Chapter 54

Someday love will be back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

------ Jihyun ------

We were at the studio preparing for the photo shoot, the endorsement photo shoot for HJ Fashion by Beast.

Their manager called in, stating that they would like to resume the contract and be the model for our company, which we gladly accepted.

This decision surprised me as I thought the stubborn ever Junhyung wouldn’t give in, but he changed his mind which made me curious who convinced him. I knew it’s definitely not me as he didn’t give me a definite answer. Besides, the reaction of his bugged me.

 

“I had an accident which caused me to lose my memories. Did I happen to forget something or someone? Or should I say it was you to be exact. Were we a couple back then or were we in love? Can you tell me?”

I gazed into his eyes, hoping that I would be able to get something to clear my doubts. He stared at me with an unreadable expression, astonishment flashed through his eyes but soon it turned to be confusion and back to a poker face which hided his emotions. I don’t know. I couldn’t read his mind.

I tightened my grip on his wrist, gazing at him for help. At least enlightened me and not left me hanging in the air. I waited for him to speak. Waited for words to come out from his mouth but there was none.

Instead, he removed my hand, stepped back and looked at me indifferently. “It seems that you’re okay. I’ll make a move then.”

He walked out without giving me a reply. He didn’t answer me directly. Or he refused to?

 

I was startled by a tap on my shoulder, pulling me back to the reality, with a confused Steph looking at me.

“Jane, are you listening?”

“Oh, what is it?” I tucked my hair to the back of the ear, looking at her attentively, acted as if I’m listening to her.

Her lips formed into a thin line, one hand on her hips, while the other holding a coat.

“You’re day dreaming right?” She held the coat up and showed it to me. “I’m asking did you see the pants that match with this.”

“Oh that.” I searched the clothes rack which was behind me and found it misplaced with another set of clothes. “Here,” I handed it to her.

“What were you thinking?” she asked while placing the pants on the hanger together with the coat.

I leaned on the wall, folded my arms and shrugged. “Nothing in particular,” I chose to say.

She hung the clothes on the clothes rack, turned around with her finger pointed at me. “Obviously you’re lying, girl. Why? Had a tiff with Jaejoong?”

“No,” I shook my head.

“Then?”

I cupped her cheeks, squeezed hard between my hands, which made her features squashed into one. “Don’t try to be smart and get on to work.” I chuckled as she struggled to get away.

“You…” she rubbed her cheeks and glared at me.

“Sorry,” I stuck out my tongue as I apologized.

We knew each other through work as colleague of the same department and gradually became friends. She’s mixed blood of Korean and Canadian but she lived in New York. Maybe that’s what made her special, with thinking different from others, and always surprised me with her unexpected actions. What’s more, she’s interested in Korean culture and so she requested to be transfer to here.

“Alright, I’ll forgive you,” she pouted. Soon, her eyes sparkled when she thought of something. “I’m able to meet him again,” she clasped her hands dreamily.

“You mean Dongwoon-ssi?”

“Of course not,” she exclaimed. “That petty arab guy? No way!”

I smiled inwardly as I knew she would be agitated. Not long before, both of them had a misunderstanding, with Dongwoon accidentally spilled cup of coffee on Steph’s heels, which was a limited edition of Jimmy Choo, when they came to the company for meeting. Dongwoon did apologize but because it was a precious collection of hers and so she couldn’t forgive him.

“I think you’re the petty one,” I commented.

“What? Though he couldn’t get me another pair, he should at least compensate. But he didn’t and tried to settle with just an apology. Sorry I don’t accept and so he’s petty,” she insisted. “Anyway, stop talking about him as it ruined my mood.”

“Fine. Whatever.”

“Know what, I did a background checking on them.”

I chuckled in disbelief. “You did that? You’re into him, huh?”

“Not only him. I did a background checking on others too. And I found that Yong Jun… Jun…”

“You mean Junhyung-ssi?”

“Yes. He’s attached and his girlfriend is also an idol from a girl group called Kara.”

“What? He’s attached?”

I couldn’t believe what I heard.

“It’s been one year or two years. I’m not sure.” She carried on after that which I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter