Reunited with Best Friends

When I'm with You

 

 
--------------
You got on the plane and took the window seat and sat next to Zelo. Your mom was the flight attendant for this plane and your dad was the pilot. It’s nice to know that since your dad was a pilot. You and Zelo were able to get on the plane for free.
 
A while after the plane took off, you brought out your laptop. “Can’t wait until we get off this plane,” said Zelo. “Why?” you asked. “There’s nothing to do here! And since things were so rushed, I didn’t plan on bring anything to do here.” “You should have brought your laptop here,” you said.
 
“But I don’t have a laptop and I can’t bring my entire computer on the plane,” he replied.
“Haha er,” you said and Zelo lightly pushed you. “Just let me use yours.”
“But I’m using it.” “Share it with me.” “No, do something else instead.” “You’re not going to be using it the entire time we’re on the plane!” “Maybe I am!”
 
“Excuse me.” You and Zelo looked up to see your mom standing in front of the two of you. “Please, no yelling on the plane.”
 
The two of you smiled and apologized. “I better not be hearing you two fight. _______ just let your brother use your laptop.” “Okay, mom,” you replied. “See you guys later,” your mom said and left.
 
You opened up facebook and at that time, it was 3AM in the states. Ailee was on and you started a chat with her.
You:Hey, you’re still on? Isn’t like 3 in the morning where you are.
Ailee:hehe yeah. Just finishing up a drama.
*Like always* you thought.
Ailee:So what’s up?
You:I’m on the plane now.
Ailee:oh really? Where are you going?
You:Back to California
Ailee:What?! You’re coming back!?
You:Just for a week. It’s my aunts wedding and my family has to go.
Ailee:We need to hand out at least once when you come back.
You:of course ;)
 
Another chat popped up indicating it was from Ilhoon.
Ilhoon:Hey _______
Me:Hey^^ What’s up?
Ilhoon:  I was looking for you afterschool and I also tried calling you but you didn’t answer.
*I wonder where my phone went… Whatever I’ll look for it when I get back. It’s not like I could use it in the states anyways.*
Me:I’m sorry, I had to leave to catch my flight and I was no idea where my phone went
Ilhoon:Ohh, well have fun :)
Me:thanks. You’re still going to the dance right?
Ilhoon:I don’t think I’ll be going anymore
Me:No! You should go! I heard it’s going to be lots of fun.
Ilhoon:But you’re not going
Me:Don’t let me ruin things for you :( Who needs a date to go anyways xD haha bring btob with you :) They’d make it even more fun. & who knows, I might just appear all of a sudden.
Ilhoon:fine, I’ll go. but you’ll have to make it up to me big time when you come back.
Me:of course ^^
 
Hours on the plane past and you fell asleep. Before you knew it, the plane was landing. After getting of the plane and collecting your luggage, you, Zelo, and your parents met up with your uncle.
“Who’s he?” your uncle pointed to Zelo. “…That’s Zelo. Did you forget?,” you replied.
“Oh no wonder I couldn’t recognize him. He got taller… and his hair…” he said.
He drove you guys to his house where you’d be staying for the time that you were staying here.
 
Your uncle was the one who drove you to the airport when you were moving to Korea. He was also the relative that you were staying with. In his house, you had your own room with a bunk bed in it. You shared the room with Zelo when he visited before while your parents stayed in his guest room.
 
Once you got to his house, you ran up those familiar stairs and straight to your old room. You opened to door to see that it was just exactly the same as it was before you left. You jumped onto the bed and stayed there for a while exhausted.
 
Zelo came up and put it stuff down. “Get up, I’m taking the bottom bunk.” “No.” “Move now or I’ll use my secret weapon.” You took your pillow and threw it at him. He ran to you and started tickling you. You started laughing nonstop.  “HAHAHA DUDE STOP,” but he continued. “This is what you get for not giving me the bottom bunk.”  “HAHAHA SERIOUSLY!” You kicked him in the nuts and he stopped but fell on the bed. “Not cool…” You took a look at his face and you could totally tell that he was in pain. “I didn’t want the bottom bunk anyways,” you said as you got off the bed and started unpacking your things.
 
You took out the dress Jiyeon had gotten for you and placed it in the closet. “You brought the dress with you?” Zelo asked after recovering. You nodded,” I thought since, I wasn’t going to the dance anymore, might as well put to good use and wear it to the wedding instead.
 
Your aunts wedding went well and you got to see most of your family members again. What you thought was funny was how everyone was staring at Zelo’s hair. It may be normal to you but to other people, it was out of the ordinary. The combination of Zelo’s tallness and his noodle like blonde hair attracted many people’s attention. And since he was sticking to you wherever you went, it felt weird.
 
Everyone was outside the church and the bride and groom were greeting the guests. While waiting for them to get to you, you heard a voice call your name. “________!”
 
You turned around and to your surprise, you saw an old friend of yours. “Abby!” Abby was the groom’s sister’s daughter. She ran up to you and hugged you. “I didn’t know you were back!” “Didn’t Ailee tell you?” you asked and she shook her head. “I’m so glad you’re back! We need to hang out like now… Or maybe after this wedding if you have time,” she laughed.
 
She looked over to Zelo. He was just standing there awkwardly looking around. “Who’s he? Is he the boyfriend I’ve been hearing about?” “WHAT?! HELL NO!” She laughed. “I thought so. He could never be your… type.” “He’s Zelo, my brother,” you introduced Zelo to her. She looked at him weirdly. “He looks… different from the photos I’ve seen online.” “Those were before he dyed his hair,” you replied.
 
“Ah, okay. So there’s a party tonight. You think you can make it?” she asked you.
“Where is it at?” “You remember Charlie?” “The guy who set off the fire alarm in the 7th grade?” She nodded. “He’s hosting the party at his house. Everyone is going to be there.” She could tell that you were hesitant. “C’mon, it’ll just be like old times. And… you could bring Zelo if you want… but I don’t think he’ll have that much fun.” “Why would I want to take him with me?” you laughed.
 
“Sure. I guess I could go. AIiee and Katie are going right?”  “Of course,” she answered.
 
After the wedding, your family went to eat out. When you had gotten back home, you went to change quickly then headed to the front door. “______, where are you going?” your mom asked. “I’m going to a party with Ailee and them.” “Make sure you just get back before 10pm,” your dad popped in and said. “I don’t want you staying out so late.” “Got it,” you said and tried to leave again but stopped by Zelo. “Could I use your laptop while you’re gone?” he asked. You nodded and finally left.
 
Abby had given you the address of the party back at the wedding. You were familiar with the streets so you couldn’t possibly get lost. When you had gotten to the house, you could hear the music playing and people talking inside.
 
You rang the door bell but the door didn’t open. *Can they even hear the doorbell?* you thought. You kept ringing it until finally someone opened the door. “You can stop ringing it now or you’re going to brea- _______?! You’re back?!” “Surprise?” you said.
 
He left you in and closed the door behind you. “Haven’t seen you in a while,” he said. “Same to you,” you replied while looking for your friends. “Do you know where Ailee, Katie, and Abby are?” “They were in the kitchen the last time I saw them,” he replied. “Thanks,” you said and left him.
 
As you passed by familiar people, they greeted you and you greeted back. They were all surprised that you were back and here at the party.
 
“_______!!!” The three best friends of yours gave you a bear hug. “Oh my gosh. We missed you soooo much.” “Same to you guys,” you replied.
 
“I still can’t believe you got a boyfriend,” said Katie. “What’s so hard to believe?” you laughed. “I don’t know, it’s just before you moved, you weren’t even that interested in dating anyone. With you it was always kpop, school, or sports,” she replied.
 
“Let’s just say I made mostly guy friends,” you said. “I can totally see that,” Ailee said. She was on her phone browsing the photos you were in. Your two other friends huddled next to her to look.
 
You took a peek at it and saw that she was looking at pictures from when you were in the BBQ restaurant. “So that’s your boyfriend right?” She pointed to Ilhoon on the phone and you nodded. Abby sighed. “Seriously, why can’t guys here be this cute?”
 
They then noticed Minhyuk sitting on the other side of you. “Is he also one of your friends?” Jiyeon asked. “Yeah, that’s Minhyuk,” you said. “Ohh, he looks really cute,” she smiled. “If I ever go to Korea, would you hook me up with him?” You laughed. “It’s possible I guess. But at school, Minhyuk gets a lot of confessions from girls and he turns them all down.” “Is he that popular?” Katie asked and you shrugged.
 
You guys caught up with each other and talked about old memories. “Oh look who’s here,” said Abby. The four of you looked over to the room next to the kitchen to see L.Joe and his friends there. They all looked at you and you were looking down to the floor.
 
The three of them all knew you had a crush on L.Joe before. “You still like him do you?” said Katie. “I think I forgot to tell you guys something,” you smiled and laughed awkwardly. “What is it?”
 
You told them about the time where you were on the plane and how L.Joe confessed to you. (Refer back to chapter 2 if you don’t remember. :)
 
“How can you forget to tell us such a thing!” said Ailee. “I’m sorry! It just escaped out of my mind,” you said. “If you think about it, since L.Joe has feelings for you and if you still have feelings for him, if you didn’t go to Korea you two might have been a couple!” said Katie.  “Doesn’t matter now~ Cause she has that Ilhoon guy,” said Abby. “Hey, shut up, he’s coming over here,” said Jiyeon.
 
L.Joe went over to the four of you. “Hey girls.” He looked over to you. “_________, I didn’t know you were back.” “Yeah, well not everyone knew,” you replied. “Ohh,” he nodded. “I’ll see you guys later maybe,” he said and walked away. “He just totally acted like normal,” said Abby. “Or do you think what he told you before was just a joke?”
 
Nothing really interesting happened afterwards. When the party ended, you just went home. You opened the door and Zelo was there sitting on the couch, watching TV. “Can you even know what they’re saying?” you asked him. “Nope, all I know is that the girl in it is hot.” “Okay then…” You started going up the stairs. “Wait! _______, Guess what.” “What?” “Chicken .” You rolled your eyes and continued up the stairs. “No! That’s not really what.” “Then what is it?” you asked.
 
“There’s a possibility that you might be able to go to the dance.”  You raised a brow. “There is?”