Family Shopping

When I'm with You

--------------
You got up one morning to get ready for school. When you went down to eat breakfast, Zelo was already there.  "Good morning," you said.  "Morning." Zelo was doing something on his phone while eating.  "Where's mom and dad?" you asked.  "They left early for something." 
 
There's still more cereal in that box if you want some," said Zelo. You went over to the box on the counter and looked inside. "Wow. You're so generous," you said as you gave him the 'are you serious' look. He had only left you a spoonful of cereal in the box . 
 
"Hey, at least I left you some." Zelo continued eating. 
 
"Isn't there anything else to eat besides cereal?" You asked as you went over to the covers.  "Nope, I check all of them already. Nothing's left," he replied. "When was the last time we went grocery shopping?" "Probably been about a month. I think mom and dad said that we're going family shopping together after school. We can go to the market afterwards,"said Zelo. 
 
"Oh. It's been forever since we're gone shopping together as a family," you said. "I can finally get something without having to use my own money," he said.
 
"Pshh, they always seem to spoil us when they're here." You sat down across from Zelo and poured the remaining cereal into a bowl then added milk to it. "Are you going to the school dance?" you asked.  "Only because it's on a cruise ship." 
 
"Have you been to the other dances?"  "Yeah, I went with this older girl once," he said. 
 
"Oooo, you like noonas don't you," you said teasing him.  "No. She thretened to snitch on me if I didn't go with her," he said.  You started to laugh. "What did you do?" 
 
"I... stole a teacher's answer sheet for a test and the girl found out. The funny part was that she was black mailing me the entire night." You brought up the bowl to your face to drink the leftover milk. "And when I brought her back to her house, she wanted to kiss me." At that moment, you spit out all the milk in your mouth to the person sitting in front of you. "AHAHAHAHA... Opps." Your hand covered your mouth.
 
You sat there as Zelo took a few napkins to dry his face. "Oh my god, thank god you didn't get my phone wet. Now I need a change of clothes." He got up from his seat and headed to the stairs. 
 
-Skips to After School-
Like Zelo said in the morning, the two of you and your parents went shopping at the mall together. "Do you have anything in mind that your going to buy," your mom asked you.  "Not really, I don't really need anything right now," you replied. 
 
"What about you, Zelo?" she asked him. "Could I get a new skateboard-?"
 
"Zelo, we've told you before. I'm sorry but you'll just going to have to save up and buy one yourself. The last one we bought you was really expensive," she said.  "Yeah, I know."
 
"Are you guys hungry? Let's go eat pizza." The four of you went to the mall's food court and sat down at a table.  Your dad stood up, "So what toppings do you guys want on the pizza?" 
 
"Pepperoni." "Sausages, onions, and olives." "I'd like pineapples on it." You, Zelo, and your mom answered.  "Erm... okay," then your dad went off while mumbling and trying to remember what toppings you guys wanted. 
 
You looked around the mall to see the nearby outlets. You and Zelo spotted a skate shop and wanted to go in and check it out. "We'll be right back," Zelo while he left the table and you followed after him. The two of you went inside the store and went over to the wall covered with skateboards. "Woah, these look nice.," you said. "Yup." You look at the tags for one of the boards. *150,000 won?! Why the hell is this so expensive?!"
 
"Is there one that you want?" you asked. He led you deeper into the store and pointed out a skateboard. "I've been eyeing this for a while now. Don't you think it looks cool? It's not as expensive as the other ones but I still can't afford it." You looked at the price tag for that one. *70,000 won...* Zelo put the board back on it's rack and sighed. "We should get back now. Dads probably already back with the pizza. He started to leave but before you followed after him, you took a photo of the board so you'd know which one he wanted. 
 
 
You went back to your table to see a large pizza right in the middle of the table. "So I think I got everyone's toppings right.," said your dad. The pizza was split into slices with the different types of toppings on each of them. You took your slice and started eating and so did everyone else. 
 
After a while, the pizza was gone. Your family had managed to finish the entire pizza. "Well that was good," said your mom. "Where off to next?" You guys ended up going into some clothing stores and tried on some clothes. You and your mom went inside while your dad and Zelo just waited outside the store. Nothing really caught your eye but your mom would bring up clothes for you to try. 
"Hey ______. You should try this dress on. I hear that your school dance is coming up. You should go and wear this." 
 
*Dress...?* You thought. The she brought to you was the exact same dress that Jiyeon had gotten for you the last time you went to the mall with her. "Actually, I already have that," you replied to her. 
"You? Have a dress?" Your mom looked surprised. "Since when? I never see you wear any dresses."
"Since a few days ago. A friend got it for me," you said. "A friend? Did you finally become friends with someone? Someone that isn't a guy?" "Yeah..."you replied. 
 
"Well, we should go somewhere else then. I'm not seeing anything that interesting here. Let's go." You guys went through a few more stores. So far, you and Zelo had gotten a new pair of shoes. Your mom bought some kitchen ware items and your dad bought a fancy watch. Feeling exhausted, you sat down on a bench outside the store that your family was in. You ended up having to watch over their bags. You mind started drifting off to some things happening at school. *Should I start studying early?* you thought. 
 
You felt a presence of someone sitting next to you on the bench but you did bother to look. "Hi there," the person started talking to you. “Uhh, hi.” You look at the person then back to where you were looking at before but you noticed something. *Wait… Is that…* You did a double take and there he was. Minhyuk was sitting next to you.
 
“What are you doing here?” you asked him. “Probably the same reason you’re here for. You know, shopping. Are you waiting for someone?” he said. “Yeah. Zelo and my parents are inside, oh look. They’re coming out right now.”
 
“Oh, Minhyuk. It’s nice to see you again,” said Mrs. Choi. “Hello Mrs. Choi, Mr. Choi,” Minhyuk said. “Are you here alone Minhyuk?” asked Mr. Choi. “Actually, I’m here with a friend,” he replied.
 
“Minhyuk!” Everyone looked towards the way where the sound was coming from. Turns out Ilhoon was there also.  “_______, you’re here too?” he said. “And who is this?” your mom asked.
 
“I’m Ilhoon, ______’s friend,” he introduced himself. “Nice to meet you Ilhoon,” said your parents. “It’s nice to meet you too.”
 
 
“_______, don’t tell me you met him in detention also,” said your dad. “Hehehe…” You just smiled and shrugged your shoulders.
 
After shopping for the entire evening, you slouched on the couch and the TV. “Both Minhyuk and Ilhoon seem like really nice boys.” “Mhmm,” you answered.
 
“Were there other boys you became friends with?” “Mhmm,” you answered again.
 
“Are they also nice?” “Mhmm,” you weren’t even paying attention to what she was asking you.
 
“You’re dating one of them aren’t you?” “Mhmm… Wait, what?!” You sat up and looked at her. “I’m just kidding sweety. But I really do think they’re boyfriend material,” she said. “Uhh, yeah, okay. I’ll be upstairs if you need me.” You turned off the TV and headed up the stairs.
 
Your mom smiled and shook her head. *She’s always trying to avoid these topics* she thought.