Strawberry Ice Cream

When I'm with You
 
---------------------------------
The girls were split into two teams. The game ended with 6-4. Your team had won. While the game was being played, Coach Ahn was taking down notes and observing each player as they played.
 
Finally, tryouts were over. “I will post up a list of those who made it on the team tomorrow morning. Everyone did well today. I’ll see you guys on Monday,” Coach Ahn said and left to her office. All the girls went in the locker rooms to change. When you finished, you went outside to see Zelo waiting for you. The sky was orange as you guys walked home together.
 
“Hey, how were tryouts?” you asked him. “It was good. I’ll make it in for sure. How were yours? I thought you did great.” he replied.
“You were watching?” you questioned. “Yeah, when you were shooting hoops. All the guys were watching.” You suddenly stopped walking to process everything that he said. “They were all watching?! Oh my god, I hope I didn’t embarrass myself,” you did a face palm. “Don’t worry. You were awesome.”

“Thanks,” you smiled. “I couldn’t see you play though,” you said. “Oh, I don’t need your compliments. I know I’m awesome,” he replied. “Alright then, cocky much?” you both laughed.
 
“So tomorrow’s Saturday, what are you planning on doing?” Zelo asked. “I don’t know. Sleep in and admire my kpop idols,” you answered. “I knew you would say that,” he said. “That means you know me well,” you smiled.
 
10 minutes of messing around and talking past and you finally made it home. Both of you took a long nice shower afterwards. And now it was dinner time. You and Zelo were at the table along with both your parents.
 
“So how was your week so far _______?” asked your dad. “It was good. I met some new people and tried out for the bball team,” you answered. 
 
“That’s good. So both you guys know that we’ll have to leave for work in tomorrow right?” asked your mom. Zelo and you nodded. “That means you’ll have to split all of the chores we usually do and cook meals yourselves. Remember not to eat out that much and don’t fight with each other. We’ve left a good amount of money with you. If you need more money, call or email us and we’ll sort it out. Hoya’s mom would come over once in a while to make sure everything’s ok. Got it?”
“Yeah,” “Got it,” you and Zelo said. “We’ll be back in a few weeks,” said your dad.
 
The next morning, you and Zelo said bye to your parents as they left for the airport. Zelo went to the couch and started flipping through channels on the TV.
 
“So how are we splitting up the chores?” you asked.
“When I was alone in this house when mom and dad were gone, I just did all the chores myself,” he replied while his eyes were still on the screen.
“Well how about this, we’ll just have alternating days. I’ll do them on Tuesdays, you’ll do them on Thursdays and we’ll both work on it on Saturdays.” “Sure whatever. Then what about dinner for the other days? What if we go to Hoya’s on Mondays, eat out on Wednesdays, both cook on Sundays, and it’s not like we’ll be home on Friday nights,” he said. “Actually, I would be home,” you said.
“Well… then you’ll worry about it yourself,” he responded. “Okay, I’m fine with it. It’s settled then.”
 
“I’m gonna go buy groceries," you said. “You want me to go with you?” he asked. “Naw, I’m fine by myself,” you said as you put on your shoes and left.
 
You wore casual clothes to the store and had your earphones on the whole time. You walked into the store and took a basket. You started going through each aisle taking the stuff necessary. When you were at the cereal section deciding between two boxes, you were blocking a staff holding a huge box. You stepped back and accidentally stepped on someone’s foot.
 
You turned around quickly and bowed to apologize. “Oh! I’m so sorry, I didn’t know you were behind me,” you said. “It’s alright, I’m not hurt.” You looked up to see JR. “Oh, JR,” you said. “Hi _______. What are you doing here?” he asked you. “Well, I’m here at store. So I should be here to shop. And you’re here to do that too?” you replied.
“Yeah, my mom told me to go out and buy more bread.” He held up the pack of bread in his hand. “Are you buying cereal?” “Yeah, I don’t know which one to choose.” You said as you held the two boxes in your hands. “I’d choose that one,” he pointed to the one on your right hand. “Oh, then I guess I’ll take this then” You put the box in your basket.
“I’m about to head to the cashier, are you finished shopping yet?” he asked.“Yeah, let’s go together,” you replied.
 
As both of you walked over to the cashier, JR spotted ice cream freezer. “Hey _____, do you want ice cream? It’ll be my treat,” he asked. You smiled and said, “Sure.” Both of you walked over to the freezer. “What flavor do you want,” he asked. “Strawberry please,” you answered.
He took out two strawberry flavored ice creams and went to pay for it and you went to pay after he did.

Both of you walked over to the park to eat the ice cream while talking about school and some other stuff. “Is strawberry ice cream your favorite also?” you asked him. “Yeah, it is.” He replied.
“Thanks again for the ice cream,” you said. “I’ll treat you to something else in the future.” JR smiled at that thought. *Okay JR, this is your chance to ask her out for a date. You can do It.* He looked over at you and stared. You wondered why he was looking over at you. “Is there ice cream on my face?” you asked. He snapped out of his daze and put his head down. “Hmm? Oh, no.”

“_______.” “Yeah?” you replied while still eating your ice cream. JR took a deep breath. “Do you… want to go out… sometime… maybe, if you want?” You looked towards him. “You don’t have to if you don’t want to…” he continued.
You didn’t say anything until 10 seconds after. “Sure, I think I’ll be fun,” you smiled. JR’s face suddenly lit up. *YES! I GOT A DATE WITH ______!*