Chapter 35

Someday love will be back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

------ Jihyun ------

Upon reaching Cube, I went straight to Hong Sajangnim’s office. I had received call from Beast’s manger in the morning, asking me over to Cube for a meeting with Sajangnim. I knew it’s about the article that released overnight.

As I was about to enter, I stopped as I heard what Sajangnim said. “Junhyung, you do know that she’s a staff of Cube. We found it unacceptable not to say the fans out there.”

I felt a throbbing pain in my heart. Looking at the letter in my hand, I sighed and entered with a firm decision. Junhyung was inside and seated down.

Sajangnim looked up and gestured me to sit down on the couch. “Jihyun-ssi, you’re here. Please take a seat.”

“It’s ok. Hong Sajangnim.” I shook my head and declined politely. My purpose was to put everything in the right place.

“It was a mistake of me,” I said. “I was drunk and wasn’t in a right state of mind so that happened. I’m sorry for my behavior.” I bowed. “And…”

I wasn’t able to look at Junhyung, afraid that I might waver, but still I had to do it. “…and don’t worry we are not in a relationship of what Sajangnim thought. It was merely a mistake.” I felt a thick lump in my throat and a pang in my heart.

“This is my letter of resignation. I’ll take responsibility of my action.” I placed the letter on the table.

“Are you sure, Jihyun-ssi?” Sajangnim raised his brow as if doubting my explanation. “Shouldn’t we listen to Junhyung too?”

“There’s no need to…” I assured him to stop him from probing deeply into. “It’s my fault. I believe someone need to be accountable for or else it wouldn’t stop. So let me be the one since I’m the person who started the trouble.” Bucked up the courage, I glanced at Junhyung. He gazed at me in disbelief. Biting my lips, I tried to control the overwhelming emotions which were exploding.

Locking gaze with him, I could see the pain and betrayal in his eyes. His eyes twitched, lips formed in a thin line. Shaking my head, I was telling him to go with the flow.

Sajangnim glanced at us, as if witnessing out silence exchange. “Are you sure?” He didn’t direct the question to anyone.

I pleaded Junhyung with my eyes. Please just agree with everything I said. He looked away, closed his eyes briefly and conceded. “Ne, Sajangnim,” he replied.

“Alright if that’s the case, we’ll release a statement later.”

 

*************************

 

Pulling my wrist, Junhyung dragged me to the rooftop. His grip was firm and strong, making me no way to run as he wouldn’t budge. Pushing the door, he eyed the surrounding and led me to a corner of the rooftop.

“Why did you do that?” He asked in a low, husky growl. Involuntarily, he tightened his grip; a distinct red mark was formed round my wrist. “Junhyung, you’re hurting me,” I uttered softly. “Let go.” I tried hard to wriggle out of his firm hold, but I stumbled as he pulled me against him. For a moment, I was scared. Dark auras surrounded him as he stared straight at me with his frosted brown orbs.

“Junhyung,” I stammered. I quivered under his scrutiny, not knowing what his next move. “Please Junhyung, let go of me.”

Seeing him having no intention of moving, I yelled at him which took him by surprise. “Please Yong Junhyung!”

Taking this opportunity, I yanked his hand away and took a huge step back, at least an arm length distance. “Why are you doing this to me?”

“I should be the one asking!” He roared. “Why did you do that without discussing with me? Did you really mean it?” His words trailed off at the end. “What exactly are you thinking, Han Jihyun? Care to enlighten me?”

 

I was rushing to Cube in the morning when someone knocked on the door. “What are you doing here?” It was Park Minjung. “I don’t have the time to entertain you.” I shoved her aside as I closed the door behind me. Reaching out for the door, she stopped me from doing so. “Not in a hurry. Let’s talk.”

“What is it, Park Minjung ?” I asked, shooting daggers at her as we stood in the living room.

“You have a nice apartment,” she commented while looking around. “Get straight to the point. I don’t have time for you,” I snapped.

“Is that so?” She smirked. “Take a look at this first,” she handed me a brown paper envelope. Reaching for it, I gazed at it in mild confusion. “Go on. Open it,” she urged.

Emptying the envelope, there were stack of photos. I gasped in disbelief as I glanced through the content of each photo. “You hired someone to follow me?”I asked in disgust. Then I saw the photo which was published. “You’re the one who send the photo to the press?”

“So what if I am? You can’t do anything to me.”

Reaching for her face, I was giving her a slap when she grabbed my wrist and slapped me instead. The photos were scattered on the ground as my hand slipped. Holding the stinging part of my cheek, my eyes flashed with anger and resentment.

She had the victory smile on her face. “Who call the shots? It’s me so get that in mind.”

“Don’t you know you’re putting Junhyung in a knotty situation by doing so?” I hissed.

She shrugged. “If I can’t get the thing I wanted, I would rather destroy than let anyone has it.” My eyes widened at her outrageous statement. “You’re one crazy ,” I said through gritted teeth while glaring at her.

“You better watch your mouth, Han Jihyun,” she warned. “I can send more exciting photos to the press if I want to.”

If she was to do that, she would not appear at my doorstep in early morning. “What exactly do you want?”

“Finally it’s getting through your head that who is in control.” She laughed. “I want you out of Cube. That’s easy.” Clasping her hands, she grinned at me as if she’s pleased to see me suffering.

“Asking me to leave the company?” I frowned. That’s her request, just asking me to res

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter