Chapter 55

Someday love will be back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

------ Junhyung ------

“I had an accident which caused me to lose my memories. Did I happen to forget something or someone? Or should I say it was you to be exact. Were we a couple back then or were we in love? Can you tell me?”

So that’s the reason why she’s behaving this way. She had forgotten the memories of us, just like what I did two years ago, erased her completely from my life, even though I’m unable to do it till now.

She was waiting for me to help her with the missing puzzle of her life, her past life. But what could I do?

Judging from the photo in her room, she had moved on with another guy and likewise for me with Hara. Besides, I was confused of the whole situation, so I needed time to sort out.

Released myself from her grip, I took a step back. “It seems that you’re okay. I’ll make a move then,” I chose to say.

Stepped out, I headed for the elevator, pressed the button for ground floor, and took out my phone. I scrolled the contact list and dialled the number. The line was picked up at the third ring.

“Seungho, are you free now?”

I didn’t want to go back.

“Alright, see you in awhile.”

With that, I ended the call and headed for his restaurant.


*************************


“Soju and beer. I think it’s enough to last for the night.” He took out from the fridge, placed it on the table and sat opposite of me.

He leaned back, with his arm draped over the chair, gazed at me and waited. “So what is it this time? Hara-ssi?”

I took the bottle of soju, opened it and gulped down a mouthful of it.

“Hey, slow down bro.” He tried to stop me but I snatched the bottle of soju away.

“Okay so what happened between you and Hara? Something serious huh?”

“Not her.”

“Then who? Your members? Work? Or the com…”

“Jihyun.”

“Who? Jihyun?”

“I met her,” I said as I took another mouthful of soju.

It was burning down my throat, giving me the slow torture sensation, just like my heart.

“Where?”

“In New York when we went for music video shooting. She was with her child.”

“Wow, that’s…” he was speechless. “So… she was with that guy?”

Seungho was the only one who knew the reason behind our breakup. I told him and we talked about it.

Propped my elbows up on the table, I rested my head on it as I drank up the bottle of soju. “No, I didn’t see him around. I don’t think they are together.”

“Why the sudden change?” he raised an eyebrow as he asked.

“I met her in Korea. In fact, I just came from her apartment awhile ago.”

“And?” he urged me to continue.

“She told me that she encountered an accident and lost her memories, so that’s why she can’t remember me. And she already have someone but it’s not Junsu. I don’t know what I’ve missed out on. There seems to be something wrong.”

“That’s weird.” He tilted his head as he frowned. “Talking about Jihyun-ssi, it reminds me of one thing.” He stood up, walked to the counter and came back with an envelope in his hand.

“She left behind that night when two of you were supposed to meet here,” he explained. “I should give it to you earlier but I moved house and so I can’t remember where I put.” He handed me the envelope. “Till recently I found it when I’m tidying up my room.”

“What is it?”

“No idea,” he shrugged. “I never open up to see the content.”

Without hesitation, I opened the envelope as curiosity aroused, and what I found was a black and white photo with a small white dot on it. It looked like an ultrasound scan. Realization hit me, knowing that it was the photo of a baby, their baby. I scoffed at how truth could be so cruel, reminded me once more, opened up the wound and stung me bitterly.

“What is it?” Seungho asked.

“Nothing important.”

Chucked aside, I opened up the second bottle of soju, pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter