Bloody

Our World (Sequel to I'm Different)

Haneul’s POV

“Junhyung! No! Please! I beg you!” I hugged his legs to prevent him from walking.

“Let go.” He glared.

“I beg you. You can do anything to me. I would not resist. I promise. Just… don’t.” I begged.

He smirked and kicked me in my chest, cutting off my breath for a few seconds.

“If you have nothing to do with him, then why are you so worried?” He asked.

“BECAUSE WE’RE FRIENDS!!!” I cried.

“Friends. Psh~” He rolled his eyes.

I froze when I heard the door being broke open. I froze even more when I heard more than one pair of footsteps.

“HANEUL!! JUNHYUNG!!” Minji yelled.

What is she doing here? Why, of all times, now?

“Wow~ Even the wife is here.” Junhyung smirked.

I shook my head, kneeling in front of him.

“Please.” I pleaded.

“HA… Oh my god.” My eyes met with Minji’s shocked ones.

“Darling, what… OH MY GOSH I DID NOT SEE ANYTHING!” Seungho said, quickly turning over.

I lowered my head in embarrassment.

“WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER!?” I heard Minji yell.

“Why is whatever I do to my wife a problem of yours? You should be worrying about your own husband, idiot.” Junhyung said.

“What?” Minji asked.

“Seungho hyung, why are you pretending to be surprised?” Junhyung asked.

“Stop it.” I begged.

“What are you saying, Junhyung!?” Seungho sounded agitated, his back still facing us.

“Turn over, Seungho hyung. Isn’t this what you want to see all along?” Junhyung asked.

“PLEASE!!!” I grabbed Junhyung’s hand.

I was so embarrassed I could not even look into Minji’s eyes to ask for help.

“Get off me!” Junhyung roared, slapping me across my cheek.

“What the !? JUNHYUNG!!!” Minji shouted.

Seungho turned over, staring at Junhyung.

“Ahh~ So this is what it takes for you to turn over. You’re worried for her, aren’t you?” Junhyung said, pulling me by my hair to look up.

I glared at him, upset at the humiliation he forced me into.

“I hate you.” I mumbled, tears rolling down my cheeks.

He smirked and shrugged his shoulders.

“Junhyung, what has gone into you!? What have you done to Haneul!? Have you gone mad!?” Seungho yelled.

He was trying his best to keep his eyes away from me but it was not exactly possible when Junhyung was at wherever I was.

“Mad? Have I gone mad? Of course I have! AND IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BE SO GREEDY TO WANT MY WIFE WHEN YOU ALREADY HAVE ONE YOURSELF!?” Junhyung yelled angrily.

“What?” Minji asked, staring at Seungho, and then me.

“WHAT NONSENSE ARE YOU SAYING!?” Seungho was angry.

My eyes met Minji’s. She was looking at me, confused. I shook my head at her, and then looked away.

“YOU AND THAT , YOU THINK I WAS REALLY CLUELESS!? HUH!?” Before we knew it, Junhyung was down the stairs, choking Seungho against the wall.

I watch Minji and Seungho exchange glances, and then Minji came running to me.

“Are you okay?” She asked in a hushed voice as she covered me with her jacket.

“Me and Seungho… there’s nothing.” I said, squeezing her hand tightly.

“I know.” She smiled, pushing my hair to the side.

“I’m calling the police.” She mumbled, pulling out her phone.

“No no no no no. Please don’t. If you call the police, Junhyung’s ruined. Please don’t.” I begged.

“He did this to you. Are you dumb or what?” She scolded, trying to be as soft as possible.

“Junhyung is not being himself. Please. I..” I could not find any words to defend him.

“YOU DON’T LIKE ME CALLING YOU YONG JAESOON!? HUH!? WHY!?” We turned our attention to them when we heard Seungho shout.

“Seungho..” I heard Minji call out softly when we both saw how bloody his face is.

We were distracted in our own conversation that we had no idea the two men were fighting.

“Junhyung… Stop.” I muttered.

“JUST DON’T!!!” Junhyung shouted as he pounced onto Seungho, choking him with one hand and punching him without mercy with another.

“SEUNGHO!!!! YOU YONG JUNHYUNG!!!!” Minji shouted.

She got up, wanting to run over, but stopped when Seungho raised his hand to stop her. Seungho flipped over successfully, pinning Junhyung down.

“What is wrong with you!? What have you been doing to yourself!? How is it my lovely dongsaeng has become such a monster!?” Seungho shouted as he punched Junhyung.

I winced, hoping he would stop soon, but then again, perhaps Junhyung needed some beating to wake up.

“What exactly is going on!? Are you not going to tell me!?” Minji raised her voice, looking at me with teary eyes.

“Junhyung… he…” I looked down, unable to get the words out.

“TELL ME, HANEUL! TELL ME SO I CAN HELP YOU! WHAT DID HE DO TO YOU!? WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM!?” She shook my shoulders.

“Junhyung is on drugs.” I said.

Seungho must have heard it too because he stopped punching Junhyung and turned to look at us in shock. Junhyung took the chance to get up.

“JUNHYUNG!! NO!!!” I shouted when I knew what he was going to do.

But it was too late. He picked Seungho up effortlessly and swing him onto the glass table like a rag doll. Minji and I watch in horror as Seungho’s body crashed through the glass, his whole body bloody in an instant.

“ YOU YOU YOU!!!” Minji shouted as she ran down the stairs towards Junhyung.

I did not shout or hold her back. Junhyung deserves this. I just hope she does not kill him. I turned away as she jumped onto Junhyung’s back, wrestling him. I did not want to witness the outcome. In fact, I had a more important thing to do.

Minji’s POV

“HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO SEUNGHO!? HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO HANEUL!? YOU ING MONSTER! YOU HEARTLESS CREATURE!!!!” I shouted as I yanked on his hair and scratched his face blindly with my nails.

He groaned in pain as he tried to swing me off his back, but I held onto him tightly.

“I once looked up to you, but now I just want to kill you. You did everything a person should never do! Hurt his friend, and most importantly, HURT HIS WIFE!!!!” I punched the side of his head.

I let myself off his back and took the chance before he recovers to kick him in his stomach.

“You’re a monster! You’re not Junhyung! What are you doing to yourself!? So many people love and care for you, but what have you done!? If I knew this was going to happen, I would not go all the way to bring Haneul back! I’ll just let you sink into depression and perhaps things would not have turned out this way! I rather see a sad Junhyung than a monster!!” I pinned him onto the floor, putting all my weight on his chest as I choked him.

He looked at me with pleading eyes, his face swollen and red from the lack of air. I should let go or else I would kill him, but something inside me is stopping me. He hurt my Seungho. He hurt Haneul, my best friend.

He coughed weakly, and then raised his hand to grab mine.

“Minji… No…” A weak voice forced out, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I turned to see Seungho looking at me worriedly.

“Let go.” He said with much difficulty.

For some reason, I let go of Junhyung right away. He in a deep breath, and then kept coughing.

Seungho smiled weakly at me, his hand outstretched, gesturing me over. I hurried over to him and held onto his hand gently.

“You’ll be fine. I’m calling the ambulance. You’ll be okay.” I assured him.

“Don’t… call the police.” He choked out.

I stared at him. Why is he saying the same thing as Haneul?

“It’ll… ruin him.” He said.

As much as I wanted to scream at him, I ended up nodding. I hate Junhyung for doing this, but I know he did not mean it, and he don’t deserve to be ruined for one mistake.

I want to cradle Seungho in my arms but I was too afraid to touch him.

“Hold.. me.” He said with a pout.

“I don’t want to hurt you.” I cried.

“Don’t.. cry.” He smiled.

I forced a smile, cupping his cheek lightly.

“Do I look… ugly?” He asked.

I shook my head.

“You’re still very handsome.” I said.

He was covered in blood.

“Don’t lie…” He chuckled.

“Okay, perhaps to others you’ll look like a panda splashed by red syrup but to me you’re very handsome.” I said.

He laughed, a little too hard, because his face twisted in pain.

“Shh shh~ Don’t laugh.” I said.

“Haneul…” He muttered.

“Haneul.” I repeated, feeling the ache in my heart as the image of her beaten up self appeared in my head.

Haneul who was always dressed so nicely and looking good even after a hard day, I never expect to ever see her in that state.

“Haneul and I… we’re just friends.. I..” I shushed Seungho before he could continue.

 “I trust you, idiot. I know.” I assured him.

“And I did not see her body.” He said softly, looking away shyly.

I laughed out loudly. How could he still be so cute despite his condition?

“I know you wanted to see. Man, Haneul’s body is da bomb.” I .

“No no no.” He mumbled, his face turning a dark shade of red, visible on the part of his skin that blood did not stain.

“Alright, alright. I get you.” I smoothed his hair.

“I’m sleepy.” He smiled weakly.

“Seungho! Don’t you dare fall asleep! Come on, talk to me.” I said.

He nodded drowsily.

I could not think straight with my panicky mind. His eyelids were starting to close. Out of fear that he might slip into a coma or something like that if I did not keep him awake, I shook him hard. He cried out in pain.

“Sorry, sorry. I didn’t mean it. Just… I want to talk to you. I.. I..” I had no idea what to say.

 Out of a sudden, I had nothing to talk about with him.

“I’m okay, Minji ah. I just… need a nap.” He said, leaning his cheek against my hand.

“No no! You’re not allowed to nap!” I shouted.

Why is the ambulance taking so long to come?

“Let’s talk about Junhyung! What should we do with this bastard?” I asked.

“Don’t call him a bastard.” He pouted.

“Okay, I’m sorry. What should we do with him, hmm? How can we help him?” I asked.

Seungho turned to look at Junhyung who have either passed out or fallen asleep.

“I don’t know…” He muttered.

I kept on talking to him about random topics. I was desperate to keep him awake. I sighed in relief when I heard the ambulance finally. I planted a kiss on his forehead before letting the medics take him.

“Who else is here?” One of them asked me.

“Haneul! I mean.. a girl. She’s there!” I pointed up the stairs.

“Where?” He asked, looking at me, confused.

“There!” I said, looking at him, and then where I pointed.

“Oh no. Where?” I mumbled as I stared at the empty spot where Haneul was when I left her.

Where did she disappear to?