Chapter 36

Someday love will be back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

------ Junhyung ------

I had been staring at the same part for hours; my mind was elsewhere instead on the music I’m working on. The company had stopped my schedule for time being, giving some time off before I could get back to the stage with the rest.

Official statements were released, stating that it was a reckless act by Jihyun and she had resigned for good to answer for her action. Criticism and rage from fans were directed to her, however I wasn’t in a position to speak out and it also wasn’t wise for the boys to do so. Guilt crept in within me as I looked at those awful comments of her. I should stand by her during this period; instead I said those hurtful words to her out of pique. These days I had been in the studio, basically staying there, to occupy myself with music and through this I had calmed down. I had thought things through, regretting what I said as I didn't want to let her go.

I leaned back on the couch as I rested my head against it and heaved a frustrated sigh.

“Junhyung hyung.”

Someone came in but I didn’t bother to look up as I knew it’s Dongwoon. I felt the couch sank in, indicating that someone sat beside me. For the next few minutes, Doojoon and Yoseob followed on.

“Do you plan to stay here forever?” Doojoon asked.

Sitting up, I grabbed my macbook and resumed my work. “You know what I’m like when I’m working. Staying days in the studio is normal.”

“But I don’t see any progress,” Doojoon glanced at the macbook. I cleared my throat and shifted the screen a little, away from his sight. “Don’t you guys have schedule after this?” I asked trying to divert their attention as I carried on with my work.

“There’s schedule later in the afternoon. We came back to rest before getting on,” Yoseob said.

I nodded my head in respond. “Jihyun… did you manage to get her?” Doojoon asked, with his elbow propped on the back of the couch.

“Hyung, what is it about Jihyun noona?” Dongwoon tilted his head, looking at me in mild confusion.

The rest didn’t know what really happened; only Doojoon and Yoseob knew as I didn’t go into details with them.

“I couldn’t get to-”

“Hyung, look at this!” Dongwoon passed his phone to us, with a tweet from the fans to him.

“What is it?” Doojoon leaned in while glancing at the phone.

I wasn’t interested so I brushed him off and had my eyes back on the macbook.

“No. Look at it. It’s about Jihyun noona,” Dongwoon urged.

I snatched the phone and took a closer look. The tweet wrote ‘Han Jihyun retribution’ with a video link posted. The others gathered around me as they tried to take a look at the video which was played.

Jihyun appeared in the video and was drenched. “I’m right it’s her. Girls, continue.” The high school student who was standing right in front of Jihyun was ordering other girls around.

The girls started to throw eggs and flour on her. “Stop it,” Jihyun begged, using her hand to block those attacks from the high school students.

One of the girl stepped forward and shouted. “You’re a who steal oppa.” Then the rest continued their act and threw insults on Jihyun.

“Who do you think you are to seduce Junhyung oppa. Take a look at yourself first.”

“I couldn’t believe you would stoop so low to gain Oppa’s attention. You’re such a disgust .”

I gripped onto the phone tightly as I watched the scene unfolded before me. A tingle of sorrow swept over me as it’s too painful to watch. She’s receiving such treatment from the girls, just because they were fans of mine, so ultimately it’s all because of me. Spurned by others as if she had committed some unforgiveable crime, and unable to get my understanding just added to her already miserable life.

Like what Doojoon said, he believed that Jihyun had her own reason of doing so and she’s not in wrong as what she did was to protect me. Maybe he’s right; Jihyun was the one sustaining the relationship while I just easily wiped off what she did by breaking up with her and putting those false accusations on her. Jihyun had sacrificed a lot, been understanding towards me and taking in whatever I could give her. I wasn’t able to give her a proper date, strolling out in the public just like what normal couple would do. And I couldn’t accompany her all the time whenever she needed me. Most importantly, our relationship was kept a secret; she wasn’t able to share her happiness with others.

All of a sudden, Junsu appeared in the video, holding Jihyun in time preventing her from falling down. Both of them exchanged words before Junsu yelled at the group of girls.

“What do you think you guys are doing?”

“Oppa, why are you taking side of her? Don’t you know what she did?” One of the girl retorted.

“So what? Didn’t they explain that it was a mistake? She had already resigned so what do you want from her? You guys have gone too far.” All of the time, Junsu kept Jihyun behind him.

“Oppa, she’s a . She’s trying to get near to Beast oppa using her job. She-”

“You better watch what you’re talking,” Junsu warned. “Get out of my sight before I call in the police.”

The protective gesture of him, made me felt ashamed of myself. Junsu was able to stand up for Jihyun and not afraid of the consequences. He doesn’t care about what others might think and I envied that. Maybe I wasn’t angry at Jihyun but myself who couldn’t do anything for her, only could accept whatever she had done for me. I once said to her that I didn’t want my other half to suffer, yet ironically now I’m the cause of Jihyun’s agony. I couldn’t give her the full of me while she gave me everything of her unconditionally.

“Junhyung, if you still love her do something before everything is too late.” Yoseob said.

Before it’s too late? There’s chance of me getting her back? Do I want it? Yes, of course I wanted that but how when everything was so messed up.




------ Jihyun ------

“Oppa, this for you.” I handed Junsu o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter