Over

Our World (Sequel to I'm Different)

Junhyung’s POV

I snapped out of my unconscious self, waking up as I choked on the water that was splashed onto me.

“Slept well?” A voice asked.

I struggled to open my eyes. It took me awhile to adjust to the blinding lights, but still, I had to squint to see who was talking. I wanted to say something, but my head felt like a thousand ton, making it very difficult for me to even move my neck.

I looked across the room to find Ryu held down by two other guys. He was beaten up badly. He looked at me with eyes that scream ‘I’m so sorry’.

“I ASKED YOU A QUESTION!” The man roared into my face as he forced me to look at him.

“Ughh~” I groaned when I felt the ache in my head.

“How dare you groan!?” He shouted as he started kicking me.

“STOP IT!!! HYUNG!!!” I heard Ryu cried.

I could not even shield myself from the blows because I was being tied up. I endured the kicks while looking at Ryu scream and cry. I forced a smile at him and mouthed to him that I was okay, but it made him cry even harder. Stupid, stupid me.

“That’s enough. We want him alive.” Another lower voice said.

“Yes, sir.” And with that, the kicks stopped.

“I apologize for the rough treatment he gave you.” He said, pulling me up and dusting my clothes in a freakishly calm manner.

I recognize him. He is Ryu’s boss. The one who supplied Ryu with the drugs to sell, and I strongly believe the one who ‘bought’ Ryu too. I glared hard at him, but he just smiled at me.

“So, I overheard just now that you would pay to set Ryu free?” He asked.

“How much do you want?” I asked.

“We’ll settle Ryu later. Let’s settle you first.” He said.

“What about me?” I asked.

“You caused me to lost a huge amount of heroin, and then you happily disappeared into rehab. I would have left you alone if not because you came back.” He said.

“YOU PROMISED ME TO LEAVE HYUNG ALONE!!!!” Ryu shouted.

What did he mean?

“Shut up, Ryu. You didn’t even meet your daily quota. I am being very nice to you by still keeping you around.” He said.

“YOU PROMISED ME!!!” Ryu continued to scream and in return got a punch.

“What is he saying?” I asked.

“You don’t remember anything? The drugs you hid for Ryu. Wherever you hid it, it’s now gone.” He said, walking closer to me.

Where did the drugs go to? It was still in Loki’s room before I left. I thought the police took it, but then again they did not call the police. So where is everything?

“The sole reason why you and Ryu are still alive is because your friends are smart enough to not call the police. But those drugs were worth a fortune. How are you going to pay me?” He asked.

“If I paid for the drugs and Ryu, would you leave us all alone?” I asked.

“Negotiating? But can you even afford? You can hold concerts on a daily basis for ten years and still not be able to pay for the drugs lost.” He said.

I gasped. I did not know it was worth so much. It sure was a lot of heroin, but…

“Scared?” He laughed mockingly.

“Let Ryu go. I’ll find a way to pay you for the drugs.” I said.

“Oh, forget the paying for the drugs. Ryu here is already paying for you.” He smiled.

My eyes widened. I stared at Ryu.

“What?” I asked, my question directed at Ryu.

Ryu looked away.

“You may think you are saving Ryu, but in fact it is Ryu who is saving you, and your entire family. Your wife is very beautiful, and your kids are very cute too.” He smirked.

“What did you do!?” My heart started racing at the thought that they might be in danger.

“Nothing. Nothing at all. I am a man of my words. I promised Ryu to not touch them, and I wouldn’t. But you had to come along and play hero.” He said.

I looked at Ryu, totally confused.

“You better thank Ryu. If you manage to get out alive.” He said.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

Ryu was shaking his head frantically.

“If Ryu here wouldn’t tell you, why not ask someone else? You might want to ask your wife where the heroin went to, if you manage to get out alive. But she’s one daring person, I must say. Wait, is it daring or pure stupidity? Shall we call her? Just in case you don’t get out?” He laughed.

Haneul? What did Haneul do?

Before I could say anything, I saw one of his men with my phone in his hand.

“Hello?” Haneul’s voice sounded through the speaker.

I glared hard at him, while he just smiled and gestured me to ask.

“Hello? Junroro?” She called out.

“Ha.. Haneul..” I called out.

“Yea? What’s up? Want me to pick you up?” She asked.

“N.. no. I.. erm..” I stuttered.

“What’s with the stuttering? You okay?” She asked.

The man’s expression darkened. He could tell I was buying time and it was annoying him. He pulled out a pocket knife and pointed it at Ryu.

“NO!” I shouted out in fear.

“What is it? Junhyung! Where are you? What’s going on!?” Haneul yelled. She sure pick things up fast.

“I’m fine! I’m fine! It’s nothing. Yoseob dropped my can of Coke. That’s why I yelled.” I lied.

“Aye~ You silly boy. We have a roomful of Coke at home just for you.” She chuckled.

“Yea. Haa~” I forced a laugh.

‘Ask.’ The man mouthed, his expression ugly.

Ryu was sobbing and shaking his head.

“Lionny… May I ask you something?” I asked.

“Ask.” She said.

“The.. the heroin.. in Loki’s room... Where is it?” I muttered.

She was silent.

“Haneul?” I called out.

“I thought you’ll never ask. Why do you want to know? Is it important? I thought we are planning on starting a new life, Junhyung. Why do you want to go back there?” She asked.

“Please…” I pleaded as I watch the man press the blade into Ryu’s neck.

“I… got rid of it.” She said.

‘Ask how~’ The man mouthed.

“How?” I asked.

“I flushed it down the toilet bowl.” She said.

My eyes widened at her statement. And then he cut off the line.

“She flushed my money down the toilet bowl.” The man said with a smile.

“And Ryu here, sold himself to me, in exchange for the promise that I would not hurt you or your family. But Ryu here did not deliver what he promised even after I did what I promised. Ryu here did not sell the heroin I asked him to sell to people I wanted him to sell to.” He said.

“I’ll be responsible for my wife. Let Ryu go.” I said.

“Junhyung, you know, heroism wouldn’t guarantee your life. Because this is reality.” He said.

“But of course, if you want to play hero, if you want to pay me for everything, I wouldn’t deny you.” He said as he gestured his men forward.

“Usually when people cause me to lose money, I’ll just make them pay, and if they can’t pay, I kill them. But since Ryu here has paid some on your behalf, and you’ve been a nice person, not struggling or shouting or creating a ruckus, I’ll just beat you up a little. I mean, I have to let my anger out, right? I’ll avoid your face. I know that’s how you make money.” He smiled.

Even before I could protest, I was being kicked and punched all over, thrown left and right by those people. I had no idea how long had passed or how badly I was hurt, but I could not even move my finger after they stop. I was being thrown to Ryu’s side.

“Hyung! Hyung!” He cried.

“Don’t… cry~” I managed to choke out.

“What a touching sight~” The man clapped.

I glared hard at him.

“Now, it’s rude to glare.” He said.

“You… had your fun. Let us… go.” I muttered.

“That’s just one debt paid! Well, if you want to go now, you may. But Ryu has to stay.” He said.

I bit down on my jaw.

“Let hyung go! I’ll stay! I promise you! I’ll sell everything! I promise you!” Ryu cried.

“What do… you want?” I asked.

“You sure you want me to say it? If I say it, you’ll have to do it, or else, I’ll kill you right away.” He said.

“No, hyung. No. I beg you. No. Please.” Ryu pleaded. He seemed to know something.

“So?” The man asked.

“Say it.” I said.

“You asked for it.” He smirked.

“NO!!!!!!!!!!” Ryu screamed.

“To let someone I ‘bought’ go, I’ll usually just break his leg and claim three fingers from him. And oh, cut his tongue. You know, it’s only fair for me to make sure that people who betrayed me cannot spill my secrets to another party, right?” He said.

I was not even sure if I was still breathing. It was only until I felt a blow on my left leg did I snap out of my thoughts. The pain was so excruciating to the point no sound came out of my throat even thou I was trying to scream.  

“HYUNG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enough! Please! I beg you!” Ryu cried. He was leaning on me, as thou wanting to shield me.

The man gestured him to be dragged away. Ryu was screaming and struggling.

“I usually don’t do this personally, but for you, I will. I’ll make it quick and less painful for you.” The man smirked as he waved his pocket knife in my face.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!” Ryu was a crying mess as the man forced my mouth opened.

I tried to struggle but I had not much left in me.

“This is the price you have to be for trying to be a hero in the real world, my boy. Heroes don’t belong in reality.” He whispered into my ear.

I squeezed my eyes shut as I felt the cold blade on my tongue. It is over, isn’t it? My career is gone; I will never be able to rap anymore. I can never tell Haneul and the kids that I love them very much. Hopefully I would still be able to kiss them though~ But everything is over, however, I am not regretting. 

***
I promise you this is the last of the tortures he would have to endure. It's over~ 

tumblrinlinemjxvgpl2pg1.gif