A Burst of Pain

When I'm with You
 
-----------------------------
The four of you arrived at the rec center and went in to find the others. The guys led you to where they were and opened the door to go in and you followed in after them. "Hey, you guys are here. And you brought ______," said Eunkwang. 
 
"Yup," replied Minhyuk. You looked around the room trying to see if Changsub was in the room. *Is he here?* You thought. "Where's Changsub?" "He went to buy drinks for us." Hyungsik answered.  "Oh." You went over and sat down on the table in the room.
 
"So when's the next dance competion?" you asked. "Next week," Sungjae answered. "You're coming to watch us right?" 
 
Your shoulders shrank. "But next week are finals. I need to study."  "Oh c'mon, it's just for a few hours. Think of it as having a break," said Sungjae.
 
Changsub then entered the room with a bag full of bottles of water. "Hey, I'm back. Man these are heavy." He put the bag on the table and then noticed you. "Oh, hey ______." 
 
"Erm, hi," you replied. You would think that he would flick your forehead by now but to your surprise, he just left you there. *Did he forget?* You just kept quiet and hoped that he really did forget.
 
After the guys practiced, they all sat down to rest. "So I hear that your school dance in coming up in a few weeks," said Sungjae. "Yeah, it is," answered Ilhoon. "Are you planning on going this year?"
 
Eunkwang who was sitting next to Ilhoon nudged him. "You know. With her?" Eunkwang said quietly and slighly moved his head to direction of you. "What gives off the idea of me wanting to go with _______?"
 
"It's totally obvious. We all see the way you look at her." Ilhoon took a sip of his water. "We'll help you." "Do I really need that much help? I mean Jiyeon is already helping me... And I didn't even ask her to," said Ilhoon. "The more help the better right?" Eunkwang laughed.
 
"What are you guys talking about?" Hyungsik spoke loud enough for the two of them to break their quiet conversation. "Nothing, let's just continue proacticing." They all got up again and music started playing.
 
You watched as they moved in sync and your eyes suddenly drifted towards Ilhoon. Something about the way he danced caught your eye at the time. When the song ended, you didn't notice that you were still staring at him. You broke your daze when Ilhoon suddenly looked towards you. You figited as you tryed to act normal as if you weren't watching him in the first place.
 
"So who are you going to ask for your date this time Minhyuk?" asked Changsub. "I don't know yet."  The person that came into Minhyuk's head first was you. But that option would'nt be possible because of Ilhoon.
 
"Are you really going to go without a date this time? If you did, all the girls would be all over you at the dance." Peniel laughed. "And abandon their dates for you." "There's still a lot of time. I'll get one before time runs out," said Minhyuk.
 
Suddenly Sungjae sat next to you. "So ______. Are you going? I mean if you are, I could be your da- OUCH!" Eunkwang had thrown his empty bottle at him. "Stop trying to go to the dance with her. You don't even go to their school." He secretly motioned Sungjae at Ilhoon. For a second, he didn't understand what he meant but when he did he rubbed the place where he had gotten hit. "You could have just told me earlier..." Sungjae mumbled.
 
It was getting late. Everyone was putting their things away. Everyone was leaving one by one. Changsub and you were the last ones to leave and before you two headed out the door, Changsub called out your name behind you. "Hey _______." You turned around and you felt a sudden burst of pain occur on your forehead. You brought your hands up to your head and rubbed the spot that was flicked by Changsub. 
 
"Oh my gosh, that freakin' hurts!" You dropped down and squatted while still in pain. Changsub was still behind you. "You've finally gotten your punishment! HAHA." You stood back up once the pain faded away. You sighed. "Well I guess, I would have to get it sooner or later." You two went out and met up with the others outside. 
 
"Woah ______. Did Changsub finally get you?" Peniel laughed. "You have a red spot right in the middle of your forehead," Ilhoon pointed out. "What?! Really?" You took out your phone and tried to see your reflection through it. "Aish! A bruise is going to be there..."  "I didn't think it would leave a bruise," said Changsub.  "Well, it did. You happy now?" 
 
"Sorry about that." Changsub apologized. "... It's okay, I'll just use make up to cover it up. No biggie. It still really hurts though," you said. "Then would ice cream make it feel better? I'll treat you because I feel back for hurting you." Your face lit up and nodded. 
 
And like Changsub said, he really did buy you ice cream. For a moment, you forgot about the pain. It was only when you put pressure on your forehead that it would hurt. The rest of the guys had to buy their own ice cream because Changsub wouldn't pay for them.
 
When it was time to go home, you ended up walking home with Minhyuk like before.  "Does your forehead still hurt?" he asked. "Not as much as before, you replied." "That's good."
 
"Just curious but, who'd you go to the dance with in the previous dances?" you asked. "Just these girls that were in my class. Nothing special."
 
"This may be a really awkward question for he," Minhyuk started, "But what do you think of Ilhoon?" You didn't say anything and he looked towards you.  "Well, he's a really nice and caring guy..." You really didn't want to expose your feelings to him.
 
"And what about me?"
 
"Erm... You're... Why are you asking me these questions?" you asked. "I just want to know what you think of me and Ilhoon," he said.
 
"Oh look! Here's where I turn the corner of the street. See you tomorrow!" You quickly headed off so you wouldn't have to answer the question. You sighed in relief and continued walking home.