.” I said.

He opened the cover, and then laughed out loud. I kicked him, annoyed at the fact he did not even try to console me.

“Sorry, sorry. It’s just… Seungho looks… angry… and burnt.” He giggled.

“Hurrrr~ I really tried!” I stamped my foot.

“Alright. Alright.” He smiled.

“Are you going to eat it or not?” I asked.

“Of course I am.” He said.

“Why aren’t you eating?” I asked when he just stared at me.

“I thought you said you have the need to feed me. I’m waiting.” He said.

I rolled my eyes, wanting very much to punch him, but I end up feeding him anyway.

“Is it nice?” I asked.

“Very.” He said with his mouth full.

“Don’t talk with your mouth full. You’ll choke.” I frowned.

“Then why did you ask the question when my mouth is full?” He answered.

I puffed my cheeks in anger.

“You have a lot to say, don’t you?” I asked.

“No, no, no.” He chuckled, covering his mouth.

Junhyung’s POV

“You have not answered my question.” I said when I was done eating.

“What question?” She asked.

“Why are you working here?” I asked.

She sat down beside me, taking my hand into hers, playing with my fingers.

“Because you’re here.” She said.

I looked at her, confused.

“I’m working here because you’re here.” She said.

“Me?” I asked.

“Where else would I be able to see you if not here?” She asked.

“See… me?” I muttered.

Haneul wants to see me? Even after what I did to her, she still wants me? I should be feeling happy, shouldn’t I? But why do I feel so much worse?

“Surprised?” She asked.

“After what I did to you… but you still…” I mumbled.

“You know, Junhyung, there are some people in this world who you can love and love and just love no matter what. To me, Junhyung, you, belong in this category. Is this enough to answer your question?” She asked.

I lied down on her lap, playing with the fabric of her shorts.

“Are you having cramps?” She asked.

I nodded.

She slipped her palm under my shirt.

“Not here.” I said.

“Then where?” She asked.

I moved her hand to my chest.

“Chest?” She asked, sounding shock.

“Heart.” I said.

“If your heart is having a cramp, I don’t think massaging will help.” She said.

I chuckled, snuggling closer to her.

“Thank you for loving and loving and loving me no matter what.” I said.

“This played a part in the forgiving process too.” She said, showing me the bullet she wore on her neck.

“You’re still wearing this?” I asked, surprised.

“I told you that I would always wear it to serve as a reminder how easily I could lose you, didn’t I?” She said.

I touched the bullet. It felt warm perhaps because of her body warmth. I recalled what happened that very day. I am so glad I took the bullet for her. I pulled her down and kissed her on her lips. I her lips, asking for permission to kiss her further. She smiled as a response, and then cupped my cheeks and kissed me deeply.

“I miss you.” I muttered as we broke apart for air.

“Me too.” She said, her forehead touching mine.

I rubbed my nose against hers, causing her to giggle at the ticklish feeling. I give her a gentle peck on her lips before lying down and making space for her. I circled my arm around her protectively while she slung one leg across my stomach, head resting on my chest.

“Don’t leave tonight.” I muttered.

“Okay.” She said.

“Thank you.” I smiled.

“I’m bias like that.” She said.

I chuckled and kissed her on her hair.

“You’re close with Shin and J?” She asked.

“Oh, you know their names?” I asked, surprised.

“J told me. He came to me asking me not to try seducing you because you are already taken.” She said.

“That crazy fellow!” I laughed.

“Then he said while you are taken, he is single, I can go to him instead.” She said.

My laughter died.

“I’m going to kill him.” I hissed.

She laughed and poked my stomach.

“I’m protective like that.” I said.

“I know. That’s why we make a good couple. One is bias, another is protective.” She said.

I sighed and played with her hair.

“Why are you sighing?” She asked.

“For fun.” I mumbled.

“I heard from your in-charge that before you made friends, you were bullied like crazy. Who are the bullies? I’ll poison their food.” She said.

“You can’t.” I laughed.

“Why not? They bullied you.” She pouted.

“Because they are the exact people who are closest to me now.” I said.

“Shin and J!?” Her eyes widened.

I nodded.

“Never mind. I’ll get back at them in another way.” She said.

“Okay~ Do whatever you want.” I said.

“I heard that… you confessed… everything.” She turned to look at me.

I bit my lips inwards and nodded.

“Every… thing?” She asked.

I nodded.

“Everything; Loki, drugs, how I hurt you… and..” I muttered.

“And?” She asked.

“My period.” I said.

She almost fell off the bed if not because I caught her in time.

“Be careful.” I frowned.

“You told them… about your period?” She asked, shocked.

I nodded.

“Why did you do it?” She pouted.

“Honestly, I don’t know. At that point of time, I just wanted to… get everything out. I was so tired. I wanted to die, and I didn’t want to die with so many secrets, so I just spilled everything.” I said.

I went on to tell her about how I was bullied, the troubles I got in when I fought back, the fire, how I tried to kill myself, J saving me, and then how we became friends. She was crying by the end of it. I pulled her into my embrace, letting her tears soak my chest.

“I’m so sorry you had to go through everything on your own. I’m so sorry.” She cried.

“No. Don’t be sorry. I guess I had to go through that part of life on my own, or else I’ll never realize how important you are to me. I’m pretty glad about all that had happened thou, perhaps, apart from Loki…” I bit my tongue to stop myself from crying.

“It was an accident.” She said.

She pushed me to lie back down. She turned off the lights and kicked the blanket to cover the both of us. I held her tightly in my arms and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

“Good night, Junroro.” She said in a slur.

“Good night, Lionny. I love you.” I said.

“Mmm~” She hummed.

“You don’t love me?” I asked.

She giggled.

“It’s okay.” I said softly.

I felt her shift in my arms. She snuggled closer to me, so close I could feel her breath against my ear.

“I love you.” She said in a sleepy voice.

I grinned like an idiot.

“Stop grinning. Sleep.” She chuckled, covering her palm over my face.

I closed my eyes, but did not sleep. I still could not digest the whole situation yet. Haneul is back here with me. Haneul is in my arms right now. Why does this feel so unreal? What if it is not real? What if it is all my imagination?

***
When I woke up the next morning, I was alone. Haneul was not there. I looked around my room, it looked the same, as thou she never came.

“Was I really dreaming only?” I muttered, looking around, feeling lost.

If it was just a dream, then why did it felt so real? Is it because I miss her too much? She fed me, we kissed, we hugged each other to sleep. I remember it, I could still feel it, but why?

I buried my face in my palms. I was a little startled when I felt something cold against my cheek. I look down on my hand. On my ring finger, our wedding ring sat nicely.

Last night was a dream, but it was also real. A dream because it is my dream for Haneul to come back to me. It is real because she is really back. The wedding ring says so. 

***
Just in case you don't remember,
Junhyung gave Haneul his wedding ring together with the letter when she was in the hospital.
That was the night he tried to kill himself but got stopped by Junsung :)

***
tumblrmhs5ejpwzf1r3hxrd.gifJ: Hyung is taken!

tumblrm6f4rylx0s1qa6v37.gifHaneul: Because I am biased like that.

tumblrlhh6wx7uq41qcv6vz.gifHaneul: You know, Junhyung, there are some people in this world who you can love and love and just love no matter what. To me, Junhyung, you, belong in this category. Is this enough to answer your question?

***
Maybe I did not make it clear in the previous chapter. Junhyung is not angry because he has to pretend he doesn't know Haneul, but because if they were 'strangers', he cannot protect her openly from the hands and eyes of those erted, female desperate guys. This is what that is irritating him, not because he cannot tell the world he is Haneul's husband. Perhaps that too, but it's just a small percentage :)