Chapter 28

Someday love will be back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

------ Jihyun ------

Omonim and Abonim was nice people to mix with. Omonim was amiable and broad minded and surprisingly I got close to her really quick. While Abonim was more of a cool-headed person that able to manage Omonim if she got too excited so both were sort of a balance for each other. Both of them were approachable and I glad that I met them. The sense of oppression was gone and replaced by warmth as they showered me with love and kindness which was irreplaceable.

“Jihyun,” Omonim called out as she entered the room.

“Did I disturb you?” she asked.

“Aniyo. It’s alright,” I set my stuff aside as I smiled warmly at her.

She came over and took a seat beside me. “How’s dinner?”

“It was delicious,” I gave a thumb up. “There’s a lot I’ve to learn from Omonim.”

“Aigoo I’m feeling shy,” Omonim fanned herself as she said.

I laughed at her action as Junhuyng would do the same when he’s shy. “Aniyo. It’s true I love your cooking. I think I’ll miss it when I’m back to Seoul.”

She took my hands and cupped it, “You can come anytime you want and I’ll cook for you.”

I was touched by that, “Komawoyo Omonim.”

“Jihyun ah I really like you.”

“Omonim…”

“You’re the first girl that Junhyung brought home. Though he had relationship in the past, never once did he bring them home for us.” She patted my head, “I can see he really loves you. By the way he looked at you with tenderness and affection it was enough to prove that. And I glad that the person is you.”

Tears were pooling around my eyes and threatening to fall as I was moved by her words. It was like talking to my own mother, the feeling that I really missed after she was gone.

“Omonim can I hug you?” I asked.

She was surprised at first but she grinned and spread out her arms, “Of course sweetheart.”

I felt her loving embrace as I recalled the comforting warmth from Omma. It was the same and slowly tears rolled down as I couldn’t control.

“Sweetheart are you crying?” Omonim my back to calm me down as she heard me sobbing. “What’s wrong? Did Junhyung bully you?”

I held her tightly as I heard her caring words. I shook my head, “No it’s not Junhyung… it’s just that…”

I broke from the hug and lowered my gaze, “I just thought of Omma.”

“Silly if you miss her just visits her.”

“She’s dead. I couldn’t feel her anymore,” more tears were falling down.

“Jihyun look at me,” I raised my head as she urged.

Omonim wiped the tears with her thumb, “I’m sorry that I didn’t know that.” She gave me a sweet smile, “But you can always come to me when you’ve problem. I’ll treat you like my own daughter and take care of you on behalf of your late mother.”

“Komawoyo Omonim.”

“Stop saying thank you silly girl. I always love to have a daughter but unfortunately I got two sons who doesn’t appreciate my love,” Omonim pursed her lips which made me chuckled.

“That’s because you always over-reacted,” I looked over and saw Junhyung was standing at the doorway.

 

------ Junhyung ------

I was in the kitchen cutting the fruits as Omma instructed. Once I was done I took the plate out and looked around to know that Omma was nowhere to be found.

“Where’s Omma?” I asked casually.

“I saw her went upstairs,” Appa answered while eating the fruit and not leaving his eyes off the television.

I went up and saw that the door of Jihyun’s room was left ajar.

“Omonim can I hug you?” I heard Jihyun asked.

“Of course sweetheart,” Jihyun hugged her as Omma spread her arms.

There something wrong with Jihyun as I heard her sobbing. “Sweetheart are you crying?” Omma asked her as she her back. “What’s wrong? Did Junhyung bully you?” I was getting worried was it because of me?

“No it’s not Junhyung… it’s just that…” I felt relief but at the same time I was curious as to why she’s crying.

She dropped her gaze, “I just thought of Omma.”

“Silly if you miss her just visits her.”

“She’s dead. I couldn’t feel her anymore.” I was shocked as I didn’t know that. Tears were falling down and my heart arched to see her like this.

There was a little silence before Omma said, “Jihyun look at me.”

Jihyun looked up and Omma reached for her face and wiped the tears off with her thumb, “I’m sorry that I didn’t know that.”

“But you can always come to me when you’ve problem. I’ll treat you like my own daughter and take care of you on behalf of your late mother,” Omma comforted her with a smile.

“Komawoyo Om

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter