First Day of School (Part 2)

When I'm with You

------------------
You hear the bell ring and the students start rushing to class. You head to your first class of the day which was Math. Since you skipped a grade, you wondered if the students in the class would be able to tell that you were younger than them. It made you nervous that they were all older.  When you got there most of the students in the class were already there. The bell had rung when you entered the classroom and the teacher welcomed you in.
 
"You must be the new student," he said. "Yeah," you were nervous. "Well then," he turned to the class, "Listen up everyone! We have a new student." He turned to you and told you to introduce yourself. You first remembered to bow, "Annyeonghasayo, I'm ______. I just moved to from the states. Please take care of me," you said and scanned the class to take a good look at your classmates.
 
The first thing that caught your eye was the curly haired blonde sitting at the right, center of the room. *Of course you would be in my class,* you thought. When you looked behind him, you saw JR, the guy who helped you find the directions to the office. He waved to you and you waved back with a smile. Zelo saw you waved and turned around to see who you were waving to. He wondered why you were waving to him.
 
The teacher told you to sit in the back where there was an empty seat which was coincidentally next to to JR. *Fate had brought us together.* JR thought as he smiled . As you walked to your desk, you passed by Zelo's desk. He thought that it would be funny to make you trip in front of the class. So he stuck out his leg from under the table and made you trip which caused you to fall to the floor.
 
You could hear the giggles coming from the other students. You turned to Zelo and gave him a glare. He was trying not to look at look you while he was holding in his laughter. You got up and continued towards your desk again. 
 
"Are you ok?," JR asked. "Yeah." you replied. "I saw what had happened. Why would Zelo do that to you?"he questioned.
 
"It's fine. I'm used to it."
 
"You're used to it?" he gave you a face. "Yeah, he's my twin brother. He messes with me all the time," you said. "Whoa. Are you serious?" he looked surprised. "I'm not lying to you." "But you guys don't even look a like." you nodded at his comment. "Wait, if he skipped a grade, and you're in the same class as him, that means you skipped a grade too!" 
 
 
"AHEMM," both of you look up to see the teacher, "______ I know you're new here and all, but I'm teaching a lesson right now. This is a warning for both of you." and he turned back to writing on the board. After that, you and JR didn't talk. The class ended and everyone started to get up and leave the classroom. 
 
"I'll see you later maybe," JR said as he left the classroom. Zelo then went up to you and asked for your schedule. You handed it to him and he took a long look at it. 
 
"Looks like I have 3 classes with you." he gave you back your schedule and left you. You headed to your next class which was English. That bore you a lot because you've learned the current lesson already. In the middle of class, you decided to mess with Zelo and take revenge from what happened at the beginning of first period. Zelo was sitting in front of the class.
 
You decided to distract him while her took notes, so you ripped out a piece of paper out of your notebook, scrunched it together, and threw it at him. When he turned around to see who threw the paper ball, you quickly had your head down and started writing with a expression that made you look like you were really focused on what you were writing. 
 
Zelo thought it was you but seeing you focused, it probably wasn't. So he turned back to the lesson. You chuckled at his reaction and threw another paper ball to him. This time you forgot to lower your head and instead, you tried looking out the window. Zelo must of seen your cracked smile figured out it was you because he started throwing the paper balls back at you. The other students just ignoured what we were doing. You guys had your little game but Zelo stopped throwing them a while after. 
 
10 minutes later, you were about to fall asleep. Your head was bobbing up and down. Zelo took this chance and knew a paper ball staight in the face. Your eyes shot open and you glared at Zelo. You pulled out another sheet of paper, crumbled it, and threw it towards him but at that moment, you lost your aim and it hit the teacher's back. 
 
The teacher turned around "Well, we have another troublemaker don't we," she said while looking straight at you. "Detention. See me after class."
 
You looked at Zelo and he stuck his tongue out at you. You groaned and put your head on the table. When class ended, the teacher gave you a detention slip. *Great, 1 hour detention, on the first day of school.* you sighed.
 
There was nothing interesting in the rest of the classes. After you had English , it was Korean, then Lunch. You didn't know where Zelo had gone to so you looked a little lost. Thankfully, JR was there to save you. He invited you to sit with him and his friends. It was awkward in the beginning but as they included you more on the topics they were talking about, the awkwardness faded. After lunch was science, JR was also in that class. Next was PE. Zelo was in that class. The last class of the day was dance. When that class ended, you'd have to go to detention.
 
When you got to the detention room, you see three boys already there and the teacher sitting on his desk. You gave the teacher your slip and you told you to sit down on one of the seats in the front row. You sat on the one closest to the window. 
 
*It's her again,* thought one of the guys in the room. 
 
"Ok, everyone is here. When I get back, you guys better where you were when I last saw you," said the teacher and left the room. He closed the door and locked it from the outside. 
 
"What? Why did he lock us in here? What happens if there's a fire, that means we'll die in here." you muttered to yourself in English and didn't think that anyone else in the room could hear you.
 
"I know right. There's something wrong with that teacher," you were taken back by the sudden English you were hearing. "He probably leaves us to go watch his ," he continued.  You chucked at the last thing he said. Silence filled the room.
 
The guys started talking but you weren't able to hear what they were saying because they were talking too softly. You were playing with a pencil while your chin was on your palm and your elbow on the table. Then the same guy from before spoke up, "So you're new here?" You were shy to people you were not close to, so you only gave him simple answers. 
 
You turned your face towards him and answered him, "Yeah." "Where are you from?" he asked. "California" you replied. "Oh that cool. I'm from Illinois." You only gave a smile and nodded. "What's your name?" he questioned again. "_______."
 
"Hi _______, I'm Peniel, that's Ilhoon," He pointed towards him as he said his name. Ilhoon had his chin on his arm which was on the table and he used his other hand to give you a simple wave. "and that's Minhyuk." Minhyuk just turned his head towards you and smirked then went back to whatever his was doing. 
 
"Well ______, how'd you end up in here?" Peniel continued talking. "I was throwing paper balls and it hit the teacher," you said and he laughed. "Who was the teacher?" *Are we playing 20 questions or something?* you thought to yourself. "Urm.. Ms. Park."
 
"Oooh. I have her for English. She's really strict." "Yeah, I know right." you said.
 
You guys started talking about other things but the whole time, you guys were speaking in English. Ilhoon wanted to join in the conversation so we had to change the language to Korean. Minhyuk was silent the whole time. He only answered to Peniel and Ilhoon when they spoke to him. You wondered why he wasn't joining in the conversation.
 
They got to know you more and found out that you've skipped a grade. You found out that Peniel and the other guys were currently a seniors. They were trying to sneak out of class, but got caught by their teacher who gave them 1 week detention.
 
The 1 hour detention passed by and the teacher came back to unlock the door for us to leave.
 
By the time you got home, it was already 6PM. You finished up your homework for the day and the rest of the evening went by quick. During dinner, your parents asked about your first day of school. You told them about your teachers and how each class was like but you didn't tell them about detention. You were surprised that Zelo didn't bring it up. I guess thats what I love about him sometimes.