Chapter 2

Someday love will be back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

------ Junhyung ------

Before I could make a move to her, the person who I most wanted to avoid called out for me.

“Junhyung oppa!”

Within seconds, Minjung was by my side holding my arm with a huge smile on her face. “Junhyung oppa you’re finally back from Japan. Are you guys going for lunch now? Let’s go together,” she did not wait for my reply and pulled me away but I stopped her immediately.

“Minjung-ssi, the rest are with me,” I tried to let her understand while withdrawing my hand from her grip.

“It’s fine we can go with the rest. That’s not a prob…”

I cut her off and pointed to the direction where Hyoyeon they were standing. I knew they were not in good terms and therefore it’s impossible to have them together for lunch. We just came back from Japan and what we wished for was just a peaceful meal but with Minjung here this little wish seems not possible.

“We’re going with Hyoyeon and her team mates,” I lied while sending signal to the rest asking them to cooperate. “I don’t think you would like to tag along right?” her smile instantly dropped and from that expression I knew the plan went well.
 

However, her reply made me gaped in disbelief. “Well I’m in a good mood to see oppa returning so asking a few more people along is alright. If that’s what oppa wants and by the way we could’ve a welcome lunch for Jihyun-ssi right?”

Her last statement made me raised my eyebrows as when Minjung was acting friendly towards people not to say the people from Hyoyeon’s team. Jihyun scoffed at Minjung’s words while looking at her with an amusement expression. I exhaled that was not what I expected or how the plan should work. From the side, I could see Dongwoon chuckled and the rest were trying to hold their laughter by turning their face around.

With no other choice, all of us went to the nearby Korean restaurant to settle our lunch. We got to have a private room for ourselves. As usual Minjung choose to sit beside me which irritated me. After a short while food were served, the guys can’t wait to dig in and nobody tried to start a conversion till Doojoon voiced out.

 

------ Doojoon ------

“Jihyun-ssi, is the food alright for you?” I asked as I noticed that she barely touch the food. “If you don’t like the food, you can always order others.”

“Jihyun you can try ordering other food, don't worry is our treat so eat as much as you wants,” Aejong said.

“The food is delicious, really. It’s just that I’m still not used to it,” Jihyun tried to assure us.

“Well you’re welcome to get out of here instantly to find other restaurants which suit your appetite,” Minjung shot Jihyun a look and raised her eyebrow with an evil smile planted on her face.

On the other hand, Jihyun seems not offended at all. Aejong tried to retort but was stopped by Jihyun who held her hand underneath the table. She just carried on with her Kimchi stew nonchalantly as if she didn’t hear what Minjung said.
 

“Jihyun noona, didn’t we have this kind of food since young? Why you can’t get used to the food? Are you’re not Korean? But it’s impossible you look like one. Then where’re you from?” Yoseob asked a few questions in a row without stopping.

“Hyung, you didn’t give time for Jihyun noona to digest your question. Do you think she get what you mean,” Dongwoon nagged at Yoseob.

I rolled my eyes while the bickering between the real maknae and the visual maknae started again. It’s their daily routine and both behaved just like children trying to fight for candies.

“I’m from New York and I’ve been living there since ten so it’s been quite awhile having Korean food after I’m gone for all these years,” Jihyun calmly answered to all Yoseob’s questions.

“Oh if that so then why you’re back to Korea? Doesn’t all your family staying in New York? Don’t they get worry for you?” Kikwang asked.

“For some reason,” Jihyun just shrugged her shoulder and avoided the latter question and for a moment I saw sadness in her eyes.
 

“Noona, how long have you been in Korea? Then what you do in New York back then?” Yoseob asked again.

“I’m just back for weeks and found this job offering so well here I am. Back in New York, I worked as an assistant for some local fashion designer while studying in New York Fashion School.”

“New York Fashion School! That’s a well known fashion school so I suppose that you’re really good in that area,” I was surprised to hear that and before Jihyun could reply Minjung cut in.

“New York Fashion School, are you sure Jihyun-ssi?” Minjung asked in a mocking tone. “If you’re advancing so well in New York, why would you bother to come to Korea? You seem to be no problem being an assistant of local well known fashion designer with you recognition from New York Fashion School. But why you didn’t do that? Did you make up all these?”

I knew that Minjung would not survive a day without criticizing on people. However what Minjung stated made sense and I wonder why too. Why Jihyun would give up such good opportunity if she graduated from New York Fashion School, not to stay in New York rather come back to Korea.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter