Chapter 56

Someday love will be back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

------ Junhyung ------

The way her lips twitched upwards to show the beaming smile of hers. The way her hair cascaded down her shoulder which gave emphasis to her beauty, and how it landed gently on my face when she leaned down to capture my lips. How her angelic voice caressed my name, and her sweet scent I inhaled when I held her in my arms, with my head buried in her hair was intoxicating. Everything about her remained fresh in my mind.

If I didn’t make the foolish decision back then, she would be by my side rather than lived in my memories. My child. He was gone before he got to come to the world. Having those thoughts, it brought tears to my eyes.

Sensed my gaze on her, she glanced my way and our eyes fixed on each other. I regretted. Truly regretted. If only I’m the one she had her eyes set on, but, sadly, I’m not and it was me who pushed her away.

She gave me a polite smile, shifted her gaze away and focused on the task at hand.

I heaved a sigh and stared blankly in the mirror while the hairdresser fixed my hair. Upon knowing the truth, I changed my mind on working with HJ Fashion. Once I said she didn’t deserve to shed a tear, even felt disgusted by her act, firmly believed she’s the one who was wronged. But what I’m doing now? Wasn’t I becoming the hypocrite who I used to accuse her to be?


*************************


Eyes on the camera, I was having my individual shoot. On with the coat, I was to portray the street chic fashion style. I did my best to meet the requirements from the photographer. Putting down his camera, he went through the photos and seemed unsatisfied.

“Anybody to help him with the collar?”

I looked around and saw her running towards me. She adjusted the collar from the back and slowly moved to the front to tidy up my looks. My eyes were on her the entire time, captured her every moves, and savoured the moment with her. She didn’t look up but concentrated on her work. All of a sudden, she stopped her action with a blank look on her face. I glanced at her with puzzlement.

“Done?” the photographer asked.

It was then she recovered and answered back. She was unfocused and didn’t notice that she was colliding with the light stand.

“Watch out,” the staff shouted.

I rushed up, hugged her and pushed her aside. The light stand landed on the ground with a loud thud. I broke away and looked at her horrified face. Cupped her cheeks, I worriedly asked, “Hyun, are you all right?”

Not getting any response, I got her up and saw that her right arm was injured with blood oozing out.

“Are you okay?” the photographer asked after rebuking his assistant.

“I’m fine,” she replied weakly, hadn’t recovered from the shock.

“No, you’re not,” I stated firmly. “Your arm is scraped.” Unconsciously, I held her hand and brought her to the dressing room. “Come on, we have to treat the wound.”

“Hyung, what happened?” Dongwoon asked.

I couldn’t bother to reply him and straight away asked for first aid kit. “Is there any first aid kit?”

All of them were baffled, looking around for any clues of what’s going on. “Is there any?” I raised my voice to alert them of what situation they were in.

Jihyun slowly tugged my shirt to get my attention. “Junhyung-ssi,” she softly called. “I’m fine. It’s just a small…”

“Obviously you’re not. Stop putting up a brave front and assumed that you could handle everything on your own. For once, think for your own sake and not put others before yourself. Will you?”

I was fuming mad of what she said and annoyed that she’s nice to others but not herself, rather suffered on her own than gave trouble to others. I knew she was taken aback by my words.

Or perhaps I was angry at myself.

“Here is the first aid kit,” one of the staff said quietly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter