Confessions

When I'm with You

Listen while you read if you want. It's your choice.
---------------------
"Good evening passengers, this is your pilot speaking. It is currently 7:26pm in California and in Seoul, it is 11:26am. There is still about 3 hours until we get to our destination so please continue to enjoy the rest of the flight."
 
I blinked a couple of times and struggled in my seat trying to get comfortable after being woken up by the announcer. It took me a while to realize that I was still on the plane. I must of fallen asleep while watching dramas on my laptop.
 
 I noticed a note taped to the back of the chair in front of me. I opened it and read.
 
Hey ______.
It's  mom. I finally I time to see you but you were already alseep. You know that Hoya is picking you up at the airport right? Your dad and I are busy afterwards so we won't be able to take you home. :( BUT we'll see you afterwards! Make sure you get home and eat and rest up. 
 
Love, Mom
 
After reading the note from mom, I went on facebook to see if any of my friends were on. Searching through the list of friends, I had finally found the name of the person I desperately wanted to talk to. My best friend ever since Kindergarten, Ailee. I open a new chat window with her.
 
Ailee Lee
You: HEY AILEE.
 
I waited a few minutes for her reply. Thinking that she wasn't gonna reply, I was about to close the tab, but that's when she did.
 
Ailee: OMG ______!  ARE YOU IN KOREA YET?
 
I chuckled and replied back.
 
Me: Nope, not yet. Just a few more hours. :/ 
 
Ailee: I still can't believe you're leaving me. D: You promised me that we would move to Korea together so we can hunt down our kpop idols! What happened to that promise?
 
Me: I'm sorry ;(
 
Ailee:  sigh... but now you have to promise me something else. 
 
Me: sure ^^ what is it? 
 
Ailee: Promise me that you ever get to meet with SHINee or Super Junior, you'd get me Tamin and Sungmin's autographs.
 
Me: ...
 
Ailee: You promise?!
 
Me: yeah, fine. But what makes you think I'll ever get to meet them? I'm not even fans of SHINee or Suju... D:
 
We carried on our conversation which lasted for an hour until she had to go. After that, I decided to update my status.  
 
_______ Choi
"On the plane to South Korea. A few more hours until I land. I'll be living there from now on...I'm gonna miss everyone. T_T "
 
A few seconds later, I got notifications of people who liked and commented my status.  There were actually a lot of people that said they were gonna miss me. I didn't think that that much people would notice my status. 
 
While typing replies to the comments, an chat box popped up. It was from my crush, L.Joe. It wasn't only me who liked him, a lot of people did. A few friends of mine had crushes on him, but they didn't know I did. I'd never tell who my crushes were. Not even to my Ailee. L.Joe and I had three classes together last year and we sat together in one of them. We didn't talk to each other much, but when we did, it would either be about school or homework. 
 
I clicked on the tab with his name to see what he had sent me.
 
L.Joe Lee
L.Joe: hey
 
Me: hi
 
I replied back not knowing what else to say. 
 
L.Joe: I saw your status. so you're moving to korea?
            why? 
 
I was surprised that the reason why he was talking to me wasn't because of homework. 
 
Me: I just want something new to happen and something new to experience.
       also my brother lives in Korea so I'd be with him. 
 
L.Joe: oh
 
a one word answer... but i could see he started typing again. 
 
L.Joe: I have something to tell you.
 
At this point, I was getting nervous. I bit my bottom lip as I typed.
 
Me: What is it?
 
I saw that he was typing. A message came up after a few minutes.
 
L.Joe: I'm not sure how I should say this but, I like you. I have been ever since we sat next to each other during geometry. I've wanted to confess but I never had the guts to. I feel like a idiot now that I know that you're leaving.
 
L.Joe: I'm sorry... did I scare you? You probably hate me right now. 
 
I sat there, frozen at what I was reading. I didn't know how to reply back to him but my fingers started to type. 
 
"Actually... I like you too." 
I looked up to where I had typed, hesitating whether or not to press enter.
 
After taking a deep breath, I finally pressed enter. 
 
Me: Actually... I like you too. 
 
This would be the first time I've confessed to anyone. For some reason, I was scared of what was gonna happen next.
 
L.Joe: Now I feel really stupid. If I had talked to you more and confessed to you earlier...
 
If we had really gotten closer to each other and if he really did confess, would anything change? Would I still be on this place to the other side of the world?
 
I logged off of facebook before L.Joe could say anything else and went onto tumblr to take my mind off of this topic.
 

 

_________________
 
I'm sorry if this is boring. T_T I'm just introducing the character a little more. People will start appear in the next chapter.  Please comment & subscribe!^^ Happy Reading :)