No Haneul

Our World (Sequel to I'm Different)

Junhyung’s POV

“Why are you sitting here alone?” The person in-charge asked me as he sat down beside me.

“Have you seen me with anyone else before?” I answered.

He laughed and patted my back.

“Here.” He said, handing me a can of Coke.

My eyes lit up at the sight of it. How long has it been since I tasted this can of luxury?

“This…” I muttered.

“What? It’s not forbidden here.” He said, opening the can for me.

“It’s not?” I asked.

“Come on, what sort of place do you think here is?” He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. I giggled to myself as I drank.

“You like it a lot, don’t you?” He asked.

I nodded.

“You can have it all the time. Just ask.” He said.

“Thank you.” I smiled.

“I can see the effort you’re putting in to become a better person, Junhyung.” He said.

“Thanks.” I muttered.

We sat in silence until his phone rang. He mouthed to me that he had to go, and I waved goodbye. And there goes my short-lived happiness with someone who was actually willing to sit down and talk to me.

***
“Oh, look who we have there~” The same bully said as he made his entrance into the library with his gang behind him.

I pretended not to notice him and continued reading my book. He forced me to notice him as he snatched the book I was reading away and threw it aside.

“Pretending that you couldn’t see me? Or pretending that you’re very knowledgeable, therefore reading?” He asked.

“None of that.” I muttered.

“Celebrities like you, all you have is a pretty face and money comes flowing in from those brainless kids. Don’t you find yourself a little pathetic? Taking money from those kids like that? Hmm?” He asked.

“Don’t insult our job.” I hissed.

“Ahh~ Taking money from kids, that’s your job.” He mocked.

I clenched my fists tight. I stood up, wanting to walk away but I was pushed back down.

“Are you angry because I’m insulting you? Isn’t it true that all you do is look good and get money? You don’t have the real substance and you know it. The only thing precious you have is your handsome face. That’s apparently your bread and butter.” He said.

“Do not speak so lowly of us. You know nothing about being a celebrity.” I said.

“Oh, really? I know nothing? Then tell me about it.” He said.

I kept quiet, looking away. I just want to get out of here.

“You’ve nothing to say, right?” He laughed.

I pushed him away and raised my fists at them.

“Why are you treating me like that? In what way have I offended you? I know I was an in the past, I’m sorry. Can’t you see that I’m trying to mind my own business now? Why can’t you just let me be?” I asked.

“I don’t know. Maybe I just can’t stand people like you.” He said.

“I can’t stand you too but I don’t go around picking on you.” I said.

His expression darkened.

“I just want to lead a proper life here. I’m not asking you to like me or anything, all I hope is that you would leave me alone.” I said.

“Just because you’re a celebrity you think you’re very top notch?” He asked.

“Stop the ‘celebrity’ ! Celebrity or not, we are still human like you. We hold a job like everyone does and we worked to the best of our abilities for it. It does not make us any different; our job. We make mistakes and pay the price for it too. That’s why I’m here. I don’t and have never thought that I am someone of a higher level than anyone else because I am not! I’m just a normal person with a bit more recognition than others but I dare say that I have never treated anyone as if they are lower than me, and with that I don’t understand why you have to treat me like that!” I yelled.

“And being recognized is part of our job scope. We work hard to be recognized and not buy our way to getting recognized. So what so wrong about it? It’s like calling someone who has obviously worked his way up to being the CEO of the company a cheater. It’s so insulting and childish on your part. Just because you cannot succeed the way others do does not give you the reason to put someone down with words like that!” I shouted into his face.

He responded with a punch across my cheek.

“I expect nothing lesser than a punch from you, of course.” I said as I wiped off the blood flowing from my nose.

“You can go ahead and insult and throw punches at me all day, but bear in mind that it would not change you a single bit. You would still be who you are now. It does not benefit you in any form to bully me. Perhaps, it does make you feel a little more superior, but that’s all in your head.” I said.

He kicked me in my stomach, sending me crashing against the shelf of books.

“And this is all you can do when you’re angry? Take it out on someone else but yourself?” I asked, earning another punch in my face.

“How does it feel like to be insulted huh? How you are feeling now is exactly how I am feeling now. But I’m able to control myself, unlike you. And it makes me better than you.” I smirked at him.

He threw punches at me like never before. I was shaking and coughing out blood.

“You’re going to kill him. Stop. Stop.” Someone from the gang said as he dragged him away from me.

He gave me a kick in my back before stomping off. I lay in the arms of the fallen books as I breathed deeply. I closed my eyes and pictured myself in the bookstore. Haneul was next to me, caressing my cheek.

‘I’m glad you stood up for yourself.’ She said.

‘I did?’ I responded.

‘Yea. You did. In words, not in fist. I’m glad and so proud of you.’ She said.

‘Hee~’ I smiled.

‘Let’s clean you up. Your blood is staining all the books.’ She said with a slight pout, but broke into a smile quickly.

My tears that sting the cuts on my cheeks forced me back into reality. I opened my eyes reluctantly. No Haneul.

***
“Junhyung. Are you up? Junhyung?” The person outside knocked.

I groaned when I heard the sound.

“Yea…” I muttered.

“Junhyung? Junhyung?” The person outside kept knocking.

I rolled out of bed and dragged myself to the door, opening the door with my eyes closed.

“Oh. You’re still asleep?” He asked.

I half opened my eyes.

“Now I’m up. What is it? Am I late? But isn’t it Sunday?” I asked, rubbing my eyes.

Sunday was the day we could do anything we wanted. No morning drills, no mandatory activities to do or lectures to attend, no lights out. It was purely a day where we decide for ourselves when to wake up, when to eat and what to do. It was a tiny bit of freedom while surrounded by four walls.

“Yes, it’s Sunday, and I’m sorry to wake you up. But someone’s here.” He said.

“Who?” I asked.

“You’ll see when you come out.” He said.

“Is it Seungho hyung?” I asked.

“You’ll see.” He said.

I followed behind him as I tried to stop myself from yawning.

“Junhyung~ Are you very sleepy?” I heard a familiar voice asked.

“Seungho hyung~” I smiled.

“Did we wake you up?” He asked, ruffling my hair.

“We?” I asked.

He nodded and pointed to the back.

“APPA!!!!!!!!” I froze when Ji Eun and Tae Hyun ran towards me, hugging me tightly.

Not only were Seungho hyung, Ji Eun and Tae Hyun here, Jace, the rest of Beast, Minji and Minki were here too.

“All of you…” I muttered.

“Appa! Why are you crying!?” Ji Eun asked with a pout on her face.

“I…” I couldn’t speak.

“Are all of you here because you are lacking of places to go on a Sunday!?” I asked, bawling my eyes out at the sight of them.

They have no idea how much I miss them.

“Aigoo~ Our badass rapper is as silly as ever.” Doojoon said as he pulled me into his embrace.

“Stop crying. So embarrassing.” He said.

"And how can you all come when I'm looking so ugly!?" I yelled.

"It's okay, Junhyung ah~ You were never handsome." He teased.

"YAH!!!" I smacked him while everyone laughed. 

We group hugged, which made me cry even harder.

Everyone was here. But still… No Haneul~

***
tumblrltlja5colp1r21hgk.gif Junhyung yelling at the bully~

tumblrlyk956svrb1ro2mqx.gifJi Eun and Tae Hyun: APPA!!

tumblrm41q2wuaid1qzgc43.gifJunhyung: Are all of you here because you are lacking of places to go on a Sunday!?

tumblrm136mdp0k81qaecdd.gifDoojoon: It's okay, Junhyung ah~ You were never handsome.

tumblrm5ka0d7xsg1ruv6xr.gifJunhyung: ..... No Haneul~