Beginning

Our World (Sequel to I'm Different)

J’s POV

“Yah~ Yong Junhyung, have you lost your mind?” I stopped him as he was heading to the goal post.

“You asked me to join in, didn’t you?” He asked.

“I did. But not like that. They’ll kill you.” I said.

“Then so be it.” He said.

“Yah! How can you say that? After I’ve saved your life? I said to not waste my efforts, didn’t I?” I frowned.

He laughed and patted me on my back.

“I have an almost professional soccer player in my group. Even thou I don’t play, I’ve watched him play countless times.” He said.

“How is watching the same from playing? Yah, they are almost professional too.” I reasoned.

He just smiled at me and walked off. For a split moment, I thought he looked kind of cool. But the coolness died away as soon as it came when he tripped over his own feet.

“Oh my goodness.” I muttered, smacking my forehead.

“J! ARE YOU COMING OR NOT!?” The one who placed the bet with Junhyung yelled.

“Yea.” I muttered as I headed into position.

“J, I don’t know what’s going on better you and that Yong Junhyung, but this is between me and him. If you dare interfere, I’ll break you as well.” He said.

I glared at him, not saying anything.

“Let’s see how good your skills are.” He mumbled with a smirk as he cracked his fingers.

Yong Junhyung, I sincerely hope you at least know the basics.

The whole game was not played fairly at all. He obviously gave a handicap to the other team, letting them get the ball almost too easily. It is almost like he was passing the ball to them instead of us. I tried my best to fight for the ball but each time I am close, I would be shoved away.

I watch as Yong Junhyung dodged the ball as thou his life depended on it. He dives to the ground and dodges the ball with his entire body each time someone kicked the ball towards the goal post. Although he never missed a goal, but it was at the expense of him getting injured.

Time was ticking. The game was going to end soon. Yong Junhyung could hardly stand properly, and my friend was not pleased at all. All eleven goals, Yong Junhyung never missed any.

“At least one goal, play fair.” I hissed.

“How about, no?” He smirked as he kicked the ball towards the opponent team.

“.” I mumbled under my breath as I ran with whatever strength I have left to try get the ball back.

The whole damn team was boycotting Yong Junhyung. It feels like it was just Yong Junhyung and me against all of them.

“Get back to your senses, J. What’s going on with you huh? Did he promise you he’ll make you a rising star when he gets back out?” He said as he ran beside me.

“He did not, and I am fully awake. I know what is going on. You can hate him, but leave him alone. Don’t hurt him like that. You have no idea what he is going through.” I said.

“Oh, so you know?” He mocked.

“I don’t know everything, but I know enough to stop what I used to do.” I said.

“Really? What do you know huh?” He asked, stopping me.

“I know that he’s having a hard time. I know I was the one who started all this , but I want to end it now. I apologize for filling you with the wrong information of him. Can we please stop it already?” I asked.

“What do you take us for huh? Your dogs? When you feel that we should do something, we should do it your way, and when you want to stop, we all stop?” He asked.

“It’s not like that. I just…” I had no idea what to say. I was the one who started all this in the first place.

But I cannot believe we were having this conversation in the middle of a soccer match.

“You want me to stop bullying him, then would you take his place?” He asked.

“Yes.” I said.

“You’re not J!” He yelled, punching me across my cheek.

I was about to return him with a punch when my eyes widened at the sight of the ball flying straight for Yong Junhyung’s face.

“MOVE AWAY, IDIOT!! YAH!!!” I shouted when he did not seem to be moving, but instead, watch the ball fly towards him.

“Is he crazy?” I heard my friend mumble.

“Another thing I know about him is that he is sincere. He is not crazy. He just sincerely wants you to stop bullying him.” I said before running towards them.

My friend was running beside me as well, and I heard him gasp when we saw the ball hit Yong Junhyung right in his face, then he collapsed onto the grass.

“WHO WAS THE ONE WHO KICKED THE BALL!?” I shouted.

“Yah~ Yah~ Wake up~ Yong Junhyung~ Wake up~” I shook him.

He opened his eyes, grinning stupidly at me.

“Did we… win?” He asked.

I looked at my friend who seemed like he was in shock.

“Did we win?” I glared at him.

“I don’t remember… letting them score… any.” Junhyung muttered.

“DID WE WIN!?” I yelled at my friend.

“We did! We won. Thank you. You’re amazing.” My friend said to Junhyung.

“Heee~” Junhyung chuckled dumbly.

“So the… deal..” He mumbled.

“Yes. I’ll stop bullying you. Let’s go get you clean up first.” My friend said, extending his hand to Junhyung to help him up.

But he only managed to pull him up halfway before Junhyung lost it all and passed out in my arms.

Junhyung’s POV

I opened my eyes to find myself in my room, on my bed. I cannot remember walking back here. How did I get back?

“You’re up. Don’t sit up. You’ll feel dizzy.” A voice said. J.

“How did I get back here?” I asked, feeling sore all over.

“We had to carry you back! Fortunately you’re not heavy.” He said.

“Thanks.” I smiled.

“Yah, you really can’t play soccer, can you? I’ve never seen anyone play like you before. Seriously. You’re more than just ‘unable to play’. You totally have no idea what is going on. How could you dodge the ball with your body like that? Were you trying to play dodge ball and dive at the same time? Do you know how dangerous it was? You could have died there!” He scolded.

I laughed at his outburst.

“What's so funny!?” He yelled.

“I’m just amazed at how you care but insist that you don’t.” I said.

“I don’t care. I just…” I cut him off before he could finish.

“You just don’t want your efforts to go to waste. I know.” I said.

“Since you know, then why aren’t you doing as I say?” He said.

I smiled, not saying anything.

“You’re not allowed to do any more sports.” He muttered.

“Are you my mom?” I asked.

“JUST DO AS I SAY! YOUR LIFE IS SAVED BY ME! I HAVE A SAY IN IT TOO!” He yelled.

“Then I saved your life too, shouldn’t I have a say in yours too?” I asked.

“You saved me halfway, and then I had to drag you out. So technically, it was still me who saved you. Now, shut up.” He said.

I could only laugh.

“Are you hungry?” He asked after awhile.

I nodded.

“I have some bread here.” He said.

“Okay.” I said as I tried to sit up.

He helped me up and fed me because he claimed I was too slow in moving and that it was annoying him.

“Would you be okay on your own?” He asked.

“Yes. It’s late. Go back to your room and get some rest.” I said.

He did not seem convinced.

“I promise you I wouldn’t die and that you’ll still see me tomorrow morning.” I said.

“Who wants to see you. I just…” I cut him off again.

“Yes, I know. You just don’t want me to die here because you don’t want my ghost to be lurking around here forever. My human self is annoying enough.” I completed his sentence for him.

“Glad you know.” He mumbled.

“I wouldn’t die. At least, not here.” I said.

“Tsk~” He rolled his eyes at me before leaving.

I fell asleep shortly after due to the medication as well as exhaustion. I have never felt so tired before. Soccer is a killer game. I wonder why Doojoon love it so much. Oh, right, because he knows how to play it right. J is right. I have totally no idea what was going on. I am just not cut out for sports. It is not my thing. I do not have it in me; the sport cells.

I literally rolled out of bed the next morning. I lie on the floor, groaning as my body ached. I had an internal argument with myself whether I should get up or not, and in the end, I did. I dragged my body to the toilet to wash up before heading to the eating area.

The sight of the food made me nauseous, but I took a bit anyway. I then dragged my feet towards where I usually sit. I was startled when the plate in my hand was taken away. Great way to start my day.

“Please don’t…” I muttered, but froze when I saw who it was.

“Your hand was shaking. So I thought… I’ll help you hold it. Sorry that I did it without warning.” J’s friend said.

“Oh.” I muttered.

“Yea.” He mumbled before walking off with my plate in his hand.

“Thanks.” I said when I got to my table.

“You’re welcome.” He said.

I looked up again when he did not leave.

“Do you… mind if we… sit here?” He asked.

“Huh?” I stared at him and the group of people behind him.

“Is there some sort of party going on here?” J asked as he neared.

“We were just.. asking if Yong… no.. if Junhyung minds if we sat here.” His friend said.

“Oh~” J said as he sat down next to me.

“Technically, I don’t own this place, so you may sit wherever you like. I just hope my presence wouldn’t ruin your appetite.” I said.

“Of course not.” He said with a smile before sitting down in front of me, and then the rest followed.

It was a little awkward at first. It was nothing new to me. Awkwardness was part of me ever since I was born.

“By the way, my name is Hyun Shin. You can call me Shin.” He said.

“Ahh~” I smiled, nodding.

They started introducing themselves to me.

“Erm… I’m Yong Junhyung.” I said, standing up to bow to them. It is a form of habit I guess.

“Sit down before you faint again.” J said, pulling me to sit down.

“I’m not that weak.” I muttered.

“Says the one who cannot even walk straight.” He muttered.

“You should eat more. You look pale.” Shin said as he handed me food from his plate.

“Ahh it’s fine. I.. I’m not very hungry after all.” I said.

“By the time you’re very hungry, it’s too late to eat, because you would have pass out by then.” He said.

“Thanks.” I bowed to him, but sitting down this time.

“Stop bowing to us. I think we’re all perhaps younger than you are.” He said.

“Really?” I asked, surprised.

“What’s with that look? Do we look very old huh?” J asked.

“No, no, no. I.. I’m just.. shocked. Because you guys didn’t act like you were younger than me..” I said.

“Who says!? I always ask for your permission before punching you!” J said.

And just like that, we started talking. They asked me a lot about myself. They were scared to ask about my period at first, but asked anyway in the end. They cringed when I told them how cramps felt like.

“That’s like… getting kicked in the balls ouch..” Shin cringed.

“To be exact, it’s like getting kick in the balls for 24 consecutive hours.” I smiled.

They ‘oww’ in a uniform voice. I stopped talking about it eventually, not wanting to scare them further. Besides, apart from me, I doubt any other man in this world would have a period.

They continued to ask me about my life as a celebrity, how the trainings were and how it felt like being chased by fans all day long. They also told me about themselves and how they ended up here. To my surprise, not everyone knew each other’s story.

As the days passed, we got closer to the point we could tease each other about anything. Surprisingly, I was not their target of teasing, but instead, J was. J, while he looks like a rude fellow on the outside, he was actually very soft and fun to tease. He almost cried once when we turned off the lights and locked him in the toilet while he was showering.

“He’s actually very cute and caring.” Shin said to me.

“I can tell.” I smiled.

“He should not be going through what he went through.” Shin said.

“What did he go through?” I asked, curious.

“You don’t know?” He looked surprised.

I shook my head.

“J… He had a girlfriend, and they had a little boy together. They were planning on getting married. You know how some girls want everything fairytale like and blah~ His fiancé demanded a lot from him. Not everyone is born with a sliver spoon in their mouth. J resorted to illegal ways to get fast money. When he got caught, not only did his fiancé did not understand him or feel bad, she yelled at him for being such a loser. She got herself a rich man after he was locked here. He was obviously heartbroken, but he expected it, he say.” Shin said.

He looked at J who was fooling around with some of the others.

“Then a few months later, he was called out. When he came back, he was just pale and wobbly. He burned with a high fever for three days after that. When he recovered, he never spoke. Until one night, he came knocking on my door, drunk. I asked what happened, and then he spilled it all. That ’s of a husband… he.. he threw J’s son down the apartment because he was crying too much. Is it even human to do something like that? Crying too much? Damn, the boy was what? Three? He was such a cute little boy. I saw him once, and that was the last time. J and his son had a really strong bond. And the worst of all was that the was standing on the ’s side.” He continued, his jaws clenched.

“From that day onwards, I swore I’ll never let J get hurt. So I do whatever he wants me to do, to make him happy. Remember some days where he was just so angry and lash out at you even thou you just walked pass? He just missed his son. And he does whatever he could to make sure he does not get out of here, because he doesn’t want to go face the world, the world that is without his son.” He said.

“ARE YOU CRYING!?” He yelled.

“Huh? No. No.” I muttered, looking away.

“Who’s crying?” A voice asked.

“Hyung, why are you crying?” J asked.

“I’m not.” I mumbled, trying to wipe away my tears.

“Is it Shin? He made you cry? I’ll take revenge for you!!!” J said as he tackled Shin to the ground.

I laughed as I tried break them apart, but I end up being their target.

Loki, Daddy misses you, a lot, a lot. Are you doing fine up there? Have you made any friends? Are you… perhaps friends with J’s son? If you are not, then I hope you will find him and befriend him.

Haneul’s POV

“Hey, you’re here~” My friend greeted me as soon as I entered.

“Hi.” I smiled, handing him a bag of food.

“Again? You don’t have to buy us food every time you come.” He said.

“It’s nothing.” I said.

“Thank you.” He smiled.

I nodded, looking around.

“There.” He said, pointing to the window at the far end.

“How have he been?” I asked, staring at Junhyung who was spacing out.

“You’re finally interested to know? Why don’t you ask him this yourself? You’ve came so many times, but never once you went to greet him.” He said.

I smiled and shook my head.

“He’s getting better. He has improved tremendously. From an angry, violent person to someone everyone likes.” He said.

“Really?” I smiled.

“Yea. When he first came, fights would occur as occasionally as you would eat your meals. I think it was because he had no idea what was going on or how to deal with everything.” He said.

“Why would he fight with people?” I asked.

“He was bullied, Haneul ah~” He said.

I bit my lower lip. Bullied, again?

“He is a celebrity. He is not expected to be here. So when he came, everyone just… decided that it was okay to bully him.” He explained.

“Did he get hurt a lot?” I asked.

“What do you think?” He smiled.

The thought of him being bullied and beaten up, and I am not there to comfort or shield him just aches my heart.

“Initially he would fight back, making things worse. Then, he stopped fighting, and endured all the beating. And one fine day, after a confession session, everyone just felt that Junhyung should be loved.” He said.

“What did he confess?” I asked.

“Everything.” He said.

“Everything?” I asked.

“I can’t tell you. It’s their privacy. You got to ask him.” He said.

I laughed and looked away. I saw Junhyung fooling around with some other guys. It felt good to see him healthy and smiling again.

“He takes part in a lot of activities, and even got others to take part, which was really a big move.” He said, watching Junhyung too.

“So, he’s like their dongsaeng now?” I asked.

“He is mostly their hyung.” He said.

“Thank you for taking care of him.” I said.

“Junhyung may look okay on the outside, but something is missing inside. He’s lonely.” He said.

“No one comes?” I asked.

“Everyone comes. He has the most visitors, but you know who he wants to see the most.” He said.

 “I’ll come back soon.” I smiled, turning to leave.

“We’ll be having a little party next weekend. Everyone is invited. Junhyung volunteered to perform something. Would you come?” He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders and left.

 As much as I want to go up to Junhyung, give him a hug and tell him ‘I’m here’, I could not bring myself to do that, not after what he did to me that day. 

***
tumblrlrlhd3nzco1qc4drw.gif

tumblrlrlhndzogi1qhcimi.gifJunhyung as goal keeper

tumblrlhifsylgpu1qa81cm.gifHyun Shin: Do you… mind if we… sit here?