Chapter 17

Someday love will be back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

------ Jihyun ------

It was near sunset when I reached Omma’s grave. The area around the grave was clean, seemed like someone came frequently to tidy it. I was puzzled wondering who it was as Appa brought us to New York not long after Omma’s funeral so there shouldn’t be anyone coming here. I placed a bouquet of red tulips, which was Omma’s favorite, and I kneeled down and bowed.

“Omma I came to see you,” I said softly.

The last time I’m here was ten, it was Omma’s funeral. Back then, I refused to follow them to New York but what could I do when I’m just a kid. I studied hard and got into New York Fashion School. Other than studying, I tried to take as many jobs as possible. Efforts paid off as I’m able to stand on my own feet. I didn’t hesitate and left New York for Korea. I couldn’t stand to live in the house and breathe in the same air as them. That face of hers disgusted me and her caring gesture towards me made me even sick.

“I’m sorry I visit so late and I’m also sorry for hating you for all these years. I blame you for not brave enough to live for me and so I refused to come. But I don’t feel that now.” Just like at the rooftop, a gust of wind came and it felt like Omma was answering me. “Omma are you telling me you’ve forgiven me?”

“Your mother will never blame you,” a voice interrupted the moment.

I turned and was faced with a mid aged man. Confusion was written on my face, “Who are you?”

He walked to the grave and placed a bouquet of red tulips softly. “I’m a friend of your mother.”

“Did you come here often? So you’re the one who looked after omma’s grave?” I asked.

He smiled at me, “You’re really beautiful just like your mother.” He avoided my question.

“May I know your name?”

“You’ll know when the time comes,” he turned and walked off leaving me in bewilderment.

I looked at him when he paused, “Your father… do take care of him.”

He dropped the statement out of nowhere. He seemed to know my parents but refused to tell his identity. I don’t really know what he meant by asking me to take care of my father? Did he know something which I don’t?

 

------ Doojoon ------

Coming out from the elevator, I turned to the direction which I’m already familiar with. It’s been days since I’m able to spend time with Jihyun privately, so I decided to give her a surprise visit. We met during work but we won’t be able to interact much due to those eyes staring at us. We broke the news to the members owing to Hyoyeon and Aejong.

The door was ajar leaving me thinking that something happened. When I was about to rush in, I heard laughter coming out from the apartment.

“Unnie, are you and Doojoon oppa a couple?” I recognized the voice, it’s Yoojung.

“Aren’t you a busybody? Why must I tell you?”

“Unnie, sharing is caring and caring is sharing,” I couldn’t help but laugh at what Yoojung said.

“What logic was that?” Jihyun said.

“Aish that’s not important. Unnie, how’s Doojoon oppa like?” Yoojung asked.

Honestly I was anticipating Jihyun’s answer as to how she felt about me and we have bee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter