Basketball

When I'm with You

-----------------
The next day, you went to school with Zelo. Usually he'd ride his skateboard to school but today he wanted to walk with you. During the 15 minute walk, we started messing with each other again and somehow we started a tickle fight. That's the kind of relationship we have. You calmed down as you both arrive at the gate, people started staring and whispering to each other.

You nudged Zelo," Why are they staring at me? Do I look weird or something?"

"Just ignore them, whatever they're saying is probably just rumors," he replied back. 

The bell rang and you guys headed to first period. As you walk pass people in the hallways, you receive glares from the students. When you got to the classroom, you and Zelo both entered together. You heard someone gasp and heard more whispering as you were walking towards your seat.  Zelo walked over while you were taking out your books from your backpack. "I forgot to tell you, Hoya told me that we're eating over at his house tonight. So we need to head over there together after school," he said. "Okay." you said back to him. You look up so see your classmates staring at you.

There was finally a group of girls who spoke loud enough for you to hear their whispering. You finally find out the reason behind the whispers and stares. "Do you think Zelo and the new girl are really going out?" "Yeah, my friend said that she saw them laughing and tickling each other while walking to school." "And Zelo doesn't really have any interactions with girls." 

They saw you look at them and they quickly got quiet and went back to their seats. You rolled your eyes, *People should really check their data and not make assumptions.*

JR entered the classroom and sat down. "Hey, so when were you gonna tell me you were dating your brother?" he asked.

"Never, because it's not true," you said with a serious face. 

"I know, I was just playing with you," he smiled.

"It's funny how people start rumors from what they just see." you complained. 

"Don't worry, once they find out that you're his sister, everything will go back to normal." JR reassured. 

Class started and the teacher assigned a mini class project. You were paired up with JR because you were sitting next to each other. While working on the project, you guys got to know each other more.  

During lunch, you sat with Zelo and his friends. They included you in their conversation so you wouldn't feel left out.

"Hey _______, remember that one chubby guy I brought over to our house that one time you came to visit?" asked Zelo.

"The guy who wore glasses?" Zelo nodded, "Yeah, what about him?" you asked. 

"That's him," he pointed to his friend in front of you.

"What! Seriously? You're the guy who broke my doll when we were younger?" Zelo laughed and the conversation went on.

(A/N: Pictures if you don't know what I'm walking about ;) Past  & Present. Imagine the past picture when he was like 6 years old.)

In PE, everyone ran laps. After running, you would be sitting on the bench watching other girls play basketball and on the other side of the yard, guys. You really wanted to play with them, but you didn't want to be rejected by them. You weren't the only one sitting, there was a group of girls two benches next to you. You could hear them gossip.

Then hear the coach scream, "Hey! You're suppose to be active in PE!" The other girls quickly left the bench and joined the girls who were playing. He pointed towards you and motioned you to follow him. He led you to the the basketball court where the girls were.

"Let _____ join your game," he said to one of the girls. "Sure, you'll be on my team," she replied and the coach left. The game was 5 vs. 5. You were the tallest among your team, so they made you do the jump ball. 

The coach threw the ball into the air and you hit the ball to your team. They caught it and started dribbling to the hoop while passing the ball to the other team members. While playing, the coach was watching you. So were the guys on the other court. Zelo saw you and smiled, happy that you were getting involved with other students. Peniel, Minhyuk, and Ilhoon were also on the other court watching. People were impressed by your skills.  When the game had finished, your team had won. You've made half of the total points your team made.

"_______!" you turned around to see one of your team members. "Good job," she gave you a thumbs up and left.

Next, your coach called you over, " ______. I was watching you play and you seem like a really good player. Are you interested in playing for the school girl's basketball team?"

"What?" you questioned.

"With you on the team, we might be able to be first place."

At that moment, Peniel, Minhyuk, and Ilhoon walked over to talk to the coach. Peniel and Ilhoon waved to you and of course Minhyuk just stood there.

"Hey coach, we did what you asked us to do and found people we thought we be good on the team," said Ilhoon and he handed him the paper which contained all the names.

"Great, now if ______ here decided to join the girl's team, everything would be perfect." said the coach.

"You should join the team, extracurricular activities are really good for colleges," Peniel said to you.

"The best part is that at the end of the season, both girls and boys team gets to go on a 3 night four day trip to play 2 other teams. After we play them, we get to stay in a hotel and do whatever we want until we leave. They have awesome restaurants there and also an amusement park. The last time we went, it was awesome," said Ilhoon. 

"Really?" you asked.

"That is if we make it to the finals," Minhyuk scoffed. 

"And that's why, we need you, _______," said the coach.