Final Day

Our World (Sequel to I'm Different)

Haneul’s POV

“I’m sorry. Are you very hungry?” I bit my lower lip.

He rolled his eyes at me and turned away, groaning. He did not seem hungry. He was perspiring despite the air condition .

“What happened to you? You were okay just now.” I said, still shocked by his appearance.

His whole body felt like fire and the bed sheets were stained red. I buried my face into my palms. How could I forget his period? He never forgot mine.

“I’m so sorry. I think my music was too loud and I…” I apologized, but realized that it did not help the situation at all.

He shrugged my hands away when I reached out to touch him, his way of saying ‘I’m so disappointed in you’.

I helped him to the toilet to let him clean himself up before going to change the sheets and get him medicine. He protested my help but he did not have much choice. Not like he had strength on his own.

“Here.” I said, putting the straw in his mouth. I mixed the powdered painkiller with glucose as usual.

I laughed when he cringed at the bitterness when he reached the bottom of the cup.

“Sorry.” I apologized when he glared at me.

“Come on. I’m sorry.” I poked him.

He ignored me, but I kept poking him.

“Stop it!” He frowned.

“Aigoo~ Aigoo~ Don’t be angry.” I laughed, cupping his cheeks.

He pouted angrily.

“I’m sorry.” I said, kissing his forehead.

“You seem very happy the fact that I am in a lot of pain.” He said.

“I know I shouldn’t be, but I wouldn’t deny that I am.” I said.

He stared at me.

“I am not happy that you are in pain! But I am happy I get to baby you again.” I said.

He tried to hide his smile, but failed terribly. He lied down, hugging the Donald Duck close to his chest. I rubbed his stomach until he fell asleep. I busied myself with cleaning up the room while sponging him and watching his temperature.

“I found you!” I exclaimed, a little too loudly, when I found Daisy Duck under all that mess. I quickly turned to Junhyung, and fortunately he was still asleep.

“Here you go.” I whispered to him as I put Daisy Duck under his arm, next to Donald.

He opened his eyes, looking at me tiredly.

“Sorry I woke you.” I said, patting his chest lightly.

He shook his head.

“Look who I found.” I said, poking Daisy Duck.

He let out a weak chuckle.

“Are you feeling better?” I asked.

He nodded, his eyes closing.

“Get some more sleep. Does your stomach still hurt?” I asked.

“Just a little.” He said.

“Want more pain killers?” I asked.

He shook his head.

“I’ll just sleep it away.” He said.

“Are you hungry? Want some food?” I asked.

He shook his head.

“Alright then.” I said, smoothing his hair.

“What?” I asked when he kept staring at me.

“I miss being baby-ed by you too.” He said.

We continued to stare at each other, not saying at all, until his face scrunched up in discomfort.

“What’s wrong?” I asked worriedly.

“Nothing. Just… you know… how cramps like to spoil wonderful moments.” He said.

“I know. Such ers, cramps.” I said, rubbing his stomach.

“Well, they are literally ers.” He said.

I laughed and covered his mouth. He looked at me, surprised.

“The best way to get rid of those ers and your fever friend is to sleep.” I said.

I continued to rub his stomach while he slept. When I was certain he was dead asleep, I put him to lie down properly.

“Sleep well.” I whispered, kissing him on his cheek before pasting one of those cooling patch on his forehead.

Just as I was about to leave, he grabbed onto my finger.

“Did I wake you?” I asked, rushing to hush him back to sleep.

He looked at me with half-opened eyes.

“Could you… not leave?” He asked.

I looked at him, not knowing what to say. If I stayed with him in the room, it would mean that I had to leave the door unlock. I know Junhyung was in no state to climb out of bed to get drugs, and I also believe that he was keen in quitting, but I had no idea.

“Please.” He pleaded.

“I…” I muttered.

“It’s okay.” He let go of my hand.

“Good night.” He said, forcing a smile before looking away quickly.

Junhyung’s POV

I really wanted her to sleep with me. I could not bear to sleep alone. I missed having her close to me, and she was like my strength. But I could understand her hesitation too. Staying in this room with me would meant that she could not lock the door or else both of us would be locked inside.

“Make some space for me at least. Tsk~” I heard her say, and then felt her come close to me.

I opened my eyes to see her smiling at me.

“Are you going to let your wife sleep at the edge while you sleep like a starfish in the center of the bed?” She asked.

I laughed and shook my head.

“I’ll sleep at the edge. You can be the starfish.” I said, moving to give her more space.

“Are you calling me brainless now!?” She shouted.

“I did not!!” I defended myself.

“You called me a starfish! Starfishes have no brain!” She said.

“I’m sorry!” I quickly apologized.

“Why are you so cute?” She laughed, pulling me closer to her.

She made herself comfortable in my arms.

“You’re so warm.” She said.

“Is it a good or bad thing?” I asked.

“In this case, it’s bad. Because you’re running a fever.” She said.

“Ouh~ Okay.” I laughed.

“Sleep already.” She said, her voice trailing off.

“Starfishes really have no brains?” I asked.

“Yea.” She mumbled.

“THEN ARE YOU CALLING ME BRAINLESS!?” I yelled, realizing the meaning.

She could not stop laughing.

“Are you faking being unwell? Why are you so energetic?” She asked.

“AND YOU’RE DOUBTING ME NOW!!!” I yelled.

“KEEP QUIET!!!!” She laughed, covering my mouth.

I pouted at her.

“Alright, alright. You’re not brainless. You’re a special starfish. You have a brain. Isn’t that amazing?” She said.

“That’s better.” I smiled.

“But you don’t use it.” She said quietly.

“WHAT!?” I yelled while she kept laughing.

I miss her laughter so much.

***
I woke up the next morning feeling much better, but dizzy perhaps from the lack of food in my body. I stretched my arms, expecting to feel her there, but instead, the side of our bed where she supposedly slept was empty.

“Was I dreaming?” I asked myself as I set up, burying my face in my palms.

“I guess I was.” I sighed.

I looked around the room. The mess was cleared, but it left our room almost empty from furniture. I felt bad. When we first moved in, she spent so much effort in decorating our room, but I destroyed it in a fit of anger.

My eyes caught sight of a note stuck on the window panel. I reached for it and read it.

‘Good morning! Feeling better? Breakfast downstairs. See you~

She had placed her bunny slippers neatly at the foot of the bed, and the door was wide open. I slipped my feet into her slippers, I cannot help but laugh at how stupid the bunny looked, or rather, how silly I looked with those slippers.

So I really was not dreaming about last night.

When I went downstairs, she already had breakfast cooked and was sitting on the chair reading a magazine.

“Lionny~” I called out.

“Hmm~” She responded, still not lowering the magazine.

“Good morning?” I said, feeling a little awkward at her unresponsiveness.

She put both her feet on the dining table and then lower the magazine to look at me. I burst into laughter at her appearance. She had round spectacles on and her slippers were Pororo.

“I’m Pororo.” She said.

“Good morning, Pororo.” I laughed, sitting down in front of her.

“Eat your breakfast, Junroro.” She said, still giggling.

“Are these lens-less?” I asked, poking my finger through the glasses.

“HEY! THAT’S RUDE!” She caught my hand.

“What’s with your silly outlook early in the morning!?” I laughed, taking off her glasses.

“For fun.” She mumbled as she ate.

“And you don’t look any better with the bunny slippers, okay!” She stuck out her tongue at me.

She rested her feet on my lap as we ate. We chatted and poked fun at each other like normal times. How I miss this. We are just missing the kids now.

***
tumblrm8yo7tg0fh1r4s1gd.gifWhen Junhyung saw Haneul's silly outlook.