Basketball Practice

When I'm with You

-----------------------
You went to the cafeteria for lunch. Since your time in detention had ended, you could start eating outside of the classroom now. The only thing you would be worried about is being a loner. You didn’t know where Zelo, JR, or anyone was. Everyone was a stranger to you. You waited in line for lunch and after picking out your food, you looked to see if there were any empty seats. Thankfully there was one and you sat there to finish your lunch.
 
After eating, you threw you trash away. You turned around and accidentally bumped into someone which caused them to drop their books. You dropped down to help pick up the person’s books. You looked at the persons shoes to see her wearing 3 inch heels. *Wait this scene feels familiar…* you thought. You looked at her and saw the face that you had seen a few weeks ago.
 
You stood back up and handed her the books. “I’m sorry.”
“What your step next time.”
 “I’m sorry.” You bowed.
“You look familiar.” She said. “What’s your name?”
“_________.”
Her eyes widened. *So this is the ________ everyone has been talking about.* She looked at you up and down. *I don’t see what’s so special about her.* she thought and left you.
 
Behind you, someone called out you name. “_________!” You turned around to see Peniel. *He’s back?* you thought. You walked to him. “Hey Peniel. I haven’t seen you in a while.” “Yeah, I was back in the states,” he said. “How was it?” you asked. “It was good. Saw my relatives and went to familiar places,” he replied.
 
 
“Are you here alone?” he asked. You nodded. “I don’t know where my brother went.” “Well you could come hang out with us during lunch from now on. It’s better than being alone,” he suggested. “Sure,” you said.
“Cool, let’s go.” You followed him out of the cafeteria into the basement. As you walked down, you saw graffiti all over the walls and all sorts of old looking stuff along the wall. It was a cool place to be at.
 
“We’re here!” said Peniel. “Hey _______,” “Hey,” said Ilhoon and Minhyuk. “Hi,” you replied. “I never knew the school had a place like this.” There was a basketball court along with a drum set and all sorts of other stuff. It was like a secret hideout.
 
“It’s cool isn’t it,” you nodded. “This is where we usually hang out during lunch,” said Ilhoon.
 
Chunji and all their other friends were in the room but they were talking and playing basketball. That reminded you. “Basketball practice starts today right?” you asked. “Yeah, you ready?” asked Peniel. “Yeah… but I forgot to bring the right shoes,” you said. “I think there’s time after school to go back home and get them,” said Ilhoon. “Oh, I guess I’ll go then,” you said.
 
So after school you went home and grabbed your shoes and ran back. When you got back, everyone had already changed. You went into the locker room and changed quickly. You came out and Coach Ahn was taking attendance.
“Sorry I’m late. I had to run back home to get my shoes,” you said. “I’ll excuse you this time but please get on time next time,” said the coach. “I will,” you replied.
 
With that, practice started. You ran 3 laps around the track field and then dribble exercises. Next you practice shooting baskets. By the end of practice, you were sweating, tired, and thirty. You had drunk all of your water in your bottle. You bent with your hands on your knees trying to catch your breath. A bottle of water suddenly appeared next to you. You looked to your right to see Minhyuk with the water bottle in his hand.
 
“Take it, you look awful.” Your eyes widened and you turned around so he couldn’t see your face.  “Do I really look that bad?” you said. *She is really gullible sometimes.* Minhyuk smiled. “No, I was just joking. Your face is really red though,” he said. “Oh,” you turned back around and accepted his offering. “Thanks.” 
 
“Ilhoon left early. You’re going home now right? I’ll meet out outside the locker room after you’re done so we’ll go together,” he said and went to go change and so did you.
 
Coming out of the locker room, you see Minhyuk waiting for you like he said. You walked to him. “You ready?” he said. “Yeah.” The two of you started walking towards the exit. “_________!” You turned around to see Zelo running to catch up to the two of you. “Wait for me!” 
 
 
*Damn, I wanted it to be just the two of us.* Minhyuk thought.
 
Zelo met up with you guys and started walking home. The walk was quiet. *It probably wouldn’t be this quiet if Zelo hadn’t come along.* Minhyuk thought again. After a while, they went their separate ways.
 
“Does Minhyuk usually walk home with you?” Zelo spoke up. “Sometimes. I guess because his home is around here also,” you replied. “Hmm… So are you guys close?” he asked. “I guess. We’ve been hanging out for a while now along with Ilhoon and Peniel,” you said.
 
“Soo…” “So,” you repeated after him.
 
“Do you like him?” Face palm. “I knew you were going to ask this question,” you said.
 
“Why can’t a brother ask about his sister’s love life?” he asked. “Beause it’s weird. I never ask about your love life so why should I tell you about mine?”
 
“Do you want to know about my love life?” “No, because you have no love life,” you said. “Fine. So stubborn.”
 
“Do you really want to know?” You asked him. “Yeah.”
 
“The person…” Zelo came closer to you. “I like…” he bent down thinking you were going to whisper it into his ear, “IS WOOYOUNG FROM 2PM!” you screamed in his ear and ran away from him. “Arghh! Do you want me to go deaf?” He ran after you to try to take his revenge. You ran all the way home, unlocked the door, ran upstairs, and locked the door to you room and leaned on it trying to catch your breath.  
 
You were taken back by the sudden bang at your door. “________! I’m so going to get you when you come out!”
 
You laughed at him thinking how much of an idiot he can be sometimes.