The Only Students in School

When I'm with You
------------------------------
 
Today, the entire school was going on a field trip. Every year the students would get on a schol bus and go to a festival.  You were lining up to get on when a teacher blocked your way. "I'm sorry but _______, you're not permitted to get on this bus." "What? Why not?" you said.
 
"If you had read the field trip form you would know. Now come follow me." You followed the teacher back into the building. He brought you to a room where surprisingly was where Minhyuk was also.  "Sit." You sat down in a seat next to Minhyuk. "Students who have gotten in trouble for more than three times or more are not allowed to go on the field trip. "Are you serious?"
 
"Yes, now the teacher who will be watching you guys will arrive soon," he said and left. "AISH, and I thought I would get to have the day off from school," you said. "Actually, this is way better than going on the field trip," said Minhyuk. You turned your head to him. "How?" you asked.
 
"The festival's really boring. There's nothing to do there. The place is prety far so they'd get back really late. I'd rather just stay in school and leave early," he said. "Oh... I guess if you put it that way staying at school sounds better... Where's Ilhoon and Peniel?" "Peniel went back to the states and Ilhoon is sick so he stayed home,"he replied. "Aww, so I'm stuck with you for the entire day," you said.
 
The teacher came in and handed us worksheets. "This is something just to keep you guys occupied." Minhyuk raised his hand, "Can we watch a movie?" "No." "But it's not like we're going to learn anything today anyways."  "No is no." 
 
"Ughhh." Minhyuk plopped down on the table. "Nice try," you said to him.
 
After 15 minutes, both of you had finished working on the worksheet. "Teacher! We're both done." She took our papers. "Then you guys can go out and play or something until lunch. DON'T cause any trouble."
 
Both of you left the room.  "Now what?" you asked. "Let's just walk around. It's weird having only the two of us in the halls."
 
You guys went out to the bleachers and sat down.It got awkward between you two. So you took out your phone and just played with it.  Minhyuk couldn’t stand silence. “So…” “So,” you mimicked him.
 
“What are you doing?” he asked. “Nothing, you replied.” He tried to look over your shoulder to see what you were really doing. You looked at him and tried to hide your phone from him.
 
“Wow, is that what you do when you’re bored?” he said. You were looking at pictures of 2PM on tumblr. “Well there really isn’t anything else to do right now.”
 
“Let’s play ball. One on one.” He got up and you followed him. “Sure… Do you have a basketball?” “No. Do I look like a kind of person who carries a basketball with them wherever they go?” “Just wondering.” He started walking into the gym and you followed him. He went over to the shed where they kept all the equipment. 
 
“It’s locked,” he said.  “Well you wouldn’t expect them to leave it open so anyone could play with them," you said. “Do you have a paper clip for anything?” he asked you. “What are you trying to pick the lock again?”
 
You looked at him and he kept coming closer and closer and brought his arms around you to the back of your head. You closed your eyes and you could feel the redness rushing to your cheeks. You had opened your eyes and he was gone. He had taken off the bobby pin on the back of your head and went to unlock the lock. When he had finally opened it, he went in grabbed a ball and locked the lock back.
 
“Let’s go,” he said.
 
You guys went back out to play. “Are we playing half court?” you asked. “Yeah.” You guys started playing. It was a scorching hot day so after 10 minutes, both of you were already tired. “Why is it so hot today…” You said while dragging your body to try to run after him. You gave up and stood on the grass next to the backboard of the hoop where there was shade. Minhyuk threw the ball and the ball hit the ring. It bounced off and hit your head which caused you to fall down to your onto the ground.
 
“Owwww.” You said while rubbing your head. Minhyuk laughed. “Are you okay? Do you need an ice pack or something?” “My head and hurts.” You were also feeling a little dizzy.
 
He held out a hand to you and you took it. “Ahhh.” While he tried to pull you up, he lost balance which caused you to fall back down with him on top of you. Both of you were in that position for a while. The eye contact between you didn’t break during that time and your heart started to beat really quickly. *His eyes…* On the hand, Minhyuk felt the same thing. *What is this feeling I’m getting when I’m this close to her…*
 
You snapped out of your thoughts. “Ermm…Mind getting off me now? You’re kind of heavy…” 
 
“Oh, um… yeah, sorry.” He got off of you then lended you a hand to help you get up. This time he was more careful.
 
“What time is it?” You asked. “It’s 11:48,” he replied. “Oh. Then we should get lunch. Let’s go.” 
 
The two of you walked over to the cafeteria to eat lunch. It was ridiculously quiet. Even more quiet than before. You were eating and so was he. There wasn’t much to talk about anyways when the both of you were deep in thought about the incident the whole time.
 
After eating, you guys went back to the classroom. The teacher was there but she had told both of you to just go home.
“YES!” You screamed and ran out the door. *Where is she running to?* Minhyuk thought. It was so frreak’in hot so you wanted to go home where there was cool air and where you could just relax. While walking home, you received a call from Minhyuk.
 
“What do you want?” you said. “Hey, I just wanted to know where you were running to so fast,” he said. “I just wanted to go home. Why?” “Just wondering,” you said. “Is that it? If it is I’ll hang up-“ “Could I hang at your house?” he asked. “What? Why?” you questioned.
 
“Well, Peniel is in the states, Ilhoon is sick, the other guys are probably still in school. So basically the only option is you.” He said.  “Umm… sure… I guess you can come over. Where are you?” you asked. “The school’s front gate,” he replied.  “Okay, so just go right and head straight for 5 blocks till you get to (A name of a street). I’ll meet you at the store there.” You hung up. You were now at the store you were talking about. 
 
You went in and went to the aisle with the freezers. You scan through each column in search for ice cream. You needed something cold on this day. You were about to take out the strawberry flavored ice cream but stopped. *Wait, would Minhyuk want any? Does he like strawberry flavored ice cream?* You thought and shrugged. *­­­Who cares, I’m the person paying for it.*
 
10 minutes later, Minhyuk arrived. You went outside to meet him. “So why did we meet here?” he asked. “I went in to buy something,” you said.
 
The both of you started walking back to your house. When you were in front of the house, the door and gates were already opened. *Did someone rob our house?!* You ran in and Minhyuk followed after you. You saw suitcases. *Suitcases… Are mom and dad back?*