The mall with Jiyeon

When I'm with You

-------------
Practice ended and everyone left to the locker rooms. You went to where your locker was and started to change. You finished changing and closed the locker door. You didn’t know someone was standing behind it and you were startled by them. “Oh my god! Jiyeon, where did you come from?!”
 
“Haha, did I frighten you?” You nodded. “Do you need something?” you asked her. “I was wondering if you wanted to hang out at the mall," she said. “Today?”
 
“Yeah, is that alright?” “Erm, I guess so. Are other people going?” you asked. “Nope, it’s just going to be you and me,” she answered.
 
In the guy’s locker room, Ilhoon was talking with Minhyuk. “Why was Jiyeon talking to you?” Minhyuk asked.
“She found out about my crush on _______.” “What? I swear it wasn’t me who told her. I didn’t anyone about it.” *But I think Yumi knows...*
 
“I know you didn’t. Jiyeon told me that I made it look obvious. Does it really?” Minhyuk wasn’t listening. Instead, he was thinking about how it wasn’t right for him to like you too. “Well, she said that she’s going to help me. I have no idea what she’s going to do.” Ilhoon continued.
 
When you and Jiyeon arrived at the mall, she started dragging you to stores. Store after store, you’d follow her. She’d ask you if the clothes she picked out looked nice on her and you would nod. You weren’t really the type of person who gets excited over shopping.
 
“You should pick out something too,” said Jiyeon. You waved your hands in front of you. “It’s okay, I have enough clothes already.” “Oh c’mon. How can a girl have enough clothes to wear.” She looked along the racks. “Hey, this looks nice.” She took out a dress.
 
“Erm… I don’t really look good in dresses…” You stepped a few steps back. “What? I bet you’d look nice in this! Go try this on.” She pushed in you into a fitting room. You turned around and she slammed the door. “Change into it!” you heard her say and you sighed.
 
A few minutes later, you came out and Jiyeon wasn’t there. *Where did she go?* You decided to wait until she came back. You went back inside the changing room to check your phone. You had one text from Zelo. “Remember, dinner at Hoya’s house today.” 
 
You texted back, “Got it, If I don’t get there before dinner’s ready, tell auntie to just start dinner without me.” 
 
The second one was from Ilhoon. “Did you go home already? I couldn’t find you after practice.”
“Yeah. Jiyeon wanted me to go shopping with her. :/ Did you need something?”
 
Ilhoon had gotten your text and replied. “No reason, just wondering where you went.” *What is Jiyeon really up to?* he thought.
 
Jiyeon had finally come back. She brought along with her a few more dresses that she thought looked nice on you. She looked at you and the dress you had on. “I knew that would look nice on you! Here try these one also!” She handed you the dresses and pushed you back in.
 
After a while, you finished trying on all the dresses. “You liar,” said Jiyeon. “You said you didn’t look good in dresses.”
 
“I think we should get this one.” She held up one of the dresses you tried on. “But I don’t think I’ll wear it…” you said. “What are you talking about? The dance is coming soon. Somebody is going to ask you to go with them. Also since I don’t you would ever go shopping for dresses, this would be a perfect time to buy one. And it’s on sale also,” she said.
 
“I guess so…” “Great! Let’s go to the cashier.” The two of you brought the dress there. Suddenly, Jiyeon took out her wallet. “What are you doing?! You can’t pay for me!” “Don’t worry about it. You pay me back later.”
 
You guys left that store. “Are you hungry? Let’s go eat!” said Jiyeon. You followed her to the food court. On the way there, you spotted a skate shop. “Hey Jiyeon.” “Hmm?” “Could we go in there for a moment?” You pointed to the store. “Sure,” she replied.
 
You went in and went over to look at the skateboards. *Zelo’s birthday is going to be in a few months… How much does one cost?*
 
“Do you skate?” You nodded. “Are you going to buy one?”
“I’m planning to get one for Zelo for his birthday.” You didn’t really know what kind of skateboard he liked. *I guess I’ll have to ask him when we’re at home.” You and Jiyeon left and went to the food court. The two of you ordered the food and went over to an empty table to eat. “So, anything interesting happen lately?”
“Not really,” you replied.
 
“Do you want to know the story of me and Seyong?” she asked you. “I guess, if you want to,” you said.
 
“So, it happened last year. We sat next to each other in class and he started talking to me. Then out of nowhere, he asked me out in front of the class. That was embarrassing. I didn’t want to turn him down and embarrass him so I accepted it. I didn’t know him that well but after the date we had, I just fell straight for him.” She sighed. “We were meant to be.”
 
You sipped your drink and kept quiet. “You have nothing to say at all?” she asked and you shook your head. “Then, how would you like to be confessed to?” “I don’t know,” you replied.
 
“You really have no ideal way of being confessed to?” You shook your head. “Not even getting roses?”
 
“Well, I mean, after a while, they die. Wouldn’t it maybe be better to maybe get a fake flower? That way, it’ll last longer and It’ll remind you of the memories.” *Note to self, fake flowers.* Jiyeon thought.
 
“Hey, it’s the thought that counts right?” said Jiyeon. “What about chocolates? You like chocolate right?”
 
“Yeah, I like chocolate. Now that I think about it, if someone were to confess to me, it doesn’t have to be as big as what JR did. Something simple will be fine. Just somewhere peaceful that can make it an incredible moment.”
Jiyeon was smiling now that she knew she had gotten something out of you. After eating, the two of you went to a few more stores then went home.