Wet Dog

When I'm with You

-------------------------
After eating, Deullie had some leftovers in his bowl along with some water next to it. Before you were able to pick up the two bowls, he ran between them which caused a dirty mess on the floor. “Deullie… You made a mess on the floor.” Either he didn’t seem to care about it or he just ignored you and continued running around the house.
 
The food mixed with the water which made it soggy. “This looks disgusting…” You quickly grabbed a towel to clean it up but in the progress of doing so, Deuling thought it would be nice to play with you at that moment. He ran over to you while slipping on the wet mess and slid on the floor. “Noooo, you just made the mess worse!” That was when he realized that you were upset with him. So he just sat there with that cute puppy face of his.
 
With that, you just couldn’t get mad at him. “You know what? I should wash you before you mess up the furniture.” You pointed to him. “Sit there and don’t move so I can clean this up quick.” Deullie just barked and sat there.
 
After cleaning it up, you took him upstairs to your bathroom and started the water. Turning around you see Deullie against the corner of the wall. “Why are you there? Come on, you need to be cleaned.” You tried to pick him and he started to yelp. “What’s wrong?” You realized that he might not like the idea of getting wet. But there really is nothing much you can do about it. As you brought him closer to the water, he started to bark and struggle in your hands.
 
When Zelo had gotten home, they heard a dog barking inside the house. He heard it coming from the second floor of the house then followed the sound the bathroom.
 
“_________?”
“Huh?” *Is that Zelo?* You put the puppy down and went out while closing the door behind you. You saw Zelo was standing there.
“Did I hear a dog in there?” he asked.
“Errr, yeah. I found this dog outside our house and it was there for a while so I thought it was hungry so I took him in and fed him but then he got all dirty and stuff so I’m trying to wash him now.”
“Ahh... What kind of dog is it?”
“I think it’s a golden retriever.” You heard Deullie scratching the door behind you so you opened it and out came the puppy.
“Awww, he’s cute.” Zelo bent down and picked him up. “Are you keeping him?”
“Sort of. Well, since I’m not sure if it’s homeless doggy or not, I’ll have to print and post up poster in the neighborhood to see if anyone claims him. If no one does claim him and if mom and dad let, we might be able to keep him.”
 
“Did you need help cleaning him?” Zelo asked.
“If you want to help, you can. It looks like Deulllie doesn’t want to get into the water.”
“Deullie? That’s what you named him?”
“What’s wrong with it? Ilhoon and I named it.”
“You were with Ilhoon?”
“Yeah, he helped him watch Deullie while I went into a store to buy dog food.”
 
You and Zelo went into the bathroom. You stood behind as Zelo tried to put Deullie in the tub. The puppy still wiggled in his hands and on accident, Zelo dropped him and he fell right into the tub.
“Zelo!” You slapped his arm and push him aside to see if the puppy was okay.
“I’m sorry! He was just moving too much.” Luckily Deullie was able to swim to the surface of the water. You guessed that he was now okay since he was in the water and started to swim around.
“Look, he’s fine. And he got me all wet,” said Zelo.
 
Suddenly you felt a huge splash of water fall upon you. Deullie jumped out of the tub and onto the floor. “Wait! NO! You’re going to get the entire bathroom wet!” you said as if he would be able to understand you.
“________! You left the door open! He’s going to leave a mess,” said Zelo.
 
Before you knew it, Deullie ran out of the room leaving a trail of water behind him.
“Zelo, you clean up the trail of water and I’ll try to get Deullie.” He agreed and you grabbed a towel and went off to get Deullie. He was in your parents’ room. You started to chase after him but he would run away. To him, it was a game of catch. “Come on, I need to get you dried off before my parents see.” You cornered him and was going to use your towel to wrap him around in but in a second, he went between your legs and escaped out of the room. You face palmed yourself. *Why did I leave the door open again…* You looked around the room. * I better tell Zelo to wipe the water in this room.
 
Zelo was leaving the bathroom. “Where did he go?”
“I don’t know but you need to wipe the floor in mom and dad’s room.”
“You know what, I’ll get him and you clean,” said Zelo. “You’re too slow.”
“Whatever.” You stuck your tongue out at him.