Another Confession

When I'm with You
--------------
 
Afterschool, Ilhoon was waiting in the school garden for you to come. After 15 minutes of waiting, he wondered if you were actually going to come. He called you but apparently, your phone was turned off.

 A few minutes later, he heard footsteps behind him.  Hoping it was you, he smiled and turned around. “______” But his smile faded.

“Hello Ilhoon. Disappointed that it was me instead of _______?” Yumi smirked as she held the rose between her fingers.

---

Jiyeon had dragged you to your locker. She opened it then searched frantically for something in there. “What are you looking for?” you asked. “It’s not in here! Where the hell did the rose go?!” said Jiyeon. “Uh… I have no idea what you’re talking about…” “Follow me.” She started dragging you again. 

---

“Just leave Yumi.” Minhyuk appeared behind Yumi. She turned around. “No! You can’t just tell me what to- HEY!” Minhyuk took her arm and led her away from the garden.

“What is wrong with you! Let go, it hurts.” Minhyuk let go of her wrist. “Thank you. Now if you excuse me Minhyuk.” She started to walk there again but Minhyuk stopped her.

“You’re not going back there,” he said. “And why can’t I?”

“Don’t you ever think that you’re intruding into other people’s lives? Yumi, the world doesn’t revolve around you.” “In my world, everything does revolve around me.” Minhyuk rolled his eyes.

“Look, you better stay away from Ilhoon and _______. Didn’t like 7 other guys ask you to the dance already?”

“Actually, it was 9 but I rejected them all,”said Yumi. “Why can’t you just choose one of them?”

“Because they’re all missing one thing.” “And what’s that?” Minhyuk asked.

“They’re not Ilhoon. You’re not in charge of my life so stay out!” Yumi was going to leave but Minhyuk grabbed her arm again. “Stop it!”

“Promise me that you’re not going to mess with my best friend first," said Minhyuk. “Or what?”

“Or I’ll tell your mom about the time you shoplifted a $300 necklace.” Her eyes widened. “How- how- how- did you know?!” “I was there and I saw everything,” he smirked.

“ARGHH. YOU JUST RUINED EVERYTHING MINHYUK!” Yumi stomped away.

---

Text conversation between Jiyeon and Ilhoon
Jiyeon: ‘Hey ______’s not there because she didn’t receive the rose for some reason.’
Ilhoon: ‘Yeah I know the reason why. Yumi stole it.’
Jiyeon: ‘I’m totally going to get that later on. I’m bringing _______ to you now.’

Jiyeon had taken you to the garden. You imagined the garden as a rundown place full of weeds and maybe a few flowers but it turned out to be the exact opposite. There were colorful flowers everywhere, the grass was fully green, and there didn’t seem to be any weeds at all. It was beautiful. She must have seen your expression. “Pretty right?” you nodded.

The two of you arrived in the center of the garden and standing in front of you was Ilhoon. You still weren’t sure of what was happening right now. Jiyeon pushed you so you were stand in little closer to him then left the two of you there.

You spoke up. “Uh, hey Ilhoon.”

“Hey.” It was quiet except for the birds chirping in the back ground. “So I bet you have no idea of what’s happening right now.” He smiled.

You slightly laughed and nodded.

Ilhoon took a deep breathe. There were so many things running through his head right now. He couldn’t think of anything to say at that moment.

“So did you need to tell me something?”

Ilhoon went over to the flowers and took one then turned to you. “_______, would you go to the dance with me?”

You half expected that since he looked nervous and what else was there to do here anyways? You two were in a beautiful garden by yourselves. The sun was shining and everything was perfect.

You gave him a smile and he continued on. “And maybe… become my girlfriend?”

You weren’t expecting the last part.