Studying

When I'm with You

--------------------
It’s now the weekend and you were studying for an important test on Monday. Ever since you had woken up and eaten breakfast, you were focused on reading and memorizing everything you needed to know.
 
Your parents weren’t home. They went to Busan for something. Zelo left to hang out with his friends so that left you all alone in the house. “Stupid science teacher. How is it possible to memorize all of this crap.”
 
Your stomach started making noises. You looked your clock. *11:46, I guess now’s a good time to eat lunch.* You brought your books downstairs and put them on the counter. *What is there to eat?* you thought for a moment and went to the cupboards. The only possible thing you found that you were able to eat was ramen. “Well I guess this is better than nothing.”
 
You grabbed a pack and started the stove for the water to boil. After a while, you poured in the hot water into the bowl of dried ramen. You put the lid back on and waited for the noodles to cook. While waiting, you continued to study. You had headphones on listening to music high on volume because that’s how you studied.
 
Suddenly you got distracted. Your phone started to vibrate on the counter. You picked it up to see who it was but it was an unknown number. You’ve received a text from a unknown number. “Hey _______, open the door.” You stared at the text wide eyed. How’d the stranger know your number? How’d they know your name? And even creepier, why’d they tell you to open the door? You texted back. “O_O Who are you and how do you know my name?”  You’ve never told anyone your phone number before. The only ones who knew your number were your parents, Zelo, JR, Hoya, and his parents. You didn’t give anyone else your number.
 
 A few seconds later,the person texted back. “You’re not serious are you? You don’t even know who I am? ._.”
 
You typed. “I really, don’t know who you are. You’re not a creeper are you?”
 
“Well do you want to know? Open your front door,” the person replied.
 
You took off your headphones and went to the door and open it. Standing behind the gate were Ilhoon, Peniel, and Minhyuk.
 
“What are you guys doing here?” You went to the gate and unlocked it. “We were bored.” They slowly came in and went into your house. “And so you decided to just barge in my house?” you said.
 
“Yup,” Minhyuk nodded. “Nice house.” “Erm, thanks,” you replied.
 
“We rung your doorbell so many times but you wouldn’t open the door. We thought you weren’t home,” said Ilhoon. “Sorry, I had my headphones on. I couldn’t hear it ring. Who was the one who texted me?” Ilhoon raised his hand. “How’d you get my number?” you asked.
 
“When you lent your phone to me to play with, I added your number to my phone.” “Oh. Sneaky," you said. “No wonder why you didn’t know who I was. You don’t even have my number in your phone,” said Ilhoon.
 
You went over to your bowl of ramen and started eating while studying. The guys watched you. “What are you doing?” Ilhoon asked. “Studying,” you answered while still reading. “Nerd,” said Minhyuk. “Shut up.”
 
“Shouldn’t you provide the guest with food?” said Peniel as he watched you eat. “There’s ramen in the cupboard, go make them yourself.” You took your ramen and books upstairs where you wouldn’t get distracted. “What a nice host she is.” Peniel opened all the cupboards. “She lied to us! There isn’t any ramen left.”
 
While you were busy studying, the three of them got bored. They crept up the stairs and found your room. They went inside and started watching on the TV in your room. You turned around on your chair. “Why are you guys up here?”
 
“We’re bored.” “Yeah, let’s play a game.”
 
“But guys, I have to study!” you exclaimed.
 
“I think you’ve studied long enough. You should take a break,” said Peniel. “I guess so… What do you want to do?” You closed your book.
 
“Do you have any game systems?” You went to your closet and brought out a box. “What’s that?” Peniel asked. You opened the box and they looked in.
 
“Woah! Is this all yours?!” You nodded. In the box were game consoles along with many boxes of games. Each of them looked through the box. “I can’t believe you have all of these.” Said Ilhoon.
 
“I would have never thought that you were a gamer,” said Minhyuk. “Why do you keep them all in a box? Don’t you play them?” asked Peniel. “I do, it’s just that I need to focus on school and other things more so I don’t want to get distracted,” you said.
 
They set up the system that they wanted to play and they ended up choosing Halo. The game caused a lot of screaming and yelling. *Oh god… Why are they so loud.* You thought. You dropped the controller down and went back to your desk to study.
 
“You’re not playing anymore?” asked Peniel. “Guys, I need to study if I want to pass the test. If I fail it, I’m blaming it on you guys-” “I want ice cream.” Everyone stared at Minhyuk and started cracking up because of his random comment. “Okay… then go out and buy some,” you said.
 
“Let’s go guys.” They got up and closed the game system. “You want some ______?” Ilhoon asked. “No thanks.” You said and went back to reading. “Okay. We’ll come back later. Study hard ________,” he said.
 
“Make sure you close the front door when you leave,” you said as they left the room. *Now I can concentrate.* you thought.
 
They weren’t gone for long though. After 10 minutes you had to go down and open the door for them again. “Back so soon?” you said as you let them in. “The store kicked us out,” said Ilhoon.
 
“Why?” you questioned. “Because we were mess around too much,” Minhyuk answered. “That’s so likely of you guys,” you said. “Yeah, so that’s why we’re back here so early.”
 
For the rest of the day you weren’t able to study because of them. Zelo came back and was surprised at the unfamiliar shoes at the front door. “Where the hell are these shoes from?” He walked up the stairs to see your door closed and heard voices coming out of the room.
 
“Aha! Time for revenge!” he heard a guy say. “What?! No!” you screamed. “Guys grab onto her!” “Nooooo,” you said while giggling. “Let go of me!” “No, now hold still.”
 
“URRAHH, Minhyuk, you’re gripping on me too hard! It hurts! Just do it quick Ilhoon!”
 
“It’s just going to hurt for a moment.”
 
“Just do it lightly please!”
 
*What’s going on in there?!* Zelo thought. A few moments later, he heard you groan. “Ughh! That hurt a lot!”
 
Zelo quickly opened the door to see  Ilhoon, Minhyuk, and Peniel giggling next to you. You were rubbing your forhead. “What’s going on in here?” Zelo asked.
 
“Nothing, we were just playing a game,” said Ilhoon. “I lost and I got my forhead flicked. Ilhoon! I asked you to flick my forehead lightly,” you slapped Ilhoon’s arm. 
 
“I’m sorry, I don’t go easy on girls who slapped my face,” he said. “That was an accident! You were just standing in the wrong place at the wrong time and I moved my hand to your face,” you replied.
“And now I took my revenge,” he smiled.
 
“Okay… Shouldn’t you guys be headed home? It’s getting late,” Zelo said. “Who are you to tell us what to do? We’re two years older than you,” said Minhyuk with a serious face and walked towards him.
 
“Ermm… we-well… uhh…” Zelo stuttered. Minhyuk laughed. “We’re just kidding. Yeah, we should go now.” All of them got up. “Uhh, yeah. Right. I knew you were joking.” He faked laughed. You shook your head and smiled.
 
The three of them headed out the door and down the stairs to put their shoes on. “Good luck on the test tomorrow,” said Ilhoon. “Thanks,” you replied.
 
They left and you went back up the stairs and found Zelo in his room. “You know you’re taller than Minhyuk right? Yet you seem scared of him,” you said. “Whatever, get out of my room.” He pushed you out and you went back into your room to study.