Father and Daughter Time

When I'm with You
 
--------------------
You wake up the next morning still feeling sleepy. You checked the clock on your bedside table. It was 3:21. In California, it would be 11:21pm, which is the time I would be heading to bed. You wanted to go back to sleep, but no matter how long you closed your eyes, you just wouldn't fall asleep. Your stomach started to make noises so you decided wash up and head down stairs to eat something. 

While heading to the kitchen, you see your dad in the living room watching TV.

"Good afternoon _______. Did you get a nice sleep?" your dad asked when he saw you. "Yeah, it was pretty good. I'm still feeling tired though. Where's mom and Zelo?" you asked. "Mom went shopping and Zelo went out with his friends. If you're hungry, I could cook some food for you," he said. "That'll be great," you replied.

Your dad got up and headed towards the kitchen and you went went to the living room to watch TV while you wait. You skimed through the channels since nothing looked interesting to watch. 15 minutes later, your dad called for you to eat. While you ate, you and your dad caught up with each other and had father and daughter time. 

"You know, after a few days, you'd have to attend school right?" he asked before taking a grape and throwing it into his mouth. "Yeah, I know." you said. "Just wondering but, how was Zelo able to skip a grade. I mean, his room is all messy and dirty. He doesn't seem like the person to study." "It may not seem like it but believe me, he is. Your smart also. Try your best and you might be able to skip a grade also," your dad replied.  

Your dad's phone started to ring. He looked and answered it. They were talking for a while. You were't paying attention because you were eating. Then he turned to you and said, "Your mom is getting you a phone right now. You want an iPhone?" he asked you. "Yeah," you replied. "Black or White?" "White please," and he want back to answering the phone. A few minutes later he finished the phone call.

"Your mom is also stopping by the school to pick up your school applications today," he looked at you but you continued eatting.

"_______, it's a new school and there'd be new rules you'd have to follow. You'll also have to make new friends, but please don't cause trouble like you did at your old school. You really are a smart girl and you should choose the right choices to make," he said. 

At your old school, you would get in trouble a lot because of sleeping or being late to class. You would also do some stuff to teachers. You were also suspended but that was all. You couldn't keep yourself from trying to have fun. Even if you were a trouble maker, you were one of the top students in your class.

"_______..." "Okay, okay. I'll try to." you said. *I don't think I would be able to keep that promise.*

You finished your meal and your dad went back to watching TV while you washed your dish. After that, you started walking back up to your room. You were spinning around on your chair. You had nothing to do, your friends in California were all asleep and you didn't feel like going on tumblr. Thats when you decided to go out and explore Seoul. Since you'd be living here from now on, might as well get to know the place. 

After changing your PJs to a sweatshirt and skinny jeans, you headed downstairs and old your dad where you were going. He gave you his phone to use in case of emergencies since you didn't have one yet. You headed out and started walking around the neighborhood. You also had to remember the turns you took so you'd find your way home. 

The streets seemed peaceful. It would be nice to takes walks around here to relieve stress and also to waste time. After walking for about an hour, you started to head back. You could see the sun had started to go down. While walking on your street back home, you see Zelo heading home too. Both of you meet in front of the house. 

"Hey, where did you go?" he asked. "Nothing much, just walking around to get familiar with the place. What about you?" you replied. "Hanging out with my friends, talking, you know, those stuff," he said before going in the house and you went in after him.

Your mom was already home. She handed you a student handbook for the school and also your new phone. You didn't bother reading the handbook so you just left it on your desk. You opened the iPhone box and took it out to set it up. For the rest of the night, you added the same apps you hadd on your old iPhone and played with it.