Korean BBQ

When I'm with You

 

------------------

After school that day, you had basketball practice. So far, both the girls and boys team had lost one game. There were only a few more games until the finals and to get there the coaches made both teams practice really hard.

“Now, tomorrow’s Friday so we don’t havepractice. But over the break, I want you guys to practice on your own,” said the coach. “That is all. See you all when you all come back. Dismiss.”

Everyone started leaving to go change. Jiyeon caught up to you from behind. “Hey _______. Are you hungry? Let’s go eat Korean BBQ.” You thought it would be just her and a few other people but she ended up invited everyone from both teams.

Like the last time you all went out to eat, you were with Ilhoon at the end of the group. You never really noticed but when the two teams were together, they would make a huge ruckus wherever they went. *Were they always this noisy?* you thought.

When you had gotten to the restaurant, you sat in between Ilhoon and Minhyuk at one table and Jiyeon, Seyong, and another person sat across from you guys. Everyone ordered and the meat came and the guys started grilling them.

The scent of the meat got to you and smile rose on your face. *It smells so good.* Ilhoon must have seen your face. “Does it smell good?” he asked and you nodded. “It looks really good also.”

“Here.” He picked up a piece and held it in front of you. “It should be all cooked now.” You realized that he wanted to feed you so you opened your mouth and he placed it in. He watched you as you ate it. “Mmm. It’s good.” You gave him a thumbs up and he smiled.

“Aww, that’s cute,” said Jiyeon. “Seyong, feed me too!” She opened towards him. “Okay, here.” Seyong placed a huge piece of meat in . “Eyung! Iew  eave  ee uch a euig oise!” “What? Did you just say?” Seyong asked.

Jiyeon used her hand to block everyone from seeing her chew the huge piece of meat. When she had fully swallowed it, she smacked Seyongs arm. “You gave me such a huge piece!” Seyong laughed as she crossed her arms. “Sorry, jagiya!” He clung onto her and shook her pleading her to forgive him.

After eating for a while, Jiyeon wanted to take pictures. She took out her phone and started taking pictures of the meat then held the phone in front of you. “Say kimchi!” You held out a piece sign and smiled to the camera.

“Ohh! You and Ilhoon should take a picture together!” You motioned Ilhoon to get into the picture and he did. “Kyaa~ So cute,” she said as she looked over the picture she just took, but in the picture, she notice part of Minhyuk in it. He was looked at the two of you with the same expression had on during lunch. *There has to be something going on with him,” Jiyeon thought. She cut him out of the picture so it was just you and Ilhoon.

The next day was Friday. When you and Zelo had gotten to school, a huge crowd of people was standing in front of the bulletin board.  “What’s going on?” you asked. “I think the test rankings on up,” he replied. “You want to go see?” “Maybe later. There are too many people.” “Aren’t you curious of what rank you got though?” he asked. “I’m going to go see. See you later.” You watched as he left and join the crowd.

A pair of hands covered you eyes from behind. “Guess who?” the voice behind you said. “Ermm,” you held a finger to your chin. “Is it JR?” you said. “What?!” The person turned you around. “Why would it be JR?” said Ilhoon. “I was just kidding.” You laughed.

“Did you look at the rankings yet?” You shook your head, “Have you?” you asked. “Not yet. Last year I was 98th place and considering that there are smarter people this year, I’m probably not even on the list.” “Well you wouldn’t know unless you find out,” you said.

The bell rang and the two of you separated to go to class. When you got to the room, everyone was whispering and staring at you. *What rumor is spreading around now.* you thought. You sat down on your desk and Zelo went up to you. “Nice job.” “For what?” you asked. “See for yourself when you look at the rankings,” he said and went back to his seat. The teacher came in and started class.

During class, the teacher was just giving lectures and you were dosing off. But somewhere in the room, you heard your name being spoken. “Look at ______. How was she able to get so high in the ranking? It doesn’t even look like she’s paying attention in class.” You looked up at the person and she awkwardly looked away and pretended to look at the teacher.

Once lunch started, you ran to the bulletin board. You started from the top of the list and moved your finger down along with the names. “4, Byun, Baekhyun. 5, Jung, Eunji. 6, Im, Siwan.  7, Yang, Seungho. 8, Choi, _______. 9, Shin, Soohyun… Wait, what’s my name? I’m Choi, _______. Choi, _______ is 8th place. I’m in 8th place in the ranking? Top 10?” You tilted your head and just stared at your name there.

Someone appeared next to you and you looked up at that person. “Surprised?” you nodded. “What rank did you get?” you asked. He moved to the right and you followed him until he stopped. “All the way over here.” Zelo pointed to his name. “68th place? Haha Loser.” “Whatever nerd.” You stuck your tongue out at him and he stuck it back at you.

-Skips to afterschool-

Right when school ended, you went straight home with Zelo. You need to pack before your parents get back home and find out that you didn’t when they told you to. You weren’t sure of what to bring so you just anything even though it was unnecessary.

At that time, Ilhoon was trying to call you since he couldn’t find you afterschool. You forgot all about your phone and where it was so you weren’t able to answer it.

You heard your parents go through the front door and you quickly zipped up your suit case. “_______! Zelo! Are you guys ready? Let’s go now or we’ll be late.” “Coming!” You grabbed your suitcase and went down the stairs followed by Zelo.