Chapter 60

Someday love will be back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fingers of her right hand twisting around her left ring finger, toying with a ring which was given by Jaejoong, when he proposed that night.

He brought her out for dinner, planned it like a usual date, and spent their time as always, till Jaejoong suggested for a late night movie. They bought the ticket and was about to enter, when Jaejoong claimed that he left his phone in the car, so he asked Jihyun to go first.

Jihyun went in the cinema as told, found the seat in the middle and settled down, waited patiently for the movie to start. Turned her head from time to time, she checked on Jaejoong and also took a look at her surrounding, which was filled with couples cuddled against each other. Took a look at her phone, she noticed that Jaejoong seemed to take a longer time as needed. Tapping her fingers on her phone, she texted him when all of a sudden the lights darkened, with the screen showed up. Little did she know, the movie was secondary, the main point was the marriage proposal that Jaejoong prepared.

Jihyun put her phone on silent and shifted her attention on the screen that was showing the trailer of the upcoming movies. It was then she heard a familiar voice which startled her. It was Jaejoong appearing on the big screen.

“Hi, Hyun.” He smiled sheepishly as he sat on the couch. “Did I surprise you?”

As if Jaejoong could see, she nodded as he asked. She was speechless of the sudden event.

“Hm… where should I start? Suddenly I don’t know what to say. I… I knew you won’t be able to remember but it was always on my mind, the first time we met at the garden of your house. That was the most memorable moment in my life as everything changes right from the start when you reached out your hands for me. The board smile of yours melted me, pulled me out from agony and gradually I’m able to open up myself. From then on, I only have eyes on you and so do my heart that yearned for you as day goes by. It was growing in me rapidly. When I saw you lying on the bed motionless with only the vital sign monitor moving that indicated that you’re living, it made me realized the importance of you being alive. I couldn’t imagine life without you. So I’m thankful that you’re with me, and I hope that we’ll stay like this forever. Recently, I dreamt of waking up with you sleeping beside me and you sending me off work just like newlyweds. I wanted to live with you, Hyun. Will you make my dream come true?”

Her vision became blurred from all the tears flowing down. She was touched.

“Omo! That’s so sweet.”

“Who is that woman? I envy her!”

“Oppa, I want this too!”

This created a commotion among the audience with them turning around to look for the lucky woman.

Without warning, the lights of the cinema turned off, with only the small light along the pathway left.

“Are you Han Jihyun-ssi?” Jihyun jumped a bit as the staff approached her.

“Yes, I am,” she said.

He handed a bouquet of rose to her. “This is for you.” Jihyun accepted absent-minded as she hadn’t recovered from the shock. “This way please.” The staff motioned her to the pathway which led to the front stage.

Jihyun was asked to stand at the center, with whispers coming from the audience, while her heart overflowed with nervousness. From nowhere, the spotlight was on her which blinded her for a moment before she noticed Jaejoong who stood beside her with an affectionate gaze.

“Did you hear my words clearly?”

She nodded with tears pooling around her eyes.

“I mean it and so… Hyun, will you marry me?” He went down on his knees, took out a box with a diamond ring and proposed to her.

He stopped breathing as he waited for her answer, the one which would impact his life. Silence filled the place, while eyes on the couple standing under the spotlight, waiting for the woman to reply.

Her mind was in a state of chaos as this would be a big decision she made in her life. She had found back her equilibrium after came clean with Junhyung and decided to end it. Her main focus was Jaejoong and nobody else. He’s the man who she love and would spend her life with and so there was noth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter