Chapter 49

Someday love will be back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

------ Jihyun ------

Standing at the arrival hall of Incheon airport, I felt a sense of familiarity and involuntarily my heart skipped a beat upon stepping on the ground of Korea.

“Jihyun,” I saw someone familiar waving at me once I stepped out of the exit.

“Jimin unnie,” I called out to her.

Catching Yoosuk’s attention, he turned towards Jimin with his mouth curled into a pleasant smile. I was having Yoosuk on the left while the luggage on the right. Rushing towards us, Jimin took Yoosuk into her arms as she couldn’t waste any minutes separated from her son.

“Yoosuk my baby boy. Omma’s here.” She embraced Yoosuk tightly, afraid that he might disappear anytime. “Omma missed you so much.”

“Omma,” Yoosuk murmured, having his hands on her mother’s cheeks and caressing it softly.

“Where’s Yoochun oppa?” I asked, searching for his presence.

“He’s waiting for us in the car. We didn’t manage to get a parking lot.” Knowing how sweet Jimin was, I pulled the luggage by my side when she reached for it.

“I can manage on my own,” I assured her, not letting her to help. “It’s just a luggage.” Not giving up, she was about to voice out when I simply interlocked arms with her and dragged her away.

“Let’s go and don’t waste time on this,” I said, taking her to a direction without looking at the signboard. “Or else Yoochun oppa will be waiting.”

“Jihyun.”

I was pulled back by her with such great force that made me staggered on my own feet. “Oh my,” I squeaked out loud.

“You’re taking us to the wrong way.” Jimin shook her head and laughed.

“Wrong way?” I frowned as I took a look at the surrounding and looked up with the signboard stating it was the way to city bus. I let out an awkward laugh while Jimin sniggered at my mistake.

She turned to the right side and pointed at the lift located at the far end. “That’s the way that we’re supposed to go.”

I cursed inwardly for being muddled and made a fool of myself. “Sorry, I was so…”

“It’s okay. Come let’s go.”


*************************


Reaching the basement, Yoochun got off from the car and strode towards us. “Yoosuk ah,” he called out for his son while clapping his hands to get his attention.

“Yoosuk, who’s calling you?” Jimin said softly against his ear.

Yoosuk had his eyes widened looking at Yoochun and blinked a few times in happiness. “Appa,” he shrieked with excitement.

Giving him a light pinch on the cheek, he reached for Yoosuk and showered him with love by kissing all over his face. Jimin laughed along seeing her husband and son having a good time while I was standing at the side looking at them with envious.

Clearing my throat, I attempted to let them know of my presence but they were too into their own world, treating me like air. “Hello, anyone there?” I said, wryly.

“Oppa,” Jimin hit Yoochun’s arm to get his attention. “Jihyun’s here,” she reminded him.

“Oh you’re here, Hyun.” Finally he noticed me. “Yes, I’m here. Or else, where am I supposed to be?” I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

“Well you know we haven’t seen him for a long time. We missed him a lot and he’s too adorable that I’m able to put everything aside. Besides…”

“Save your explanation,” I pulled a hand out to prevent him from going on and on. I turned to Jimin. “Unnie, how can you endure such a naggy husband?”

“Yah how can you…”

I went forward and covered his mouth which muffled his words. Irritation was shown on my face as I shook my head. “Oppa,” I said, putting a finger on my lips, indicating him to be quiet.

Instead of helping, Jimin took Yoosuk away and went to the car, leaving me and Yoochun behind. “Serve you right,” Jimin stuck her tongue out at him before getting in and not forgetting to send me a playful wink.

I chuckled at the sight of that while Yoochun was glaring at me. Getting my hand off, I wiped his saliva on his sleeve with a face of distaste. “Oh my,” I rolled my eyes and followed Jimin’s footsteps.

“What’s wrong with you women?” he murmured.

I did a high-five with Jimin when I got into the back seat with Yoosuk in between us. “Komawo,” she mouthed to me while Yoochun got into the driver seat right after me.

“So where are we going?” I asked.

“We’ll be taking you to the place where you will be staying during your days in Korea,” Jimin explained.

“I’m not staying with you guys?” I asked, confused.

“Do you have to be the bright light bulb to light up our marriage life?” Yoochun said mockingly as he looked at me through the rear view mirror while he was driving.

“Why not?” I retorted. “Jimin unnie, you won’t leave me alone right?” With a pitiful look, I gazed at Jimin for help.

“Of course not,” she replied.

“Yeobo, didn’t we agree on that?” he sounded as if Jimin stabbed him in the back.

“Omma,” Yoosuk called out for me.

“What is it, baby boy?” I lifted him up and sat on my lap with my arms surrounding him.

“You see even Yoosuk forget who his parent is,” he grumbled. Jimin was glaring at him secretly and I was amazed by that. Usually Jimin would a sweet mother and wife but this was not what I witnessed.

“What’s wrong with that?” I shot back. “I’m his godmother and that considered me as half of his mother,” I reasoned. “Right, Jimin unnie?”

“To him, Yoosuk is the top priority.” I could sense bitterness in her words. “He’s his whole world,” she said, with pursed lips.

“Yeobo,” he cooed, knowing that she was upset. Okay getting involved in their marriage life was really not a good choice. Somehow I felt relieved that I’m not going to stay with them.

“Jimin unnie, how’s Auntie?” I asked, trying to ease the tension in the car.

“She’s recovering well after the operation but still we have to be by her side to assist her,” she said.

Few months ago, Yoochun and Jimin went to Korea and left Yoosuk with me as Jimin’s mother was sick. It was a huge blow to Jimin but I glad that she’s alright now.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter