The Start of a New Relationship

When I'm with You

--------------
Ilhoon got nervous since you weren’t replying to him.  “You know what, forget the second question. That was stupid, I shouldn’t have asked you that.”
 
You looked at the beautiful scenery around you. The birds chirping in the trees, the colorful patches of flowers, it was really amazing.
 
You thought about the times with Ilhoon: when he saved you from peeing in your pants, when you two had an extra day of detention together, when he had sat next to you at the restaurant when the basketball team had their first win, and when he watched over Deullie for you while you shopped. Ilhoon was probably the closet person you’ve ever gotten to ever since you’ve started living here. You never really noticed how nice he was to you.
 
When he was with other girls, he would keep a distance from them and keep quiet. When girls tried to talk to him, you could help but feel a little angry in the inside. That’s when you realized, you probably had a crush on Ilhoon. You just never realized your own feelings. Now knowing that Ilhoon probably feels the same way made you smile.
 
“If you don’t want to go with me as your date, it’s fine. I wouldn’t be… that depressed about it...” said Ilhoon. “I’m sorry I even thought about even asking you.” He looked down so he wouldn’t have to face you.
 
You chuckled lightly. “I didn’t even answer you yet and you’re coming to conclusions.” “What?”
 
You took the rose from his hand. “Yes, I will go to the dance with you.” A
 smile appeared on his face. “Really?”
You nodded. “And… if it’s not too late, I’d say yes to your second question too.”
His eyes widened then he took you into his arms. You were surprised by his sudden action, but it made you smile even more.
 
After he let go, you asked him a question. “So, when did it start?”
“When did what start?”
“You know… You liking me…”
“Oh, umm…” he rubbed the back of his neck. “For a while now.”
You had your head down so he couldn’t see you blush.
 
He tilted his head so he could see your face. “You’re blushing aren’t you.” You smacked his arm playfully and the two of you laughed.
“You don’t know how nervous I was. What would have happened to our relationship if you didn’t have feelings for me back.”
“Who said I had feelings for you?” you said back to him.
“Wait! Then-“
“I’m just playing with you.”
“Then I guess we’re boyfriend and girlfriend now,” he said.
“Mhmm,” you gave him a smile and nodded.
 
From a distance from the two of you, Minhyuk was watching hiding next to a tree. *Ilhoon really did ask her... They’re together now…* He couldn’t help but feel a bit of anger build inside of him.
 
“So are you going home now?” Ilhoon asked.
You nodded. “Yeah.”
“I’ll walk you.”
 
On the way home, it felt different when you walked with Ilhoon, probably because the relationship between the two of you changed. You were getting a little hungry and you remembered about the bag of snacks you had bought which was in your hand.
 
“Are you hungry?” you asked him. “I bought some snacks from the corner store after school.”
“Is that where you were during the 15 minutes I was waiting?”
“Ehh, yeah. So I keep hearing about this rose. What did you and Jiyeon plan?”
“Well, we had a rose in your locker along with a note telling you meet me at the garden after school but apparently, someone stole it.”
“Ohh. Do you know who it was?”
“Yumi.”
“Wait, how was she able to get my combination… How were you able to get my combination?!” You pointed to him.
“From Jiyeon.”
“Ohh…” You took out a bag of cookies from the bag and handed it to him then took one out for yourself also.
“Thanks,” he said.
 
He looked over to you as you ate. You stuffed a cookie in your mouth. From your appearance on the outside, you had chubby cheeks. “Cute,” he muttered to himself.
 
“What?”
 
“I said you looked cute, the way you stuff food into your mouth and chew.” You started blushing again and stuffing more cookies into your mouth. Ilhoon laughed. 
 
After walking home, Ilhoon left and you went up to your room. Your parents weren’t home yet but it seemed like Zelo was. You your computer and went on facebook. The time was currently 4:37, which was 12:37 in California. A lot of your old friends were still on so you decided to catch up with them.
 
Another chat popped up and it was from Jiyeon.
Jiyeon: ________! So how’d it go? :D
You: How’d what go?
Jiyeon: You know, you and Ilhoon?
You: Oh
         Yeah, I said yes.
Jiyeon: Yayyyyy~ Told you you would need a dress for the dance. ;)
You: Was that the reason why you wanted to go to the mall with me?
Jiyeon: Ehehe, yeah…
 
In the middle of talking with Jiyeon and two other people, Ilhoon logged on. You smiled and started a conversation with him.
You: Hey, did you get home safely? :)
Ilhoon: Yeah ^^ What’s up?
You: Just talking with a few old friends and Jiyeon.
Ilhoon: Ohh that’s good
              Brb
 
Jiyeon: Ohh~ Ilhoon is on ;]
You: Yeah I know
Jiyeon: You two should change your relationship status :)
You: I’m not sure :/ I don’t know if Ilhoon wants it public or not
Jiyeon: Are you kidding me? Hold on. Let me talk to him.