Yumi

When I'm with You
 
------------------------
It was the last day of detention. There two weeks of detention during lunch and after school would end today.
 
-Detention After school-
“Today’s the last day,” said Ilhoon. “Yup. Peniel has to make up his days though since he’s gone.” You said. “ for him,” said Minhyuk.
 
Another boy suddenly came into the room. The three of you looked to the door. “Chunji, what are you doing here?” asked Minhyuk. “I got detention for today,” said Chunji. “What for?”
 
“Talking back to the teacher.” He went to sit down and noticed you in the room. “Who’s she?” he asked looking at you.  “_______,” you said.
 
“Ohh, that’s a pretty name.” He got up to his seat  and sat in the chair next to your desk. *Why is he moving closer to me* you thought. “I’ve never seen you here before, are you new?”
 
“Umm…” Ilhoon and Minhyuk both sensed that he was trying to flirt with you. “Stop it Chunji. I thought you were with Minhyuk’s cousin?” said Ilhoon. “She broke up with me a few days ago. That is crazy.” Chunji replied.
 
“Yumi will never learn will she,” said Minhyuk. “I can’t even count the amount of guys she’s dated and broken up with.”
 
“Weren’t you like that before you met Eunmi-,” Chunji said but shut up when he realized Minhyuk was giving him a glare. “Nevermind.”
 
“Who’s Eunmi?” you asked. “No one.” Minhyuk quickly replied. *Okay…* you thought.
 
“So, _______. You want to go on a date with me tomorrow?” Chunji got back to his topic. “Uhh… I-" you didn't know what to say.
 
“She doesn’t want to.” “_______’s busy.” Both Ilhoon and Minhyuk said. Chunji turned his head towards them, “I think she can speak for herself. So do you wanna?”
 
“Chunji, stop trying to flirt with her or the next thing you know I’ll have my fist in in your face,” said Minhyuk. “Woah, fine. I’ll stop. Calm down geez.” He went back to the other desk. “Why is he getting so worked up about it.”
 
Detention ended and everyone left to go home. Ilhoon went over to Minhyuk’s house to hangout. Minhyuk opened the doors to his house and the two of them went in. “Mom, I’m home! Ilhoon is here also,” Minhyuk yelled out.
 
“How was school guys?” asked his mom. “It was good. We’ll be in my room,” said Minhyuk. “Oh! Minhyuk, Yumi and her parents are eating over tonight. I think she’s upstairs working on her homework in your room right now.” “What?! Why my room?!” 
 
“She said she had to use the computer for an essay,” she said.
 
“Yeah, right.” Minhyuk muttered. The two of them went up to his room and as expected, Yumi was on his computer. She wasn’t doing her homework though. “Yumi! Why are you on my computer?! Didn’t I tell you before not to use it?”
“But I needed to use it,” she replied. “My phone died and there was no other way to go online except for using your computer.”
 
The guys put their bags down, the TV, and started watching. Yumi couldn’t help but notice Ilhoon. She was attracted to him for some reason. It was the first time she’s ever felt that way towards him even though she has known him for a few years now. Every once in a while she would look away from the computer monitor and take a peek at Ilhoon so he wouldn’t notice her looking at him. It had gotten late so Ilhoon went home.
 
“Hey Minhyuk.” Yumi climbed onto his bed. “What?” he continued to look at the TV screen. “Ilhoon’s your best friend right?” she asked. “Yeah. Why are you asking me all of a sudden?”
 
“Could you possibly… I don’t know… set me up on a date with Ilhoon?” she asked. “No.” he replied quickly.
 
“WHAT?! C’mon! I’m your cousin!” “No,” he said again.
 
“Wae! At least tell him some good words about me.” “Ilhoon is my best friend and I don’t want him to be with a witch like you,” Minhyuk said.
 
“Minhyuk! I’m your cousin!” Yumi wined. “I’ve helped you set up dates for so much other guys already.”
“But we’re related! We’re supposed to help each other,” she said. “And what have you done for me?!” he asked. “Umm…Uhh…”
 
“Doesn’t matter if you have a reason or not. I’d never put you together with my best friends. Anyways, he already likes ______-.” *Oh crap… Shouldn’t have said that.* he thought.
 
“What? _______? The new girl who everyone said was dating Zelo?” said Yumi. 
 
“No. I never said that. And for your information, ________ wasn’t dating Zelo. Zelo’s her brother,” he replied.
“Whatever, you’re not going to be any use to me anymore,” she said as she left his room.
 
In Yumi’s head, she was thinking. *I clearly heard what you had said Minhyuk. I’ll just have to do things on my own to get what I want.*