Chapter 70

Someday love will be back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Standing by the full length glass window, Jihyun looked down the picturesque view of Seoul when someone entered the office.

“Hyun…”

She didn’t need to turn around to know who it was as hearing from him was enough to seethe with indignation. From his footsteps, she could sense that he was advancing towards her, and the moment his hand came in contact with her skin, she couldn’t help but threw off his hand and gave him a death glare.

He stared at the hand she rejected, registering the fact that she loathed him which was killing him inside. It was as if he was given a tight slap on his face. He attempted to say something but he knew there was nothing. No matter how good he phrased his words, it was all in vain.

“What are you here for?” she asked, eyes filled with emotions which he couldn’t read.

“To explain and apologise,” he said.

“Explain?” she scoffed. “To explain how your mother simply casted Appa aside when he begged her while I stood there and watched how he suffer before his last breath? Or how she pushed me down the stairs and induced miscarriage? Or even further back where she was the cause of Omma’s death!” Tears filled her eyes, letting it rolled down as she let out a sort of bitter chuckle. “After what happened, do you think just an apology would do justice for us!”

“What… what do you mean by Omma was the cause of Auntie Han’s death?”

“Why not ask her as she will be able to provide you with more details than me?” Jihyun said through gritted teeth. “Don’t play innocent with me, Kim Jaejoong. It’s over for the both of you. You guys won’t be able to get anything from Han’s.”

“I never thought of getting anything from the family. If I’m given the chance, that will be you. You are the one I wanted. The only person I desired.”

“The irony situation was that you loved me but you did things which hurt me deeply. Why… why didn’t you stop her but be her accomplice?!”

The crack of skin contacting skin echoed off the walls as she channeled her anger and resentment into action. She could feel the aftereffect on her bright red palm with the same red mark that matched on his face.

“Is it painful?” she asked, fists clenched together. “Well I don’t think so. This was just an appetizer as compared to what I’m feeling.”

Jaejoong gazed into her eyes, searching for any sign of bittersweet longing but there was none. All he could see was hatred and betrayal.

“When did you get back your memories?”

“Does it matter?”

Even their relationship fell apart, Jaejoong wanted to clarify one thing which had him pondered since the day Jihyun ran away.

“Was that just pretence? From the moment you accept my proposal till the wedding and the reporters…”

“Yes,” Jihyun stated. “I accepted your proposal so things would go my way and as I expected, it all went according to my plan.”

His world crumbled down as he thought he had her love but in the end he got nothing. He was hurt and she knew it. Because of the enormous pain, her irrational mind made her lie. She felt that was the right thing to do, letting him to get a taste of her suffering.

“Why…” Jaejoong murmured. “I thought… I always thought you were true to me.”

“Yes. But that was before my memories were back.” Jihyun suddenly let out a chuckle which confused Jaejoong. “I didn’t know you are such a fool in front of love. You’re really naive.”

If that could kill him, Jihyun could be harsher to him. At least it made her feel better. Or that was what she thought.

Her words were like knife, slashed his heart into half and let it bleed till its blood run dry. Jaejoong held back the overwhelming emotions; not wanting to break down in front of Jihyun and let her see his pathetic look. A tingle of sorrow swept over her with the melancholy look in his eyes. Before Jaejoong allowed the tears to escape, Jihyun turned her back to him.

“Look, you have said your piece so get out of here now,” she said coldly.

Instead of heading to the door, Jaejoong took a step forward and held Jihyun in his arms. She struggled to break free with only him to tighten his grip and apologized again and again. Her vision became blurred from all the tears flowing down while Jaejoong quietly cherished their last moment.

“The bright smile plastered on your face made me believe that was the right choice,” he began. “Besides that could keep you safe from Omma as you would not be a threat to her but that’s just one of the reason. I’m selfish wanting to keep you with me and look only at me. I didn’t want you to go back to Korea, fearing that you would meet Yong Junhyung and go back to him. No matt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter