Chapter 48

Someday love will be back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

------ Jihyun ------

“Amy, I’ll do it. Go have dinner while I feed Yoosuk,” I approached them while persuaded her to let me take over but she insisted that it’s part of her job, and I should have dinner with Jaejoong instead.

“I’ll be leaving early later, is that okay?” she asked.

“Early? You’re going out?” I asked with curiosity aroused. Amy was around my age but so far she didn’t get any date and that’s a miracle as she’s pretty.

She grinned bashfully and had her eyes on the ground. Wanting to , I went further. “Meeting up with guys? Who is it? Care to introduce?”

“I’ll look after Yoosuk till you guys have finish dinner,” she stammered, trying to change the topic. “Just inform me and that will do.”

Biting my lips, I tried to control my expression as not to make her embarrassed. “Fine, I’ll do as you said.”

The aroma of Ginseng chicken soup filled the place when I reached the dining table, making my stomach rumbling with hunger.

“It looks delicious,” I said as I bended down to take in the appetizing fragrance.

“Where’s Amy?” Jaejoong asked.

“Oh she doesn’t want to have dinner with us.” I was so into the chicken soup to not notice Jaejoong’s puzzlement.

“Doesn’t want to?”

Scooping the soup with the spoon, I took a sip while nodding my head. “She’s having a date.”

“A date?”

I glanced up at Jaejoong and his expression mirrored mine awhile ago. “Surprise right? I was too when I heard it but I was happy for her. Finally she’s out for a date.”

He snorted, “Always so into other people’s business.”

“Whatever.” Ignoring him, I took a seat and started to dig in.

“Oh right,” I picked a few side dishes into my bowl as I caught his attention. “Regarding expanding the market in Korea…” my voice trailed off as I tried to read his expression. His face creased into furrows of displease as he placed the utensils down.

“I thought I’ve told you that Yeonhee is in-charge of the whole project? You don’t have to worry at all.”

“I know but that’s not what I’m asking for. You understand, don’t you?” I shot back not wanting to give up.

“Hyun, let’s not start this unnecessary argument again. Can we?” he pleaded. “I don’t want to spoil the day.”

Me neither but I got to fight for what I wanted. Not long before, the project of expanding our business to Korea was launched as there were investors who were interested in our brand. I was exhilarated upon knowing and asked to be in the team as I felt it would be an opportunity to explode to new things. However, my request was rebuffed by Jaejoong. And the reason he gave was that I’m inexperienced as compared to Yeonhee who has been working with him for years. Of course I knew in all aspects, I’m not as capable as Yeonhee but it’s not like I’m in for the main position. I only asked to be in the design team as a designer. That’s simple but he couldn’t grant me. That’s frustrating.

Ever since Appa passed away, Jaejoong was appointed as the CEO, overseeing the operation of the company. I’m not complaining as this was stated in Appa’s will and the company was advancing well under his guidance which proved his capability. He’s the decision maker and I didn’t have a say in anything, particularly this. No matter what I didn’t want to give up and so I came out with a plan.

“Fine I’ll drop this but we’re still going to Korea.”

“Hyun, you…”

“We’re going there for the sake of Junsu oppa.”

“Junsu?”

“He’s having a musical so I thought of giving him a surprise to show our support for him,” I said, knowing that it’s a chance. “And I really wish to watch his musical.”

He was pondering over and so I added on. “Besides, Yoochun oppa and Jimin unnie are in Korea right now. We can bring Yoosuk along as they must have missed him a lot.”

I tried harder to persuade him. “Oppa, take it as a break from work and…” I pointed to both of us, “…a vacation for us.”

He gazed at me still unsure of my intention. “Is that your real intention or you’re thinking otherwise?”

Indeed, he’s not someone to fool with but I’m not someone who capitulated easily. “If you don’t believe me then it’s alright to cancel the trip.” I shrugged as I said sarcastically. “I won’t bring it up again.” With that, I buried into eating and ignored him.

Silence crept in between us, leaving him uneasy and in the end he gave in. “Fine we’re going.”

Hearing that, I smiled inwardly but tried not to show it on the outside. “I thought you don’t want to?”

He heaved a sigh. “I don’t want to upset you and it’s not something beyond measure. Except that, I’m fine with everything.”

All of a sudden, I felt guilty and apologetic to him that I’m lying when he’s sincere and sweet to me. Standing up, I planted a kiss on his cheek. “Komawo, Jaejooong oppa.”

Tucking my hair behind my ear, he tapped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter