Chapter 20

Someday love will be back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

------ Doojoon ------

Finally it’s the day for the concert; we woke up early to prepare ourselves as we went off to the concert venue, Seoul Olympic Stadium. We set off straight from the dorm, in the car was dead silence as all were either sleeping or doing their own things. I’m no exception as I’m catching up with my sleep that I missed. Last night we stayed at the dance studio till almost dawn to do a last minute practice and finalize the things to ensure perfection. We only managed to get a few hours sleep before setting off.

No matter how I wanted to get a sleep, I couldn’t as my mind was filled with the concert and Jihyun. I felt sorry for treating Jihyun that way at the rooftop because I’m feeling insecure about the decision as I felt that I’m losing her. I’m not ignorance to the feelings of Junhyung had for Jihyun. He got himself drunk for a few times when we broke the news. It hurt to see him in this state but still I couldn’t sacrifice my love for him. I’m sensitive towards him which in turn caused our relationship to be soured. As a leader I should be magnanimous, able to forgive and forget but Jihyun I can’t, I couldn’t give in.

 

Getting our mic ready, we started our rehearsal. First the members stood under the stage and got a feel how it was to be raised up by the stage lifts. The speed was incredible fast, lifting us up high and requested us to land stunningly which was difficult. One by one went up and when it was my turn I failed and was asked to try again. Ensuring it was fine for everyone, we tried as a group. Next it’s the song Easy; we went up using the stage lifts with standing mic so as to test whether it’s okay. This time there seemed to be problem with my mic, so I requested to turn the volume a little louder in order to balance with the background music.

After that it’s the opening song Special and Soom. Yoseob was able to hit the long and high note for Soom which was excellent, proved that he was in a good condition. As the song reached ending, we walked to the outer stage where we would be for the introduction of the concert. After which our debut song bad girl and mystery followed on, and Junhyung and Yoseob would went off the stage to prepare for their part. We waited at the side as they rehearsed their duet song, Thanks to.

The rehearsal lasted for hours before a video was played at the end. The video clip would be showed during the concert, and by watching that countless memories came rushing back. Junhyung, he’s a friend and brother to me and now as a family since the group formed. Not only Junhyung the other members as well, as we went through many obstacles, encouraging and supporting each other, the bond we had was no joke.

 

Getting to the backstage, I rushed to Junhyung side and grabbed his shoulders. “Good job brother,” I grinned at him. He was shocked by my friendly manner towards him. “Wae?! What’s wrong with thanking my member?” I looked at them as they all stared at me in disbelief.

“Hyung, are you sick or you’re not in the right state of mind?” Dongwoon reached over for my forehead but I smacked his hand away. “If that so how I’m able to complete the rehearsal,” I rolled my eyes.

“Seem like someone has come round,” Hyunseung smirked.

I gave an awkward cough, “Well… I’m sorry for how I behave recently and created such… uneasy atmosphere in our group.” I looked at Junhyung, “And… sorry for that punch… well you can get back now… if you want.”

“Omo hyung are you serious,” Kikwang said.

“Junhyung don’t waste it, give it to him hard and firm,” Hyunseung urged him to do it. I shot daggers to him upon hearing this, “Oh glaring at me so you don’t mean what you say.”

“Ani!” I hurriedly clarify. “Aish just do it Junhyung.”

“That’s what you say don’t regret,” Junhyung smirked and got close to me with his fist in mid air.

Instead a punch on the face, I got a light hit on the chest. “Tonight the concert do you think I would leave bruise on your face. And… it’s nothing I’ve forgotten about it.”

I shrugged, “Whatever you say… and you’re the one who gave up the chance so don’t come back and ask for it.”

“Hyung you’re really narrow-minded,” Dongwoon said.

“That’s his character you still don’t get it. Being petty and get his sweet little revenge from the members time to time,” Hyunseung said nonchalantly as if it’s not a surprise.

“You’re right that’s Doojoon hyung,” Dongwoon nodded his head and agreed with Hyunseung.

“Yah Son Dongwoon!”

Dongwoon hid behind Yoseob for support, “Not only me the other members also have the same opinion, right?”

“Yah enough,” Junhyung said. He’s like the second leader of the group, always there to stop our endless and needless argument.

“Let’s put aside everything and enjoy the night of ours with beauty,” I said. With a smile on our face, we went to the backstage.

 

In the waiting room, the staff were moving around preparing. Kikwang and Dongwoon were as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter