Detention... AGAIN?!

When I'm with You

-----------------------
"Fine, I'll do it," you said. "Great! Tryouts are Friday afterschool. Get changed and meet us at the bleachers," he was about to leave but you grabbed him. "Wait, tryouts?!" "Yeah, you don't expect people to just get on the team without doing anything right? Just try your best and you'll make it in," he said and left.
 
"See ya later," "Bye _____," said Peniel and Ilhoon as they left past you. Minhyuk pushed your shoulder as he walked by. You took a few steps back from the push and looked back at him walking away. *Why does he always seem so cold towards me?* you thought.

While Zelo was playing basketball with his friends, a girl came up to him and called him to the side of the court.

"What is it," he said. "Is it true?! Are you really dating the new girl? Some people saw you guys walking to school together while tickling each other and laughing. How is she different from the rest of the girls in this school? Why can't ..." she got cut off my Zelo.

"What? What are you talking about?" he was confused. “The whole school is talking about how you and _______ are going out with each other.” “What?! No! She’s my sister!” “So you’re not going out with anyone?” she asked with a smile on her face. “No, now go away and let us get back to our game." He shooed the girl away and she skipped away back to her friends with the smile on her face.

School was over and you and Zelo were walking over to Hoya’s house.

“…I mean, how can people just make up rumors like that!” said Zelo. “You mean you only heard about it when the girl confronted you? Didn’t you hear what all the whispering was about?” “No… I wasn’t really paying attention to anything today,” he said. “By what?” you asked.

“Umm... My skateboard broke. That’s why I was walking to school with you this morning,” he said. “What? How?”

“Yongguk, Jongup, and I thought it would be fun to skate down this steep hill. When we were on top, my shoelace was untied. When I bent down to tie it, my skateboard was already rolling down the hill. There was a tree at the bottom and my skateboard… broke in half…” “Just get a new one. Ask mom and dad.” you replied.

"They got me the one I had broken. It was an expensive one too. I don't think they'd get me another one. They'd probably tell me to use my own money to buy it… Which I don't have a lot of right now." *Now I know what to get him for his birthday* you smiled.

You guys arrived at Hoya's house and Zelo rang the doorbell. 

"Are you joining the basketball team?" you asked. "Yeah, if I wasn't going to join, I'd get a part time job to get a new board." he sighed. "You're joining also right? I saw you talking to the coach today." you nodded.

Your aunt (Hoya's mom), opened the door and you guys went in. Your parents were already there. While dinner was being made, you, Zelo, and Hoya were playing video games. When you were left out of the game because you lost, you went over to Hoya's little sister and played with her.

After eating lunch the next day, you went to the bleachers to just relax. You put on your earphones and lied down on your back. Before you knew it, you fell asleep.

You woke up to water in your face. “Hey you! Wake up!” A teacher had found you sleeping on the bleachers when classes had started again. He took a water bottle and poured the water on your face to wake you up. “You should be in class right now. What are you doing here sleeping?!”

You quickly sat up and apologized. “I’m sorry, I must have fallen asleep when I was lying down.”

“What’s your name?” he asked. “_______.” He then handed you a detention slip. “Here, detention for 3 days. If you don’t want to add more days to that, make sure you get to class.”

Far from the bleachers was Minhyuk, who was watching you get in trouble. *She got in trouble again. A trouble maker isn’t she.*

School came to an end and you headed towards the detention room, for the second time this week. On your way there, you bumped into someone by accident which caused her to drop her books. “I’m sorry!” you said as dropped down to pick up her books. You looked at her shoes. She was wearing 3 inch heels. As you rose up, you saw that the height of her skirt was way higher than yours. She was a bit taller than you, but that was because of her heels. Her face was full of make-up. “You should be sorry. Watch where you’re going next time!” she took her books and left you and you continued walking to the room.

While in the detention room, Peniel and Ilhoon were already there.

“Hey Peniel. Do you notice how when ______’s around, Minhyuk acts differently? He seems more cold and quiet to her,” said Ilhoon. “Yeah, I noticed that too. Do you think there’s something going on with him?” “I don’t know... But he usually doesn’t act that way.” By the time he finished his sentence, Minhyuk came in the room.

“Hey, what took you so long to get here?” said Peniel. “Urgh… Yumi has been bothering me lately. She found out I was friends with Chunji so she kept bothering me and asking me to set a date for her. She’s so freaking annoying.”  

“So did you do it?” Ilhoon said. “Yeah,” Minhyuk replied. “Poor Chunji, going on a date with that witch,” laughed Peniel.

You came to the room and saw the three musketeers already there. You walked towards your seat to sit. The teacher took role and left. While sitting, you heard the floor screech. The guys were forming a circle with the chairs.

“Hey _____, you wanna sit with us?” asked Ilhoon. “Sure,” you got up and walked over to the empty chair in the circle they made. “How’d you get in trouble this time?” asked Peniel. “Ehh…” you didn’t really want to say anything.

“She slept past lunch on the bleachers,” said Minhyuk. You looked at Minhyuk who was sitting in front of you. “How did you know?” you asked surprised. “You need to find better hiding places to sleep if you don’t want to get caught,” he replied. “I wasn’t planning on sleeping through the next class…” you muttered. “What did you say?” asked Ilhoon. “Hmm? Nothing,” you said.

You guys got closer but Minhyuk was still a bit distant from you. Soon, detention came to an end and the teacher let you guys out. You were with Peniel and Ilhoon. Minhyuk disappeared right after you guys left the room. You looked outside to see that it was raining. “Do you have an umbrella?” asked one of them. “Yeah,” you replied. “Okay then. I’ll see you tomorrow _____,” “Bye ______,” they both said and left.

You dug through your backpack to try to find your umbrella. You were sure that you had brought it but it turns out you didn’t. *Aishh, I left my umbrella at home.* you thought. You were gonna run through the rain all the way home but at that moment, someone pulled you back. You turned around to see Minhyuk. He handed you an umbrella. “What?” you questioned. Don’t you need it also?” “At least I have a hoodie and you don’t,” he said. You accepted the umbrella, “Thanks,” you said and he ran off.