Chapter 71

Someday love will be back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the hard floor surface, broken glass pieces all over with traces of blood dripped down from her hand. Kneeled down, Jaejoong gently clean the wound for her.

“Let it go, will you?” he pled.

It made her crazy just think about it. That was what she planned for years, patiently waited for the right time and now that it was entirely hers, the owner changed. Her efforts went down the drain and left with nothing.

“No… No… I’m going to get it back. I can’t let her have it!” She turned to Jaejoong, grasped his arms and with a shaky voice she said, “We can’t just leave. The company belongs to us. We’ve to fight back. Yes, we must!”

“Omma!” he shouted while he shook her shoulder to knock some sense into her.

“What’s the use of holding on something that doesn’t belong to us in the first place? In the end you got nothing and landed in such pathetic state. Aren’t you tired?”

The warmth that she felt through his palm was something she had lose touch of as he held her cheek in his hand.

“Because I am. I’m really tired and don’t wish to live such life. It’s enough Omma. That’s enough.” His thumb softly caressed her cheek and that was when he realized she aged. When was the last time they had a proper conversation and being close to each other? He couldn’t remember as the moment she decided to go her way, they drifted apart to the extent of being strangers.

“At least Jihyun left the mansion for us in New York. We can start afresh and lead a new life. Just the two of us. I believe we are able to do it. Omma, let’s go back.”

Tears escaped from the corner of her eyes and wet his hand. Money and power blinded her eyes to not value the kinship she had. She had lost a lot over the years but at least this time she gained back her son. His love for her.

“Fine, I’ll listen to you. Let’s go back.”

“Thank you, Omma.” He gave her a faint smile before tending her wound.

After Jaejoong left, Jisung who stood aside spoke up. “Are you sure?” he asked.

“I’m leaving,” she replied.

Jisung raised one of his eyebrows upon hearing her answer as the Seojin he knew wasn’t the kind to give up. Or at least she would return the favour.

“But before that, there’s something I need to do,” she said.

“What is it?” Jisung asked.

Stood up from the couch, her face emerged from the darkness and Jisung could see the smirk she worn on her face. It sent shivers down his spine.

“Will you help me?”

“I’ll do anything for you,” he replied.

“Only I finish her then I’ll leave Korea.”

He drew in his breath with a hiss as he knew who she was referring to.


*********************


“Ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter