Let me help you

Our World (Sequel to I'm Different)

Haneul’s POV

“How have you been?” Ahjumma asked as I watched Junhyung play with Ji Eun and Tae Hyun.

“Good~” I smiled.

“Really?” She asked, looking unconvinced.

“Would I lie?” I asked.

She nodded.

“I’m not lying!” I laughed.

“Is he any better?” She asked.

“I don’t know. I can’t tell. Does he look okay?” I asked.

“He looks like the Junhyung I know, but there’s just something missing.” She said.

I shrugged my shoulders and continued watching them.

“Ummaaaaaaaaaa~!!” Tae Hyun ran towards me.

“Aigoo~ Why are you so sweaty?” I asked, wiping the sweat off his forehead.

“Hey, play later! Come for lunch first.” Jace called out.

Junhyung was preoccupied with playing with Ji Eun that he was in his own world.

“Baby boy!! Did you hear me!?” Jace shouted.

I stared at Jace. I was afraid Junhyung would get offended and get violent towards Jace.

“Jace didn’t mean to yell.” I said hurriedly.

“Ahh you didn’t have to shout!” Junhyung pouted.

I let out the breath I had been holding in.

“Appa! Piggyback!” Ji Eun exclaimed, jumping onto Junhyung’s back.

“Aigoo my girl is so heavy~” He said.

“I’m not heavy!!!” Ji Eun pouted.

“Ahh of course you’re not. My girl is light as a feather~” He said.

“Me too!!” Tae Hyun raised his arms.

“Yah! Both of you are gonna break your Daddy’s back!” I shouted.

“It’s fine~” Junhyung smiled. The kind of smile he would always give whenever he was spoiling his kids bad.

I watch him held Ji Eun on his back with one arm while letting Tae Hyun cling onto his other arm. If Loki was here, he would be hugging Junhyung’s leg.

“You okay?” Jace asked, squeezing my arm.

“Yea. I’m good.” I turned away, not wanting him to see my tears.

He walked off without saying anything, but I know he is aware.

“Why are you eyes red?” Junhyung asked when he came to me after settling the kids.

“Are they?” I asked.

He nodded, touching my cheek.

“Dust got in, or something.” I lied.

“Really? What kind of dust?” He asked.

“How would I know?” I answered.

He smiled slightly and kissed me on my cheek, and then did not say anything else.

“When are we going home?” Ji Eun asked.

We were sitting around after lunch, just relaxing and enjoying the silence.

Junhyung looked at me, and then back at Ji Eun.

“Soon.” He smiled.

“I miss you.” Ji Eun pouted, lying on Junhyung’s lap.

“I miss having you around too.” Junhyung said, playing with her hair.

Tae Hyun joined his sister and rested his head onto Junhyung’s other lap. I watch as he pat the two of them gently, hushing them to sleep.

How I miss seeing Junhyung like that~

“Do you want to stay?” I asked after seeing his unwillingness to leave despite the fact the two of them were asleep already.

“Or perhaps, we could bring them home?” I suggested.

He shook his head.

“Junhyung, you’re not a hulk or something, why are you behaving like you would hurt everyone?” I asked.

“I just don’t want to risk.” He said, kissing them on their foreheads.

“Then see a doctor.” I said.

“A doctor can’t cure me.” He said, walking out.

***
Junhyung’s POV

“Lionny~” I called out as soon as I entered the bookstore.

I miss this place so much. We have not had much time alone here ever since we had the kids. It was our bookstore but it was more like it belonged to the part-timers who worked here.

“I’m here!” She yelled.

“What are you doing?” I asked, hugging her from behind.

“Making hot chocolate.” She said.

It felt like last time all over again.

“Why do you have to melt chocolate to make hot chocolate?” I asked, smelling the sweet scent of her perfume.

“It’s thicker and nicer this way.” She said, letting me have a scoop of chocolate.

“Nice?” She asked.

“Indescribable.” I said.

She laughed and elbowed me lightly.

“Minji came by just now. She bought cake.” She said.

“She did? Why didn’t she stay?” I asked.

“Seungho needed her.” She said.

“What kind of needs?” I asked, taking the cake out from the fridge.

“How would I know!?” She shot me a glare.

“Maybe he needed her to shower for him or something.” I said.

“What!?” She frowned at me.

“He hurt himself! That’s why! Aigoo~ What are you thinking!?” I gave her a disgusted look.

“I didn’t know he hurt himself!! Yah!!” She stomped her foot like a little girl.

I laughed at her tantrum and got a spoon thrown at me in return.

“Aigoo~ Are you angry?” I asked.

“No! Go away!” She pouted, pushing me away.

“I’m sorry~ I didn’t mean to tease you~” I said.

“Alright, alright. Go wait outside! I’ll call you when it’s done.” She said.

I kissed her on her cheek before going outside. I flipped through magazines, rearranged the stuff before plopping down onto the couch with nothing to do. I took her laptop from the side and opened the lid.

Anger rose in me when I saw countless unclosed tabs of her searching for a psychiatrist. I slammed the lid of the laptop shut and clenched my fists.

‘Stay calm.’ I thought to myself.

“Junroro!!” She called out.

Why did she have to call out for me at that very moment? I stared at her as she busied herself with cutting up the cake.

“Maybe you want to help me get the…” She froze when she saw me staring at her.

“What’s… wrong?” She asked, putting the knife down.

“You tell me what’s wrong.” I said.

‘Control, Junhyung. Control.’ I tried to psycho myself.

“I…” She glanced passed me and saw the laptop, then she looked back at me.

“I was just trying to help you.” She said.

“I told you, the doctor can’t help me.” I hissed.

“You wouldn’t even try!” She raised her voice.

“I SAID NO!!!!” I pushed her against the stove.

The pot of chocolate she was boiling overturned, scalding her arm. She winced in pain. As thou someone slapped the anger out of me, I came back to my senses. My eyes widened at the sight. What have I done?

“Let me see!” I said, wanting to examine her arm, but she pushed me away.

“I just want to help you! Why wouldn’t you let me help you? I already lost Loki, I don’t want to lose you too!” She fell to the floor, crying hard.

“Let me help you, please!” She hugged my knees, begging me.

I could not hear any of it. All I wanted to do was to examine her arm.

***
tumblrlxdlw0k4kw1r7eekp.gifJunhyung: A doctor can't cure me.