The Escape

When I'm with You

 
--------------------------------
It was now Monday. You and Zelo walked into the school to where the gym was. You guys went to see if you had made it onto the basketball team or not. When you got there, Minhyuk and Ilhoon were looking at the list. “I can’t believe he made it in,” “I know right, but hey, that guy’s pretty good,” “Yeah.” You heard what they were saying before they realized you and Zelo were behind them.
 
“Zelo, congrats on getting on the team,” said Minhyuk. “Told you I’d make it,” Zelo turned to you and said. Then he went up to see the list. “But what happened to you _______? I didn’t see your name on the list?“ Minhyuk said. “Yeah, your names not on the list,” said Ilhoon. “Really? Hmm... Guess I didn’t try hard enough,” you just said and turned around to leave but he then went after you and pulled your shoulder. “You didn’t really believe us right? You won’t even check if we’re lying or not?” said Ilhoon. “We were messing with you,” Minhyuk said.
 
 
You went back to see the list for yourself and your name was really on there. You read the rest of the paper and found out that practice starts next month and are on every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday after school until 6pm. The bell rang and all of you headed for class.
 
-Skips to Detention-
You walk into the detention room to see only Ilhoon and the teacher in there. As you sat down near him, he didn’t say anything. *Is he still mad at me for getting him two extra days of detention?*
 
“Hey, Ilhoon,” you said. “Hmm?” “Are you mad at me?” you asked him. “No, if this is about the two days of detention, you could just forget about it. I mean, if I didn’t unlock the door for you, you would have peed in your pants.” Both of you laughed. “Yeah,” you said. “Stop talking,” you heard the teacher say.
 
After a few minutes of being quiet, Peniel and Minhyuk ran into the room. “DUDE, ILHOON the-,” he got cut off by the teacher. “Excuse me! Please be quiet and get to your seat.” “But I have to tell Ilhoon something,” said Peniel.
“Then you can tell him after detention,” said the teacher. “But –," “Please get to your seat!” Minhyuk and Peniel went to sit down.
 
“Okay, now everyone’s here,” the teacher said and he sat back and went to sleep in his chair with his shoes on the table. “Umm, excuse me sir, are you not going to lock us up and leave?” Peniel asked. “In a little while,” he replied.
 
You could see under the table, the guys were texting each other. “HOLY ! Are you serious?” Ilhoon stood up after he had gotten a text from Peniel and Minhyuk. “Sit down!” said the teacher. “What’s happening?” you said. “We–" Ilhoon tried to talk. “Quiet!” The teacher yelled out again.
 
“Urgh, I can’t even get any silence in the detention room.” The teacher stood up and headed out the door. “I’ll be back when detention ends,” he said and closed the door. It was silent in the room. Peniel was near the hallway windows watching the teacher leave. When he turned the corner Peniel quickly got up and said, “Guys we got to go now!” Minhyuk and Ilhoon got off their chairs and headed towards the windows.
 
“Guys… What’s happening,” you said as you curiously watched them move. Minhyuk opened the window and jumped out. “Why did Minhyuk just jump out the window?” you asked. “We don’t have time to explain,” said Ilhoon. 
 
“Wait! Are you guys ditching detention?” you asked. “Yes we are and we need to leave before the teacher realizes we’re missing or we’d forfeit.” *Forfeit? Forfeit what?* you thought. Peniel was the next to jump out the window. “And you guys are just going to leave me here alone?!” you said. “Well, do you want to come with us?” asked Ilhoon.
 
You thought about it for a while. “Well? Are you coming or not?” Ilhoon said before jumping out. You ran to the window to see them standing near the building. “Hurry, if you are coming, you need to jump!”
 
You looked down to the ground and realized that it was a pretty high jump. It had to be at least 7 ft. “Don’t you think it’s a little too high?” “Just jump! One of us will catch you!”
 
You took a deep breath and went through the window. Now you were sitting on the window sill. You were about to jump when you heard the door unlock. You realized that the teacher must have found out that you guys were trying to escape. You jumped without thinking and you fell into someone’s arms. You looked up to see Minhyuk’s face looking down on yours. You quickly got back onto your feet when you realized what he was carrying you. Your face started to heat up so you turned away from the guys so they couldn’t see.
 
“HEY YOU DELINQUENTS! GET BACK HERE NOW!” the teacher yelled. He tried to jump out the window and fell on his face. All of you laughed at the total fail.
 
“C’mon, we have to go now!” said Peniel. Someone grabbed your wrist and you started running from the teacher who was running after you guys. You looked to see Minhyuk’s hand tightly gripped on your wrist. You knew your face was getting red, but you couldn’t tell if it was because of running or if it was because of blushing.
 
You ran with the guys for three blocks or until they thought they had lost the teacher. Minhyuk’s hand let go when all of you stopped running and started walking. Everyone was out of breath and tired from running. “Guys, we still need to hurry,” said Peniel. “Where are we going?” you asked. “A club,” Ilhoon replied.
You froze, “Club?” “Don’t worry. It’s a club for teens and young adults. And, they don’t sell alcohol,” said Peniel.
 
After a few blocks of walking, you guys arrived at front of the club. Apparently their friends were waiting for them. “Finally, you guys are here!” you heard a guy say. “I thought you guys wouldn’t make it,” said another. “Hey, who’s the girl?”