Change

Our World (Sequel to I'm Different)

Junhyung’s POV

She sat up and looked at me with wide eyes.

“Do you know what you’re saying?” She asked, squeezing my cheeks.

I nodded.

She buried her face in her palms for awhile, before looking up with a sigh.

“Are you in need of money?” She asked.

I laughed and shook my head.

“Then why do you want to close the bookstore? I thought we promised each other that we’ll protect that place with our lives?” She asked.

“I think you’re getting the wrong idea here.” I said.

“Huh?” She looked at me, obviously upset.

“Baby, I’m not intending to sell the bookstore. Are you crazy?” I asked.

“You’re not?” She asked, looking slightly happier.

“Of course not. Have I gone mad? That place is where we all begin. Our memories are there. I’ll protect it with my life.” I said.

She let out a small smile.

“Then what do you want to do?” She asked.

“I’m just thinking of… changing the place into something more useful to the society.” I said.

“Like what?” She asked, lying down on my lap.

“I was thinking of turning it into a place where we can help kids with family problems, drug problems, whatever problems.” I said.

“Ahhh~ My Junroro wants to be a counselor now?” She poked my cheek.

“How can I counsel people when I am so screwed up myself? I just hope to provide a shelter for them, and if I could, help them to get back on the right route in life.” I said.

She smiled and nodded.

“You’ll let me do it?” I asked.

“Of course. Why not? You’re the head of the family. Your words are final.” She said.

“I’m the head of the family, but you’re the neck. I cannot and wouldn’t go anywhere you refuse to go.” I said.

She blushed and smacked me girlishly.

“So?” I asked.

“Do it. Just do it.” She smiled.

“Thank you.” I said, kissing her on her lips.

“But I have one condition.” She said.

“What?” I asked.

“Leave the basement alone.” She said.

“That goes without a saying, sweetheart.” I lied down to cuddle with her.

“Ahh one more thing~” I said.

“Hmm?” She hummed sleepily.

“I want to give anyone who wants to learn how to swim free lessons too.” I said.

“Swim?” She asked.

“Yea. I don’t wish for any parents… to lose their kids because of drowning anymore. I don’t wish for any parents out there to have to go through what we went through. It’s too painful.” I said.

“Junroro~” She called out as she snuggled her face into her chest.

“Yea?” I asked.

“Are you an angel?” She asked.

“No.” I laughed.

“Then why are you so nice?” She asked.

“I’m not nice.” I said.

“You’re an angel. Definitely.” She chuckled.

“Lionny, there’s something else I need to tell you too.” I said.

“Tell me in the morning, angel. I’m sleepy~” She said in a slur.

“Darling, please. Just one more thing.” I pleaded.

“Okay~ Say~” She said, but I knew she was half-asleep.

“Tomorrow, I’m going to look for Ryu. Do you remember who Ryu is?” I asked.

“Mmmm~” She hummed.

“He needs my help. I’m going to get him out of this crap. I don’t know what is going to happen, but Lionny, I want you to know that I love you very much. Without you, there’ll be no Junhyung, there would be no home. I love you, Haneul ah~ I really do. If I don’t make it back tomorrow…” I muttered.

She was asleep already. I sighed and stopped talking.

“Thank you for being such a strong person, Haneul ah~ Thank you.” I kissed her on her forehead.

I was awake the whole night, watching her sleep. I hope, I pray, I wish, that this would not be my last time.

***
Have you all forgotten Ryu? ^^