Hey Little Guy!

When I'm with You
----------------------
 
Another day after practice, Ilhoon was going to meet up with Jiyeon at a cafe across the street from the school. You went straight home to have to study for finals. 
 
Minhyuk went along with Ilhoon to the cafe. When they went in, they spotted Jiyeon at a table waving to them. She wasn't alone though, she had also brought Seyong with her. He was sipping on his drink looking bored. "Why did you bring me along?"
"I thought that it would get awkward with just me and Ilhoon," Jiyeon said quietly as they approached the table.  
 
"Hey Ilhoon, you brought Minhyuk with you?" Jiyeon asked. "Yeah, that's okay right?" Ilhoon replied. "Yeah it's fine. Just don't spoil the plan out." "What plan were you thinking of?" Ilhoon asked.
 
"So, last time when I went with _______ to the mall, she told me how she would liked to be confessed to," Jiyeon said.  "So what do we do?"
 
"Okay, after finals are over you blah blah blah blah." They were discussing their plan. 
 
Yumi was also in the cafe buying a latte. She found Ilhoon and Minhyuk there sitting with two other people. *What are they doing here?* She quickly put on her hood and sat down at a table near them to eavesdrop on their conversation. Her back was facing them so they wouldn't see her face.
 
"So _______...you, blah blah blah Ilhoon blah blah blah dance...." Yumi was listening to the girl talk. *_______? Ilhoon?! Dance?! Don't tell me that girl is helping Ilhoon ask _______ to the dance!* She grew furious and clenched onto her drink. She accidentally clenched it too tight and the hot drink overflowed and ran down her hands. "!" She screamed from burn which caused everyones attention to go to her. "Opps." She got up and ran to the bathroom before anyone could recognize her.  
 
The three guys and the girl heard her scream and their attention also floated towards her. "What happened?" They just saw a girl running towards the bathroom. 
*That girl sounds familiar...* Minhyuk thought.  
 
At home, you tried to study but you kept getting distracted. Your desk was in front of a window and when you looked outside, you saw a small puppy just wandering the outside of your house. At first you just ignored it but when you looked out again 30 minutes later, it was still there. *Is that a Golden Retriever? I think it’s a stray dog.* you thought. *Should I help it?* You watch it as it walked around and kick around an empty can. *No, studies are more important right now.* You went back to studying but your mind would drift off to the puppy again. You heard the puppy's howl and looked out the window again. "That's it." You got up and went out the house. You went over to the puppy and bent down. 
 
"Hey, there. Are you lost little guy?" You slowly moved your hands towards it and you were able to pet it. Thankfully, it was a nice dog and it didn't bite the hand off. There wasn't a collar around its neck so you proposed that it was indeed a stray dog.  You picked it up and held it up to your level. "What are you doing here wandering in front of my house, huh?" The puppy barked as if it was replying to you. *Cute* you thought. It started wiggling around your hands wanting you to put him down and so you did. It started to run around you in circles while barking. "Hyper little dog aren't you." You laughed. 
 
You bent down again while it still ran around you. "Aren't you tired?" *What am I going to do with you now?* "Are you hungry? Would you like something to eat little doggy?"  It barked and you took it as a yes. After bringing it inside the house then setting it down, it started running around. You went over to the cupboards in the kitchen to see if there was anything you could feed the puppy with. "I don't think I have anything for you to eat." You looked at it and it was still running around. *You have so much energy.* "Why don't we go to the market and I'll buy some dog food for you?"
 
You grabbed your jacket and left the house with the puppy. On the way to the store, the puppy would be walking next to you. You arrived and went in. But before you could even 5 steps in, the store clerk blocked you from going in anymore. "Excuse me, we don't allow animals in here." "Oh."  The then picked up the puppy, threw it onto you, and pushed you out. You set it down and again and looked back.  "Well that was rude..."
 
You looked down as you watched the puppy still looking as happy as ever. "We just got kicked out and you're still so happy?" You smiled as it barked in response.  "Now what do we do..." 
 
"_______?" 
 
You turned around to see Ilhoon. "Hey Ilhoon."  "What are you doing standing outside the store?" he asked. "I got kicked out... For bringing in that little thing." You pointed to the puppy and it looked up towards you while pantting. 
 
"I never knew you had a dog." Ilhoon bent down and patted it. "Actually, I just found it today in front of my house. It looked like a stray so I thought that it might have needed help. I was going to go in and buy some dog food but I got kicked out by the store owner."
 
"Haha, I could watch over the puppy while you go buy it," he said. "Really?"
 
"Sure, why not. He looks really fun to play with."  "He? How do you know that it's a boy?" you asked.
 
"Erm... The thing dangling.." Ilhoon said awkwardly.  "Oh... yeah, okay. Thanks a lot. I'll be quick." You entered the store again.
 
You went to the pet aisle and skimmed through the shelves. You found the dog food but there were so many different kinds, so didn't know which one to get. “Dry dog food, moist dog food, semi-moist dog food, raw-diet dog food… Do they taste different?” After 10 minutes, you finally decided to get a small pack of the dry dog food.
 
While you were inside, Ilhoon was playing fetch with the puppy and it really looked like they were having fun. You smiled at the cute scene in front of you. *Ilhoon seems to be really good with dogs.* you thought.  
 
“He sure does like you,” you said. “I think he does. Were you able to buy it?” “Yup, thanks for watching him.”
 
“It’s no problem. Are you going to keep him?” he asked. “I’m not sure. I’ll have to ask my parents about it. Raising a dog is a lot of work. I’m not sure if I’ll have time to take care of it,” you replied.
 
You guys started walking back to your house. “Thanks for walking me home. You didn’t have to.” “It’s fine. I needed a way to waste time.” He laughed. “I thought you were studying.” “I was, until that little guy got me distracted. I just can’t just leave a stranded puppy alone. I mean, it looks so cute and cuddly…”
 
“Are you going to name it?” he asked. “Should I? Help me think of a name.”
 
“Hmm…What about Charles,” he said. “Charles? I don’t think that fits him.”
 
"How about Hwan?" you asked. Ilhoon laughed. “What kind of name is Hwan?”
 
“I don’t know. It was just a word I thought of on the top of my head,” you said.
 
“What do you think of Deullie” said Ilhoon. “Deullie…That sounds nice. I guess Deullie it is then.”
 
You arrived at your house and you said goodbye to Ilhoon. You opened to pack of dog food, poured it into a bowl, and place it down onto the floor. Deullie went over to it and started eating. “Does it taste good?”  You patted its head while it ate. “Do you like the name Deullie?” He smiled and barked.
 
Your eyes widened. “Oh crap! What happened to studying… Whatever, there’s always tomorrow.”