Minhyuk's Flashback

When I'm with You

----------------------------
You left the cinema and went home and so did Minhyuk and Ilhoon.
“Hey Minhyuk,” said Ilhoon.
“What?”
“Why do you care so much for _______? You usually aren’t like that.”
“What are you talking about? Like you said before, _______’s our friend and-”
“What I’m trying to say is,” *I can’t believe I’m asking him this* he thought. “Do you have feelings for ______?”
“You’re joking right?” Ilhoon shook his head. “Just answer me.”
“Why do you want to know?” Minhyuk tried to avoid the question.
“Dude, we’re best friends. We tell each other everything.”
*I’m not actually sure yet…* he thought. “No…. I don’t. Happy now that I have answered?” said Minhyuk.
“Yeah. Now I need to tell you something.” Said Ilhoon.
“What is it?” Minhyuk asked.
“I think I have a crush on ________.”
 
Minhyuk got home and headed towards his room. He put down his backpack and sat down on his chair. *Ilhoon likes _______... Ilhoon likes ________... Why do I feel soweird about it?* He went to his shelf and took out a book. He turned to a specific page where a photo had been placed. The picture has probably been about 2 years old. He took it out and looked at it. It was a picture of him and his ex-girlfriend. They were in a photo booth when they had taken the picture. Both of them were close to each other and smiling to the camera. But that was before he found out about her.
 
-Flashback-
“Minhyuk! Wait!” A girl called for Minhyuk but he kept walking away. “Minhyuk!”
The girl pulled his shoulder back. “Let me explain.”
“Eunmi, I don’t need you to explain! I know everything that has been going on! You’ve been cheating on me and JR.
“How did you-“
 “I knew about it the entire time and now I’ve had it.”
 
JR from a distance saw them and walked up to them. He went next to Eunmi and put his arm around her. “Hey babe, how do you know Minhyuk?”
*I can’t believe this.* Minhyuk thought. He turned around and left.
“Did I say something wrong?” said JR.
Eunmi ran off after Minhyuk leaving JR there.
“Wait! Eunmi! Where are you going?!” JR went to chase after her.
 
Eunmi spotted Minhyuk right after he crossed the street. “Minhyuk!” He couldn’t hear her because he had his earphones in his ears. Without looking both ways, she ran after him and JR was running after her. “Eunmi! NO!” JR screamed. Eunmi stopped in the middle of the street and looked back at JR. *What?* she thought. At that moment, a bright light shined onto her and a loud beep occurred. The next thing she knew, she was out.
 
Minhyuk, only being about to hear his music, heard a sudden crash. He turned around to see a crowd of people along the street. He walked back to see what was going on. As he got closer to the crowd, he heard JR.
“Eunmi! Don’t die on me! Please! Someone call the ambulance!” Minhyuk stood there in shock. JR was holding onto Eunmi. She had been unconscious and had scratches on her face and red spots of blood on her.
 
The ambulance finally came. They took her in the vehicle along with JR to the hospital. Minhyuk was still shocked. *Did she get hit because of me?*
 
It was Saturday, a few days after the accident had happened. Minhyuk felt guilty after what happened so he decided to go visit Eunmi at the hospital. From what he had heard, Eunmi was still alive and he was relieved. Along the way, he bought flowers and when he had gotten to the hospital, he asked the front desk what her room number was. Minhyuk had gotten to the correct room number. He looked through the window to see JR and Eunmi laughing happily together. *Why did I put up with her this whole time.* he thought. He knock on her door and a voice inside told him to come in.   
 
“Minhyuk.” Eunmi was surprised to see him here.
“Minhyuk, what are you doing here?” JR asked.
“To come visit. Here are some flowers.” He handed them to her.
“Aww, thanks,” she replied.
“Eunmi, you’re hungry right? I’ll get you something to eat from the kitchen,” said JR.
“Okay!” JR left the room leaving Minhyuk and Eunmi there together.
“So, how have you been doing?” Minhyuk asked.
“Pretty good. Just a few places on my body hurt, I can handle it.”
“Good. Hope you get better soon. C’ya around.” Minhyuk turned around to leave.
“Wait Minhyuk.” He stopped in his tracks. “At least let me tell you what I’ve wanted to tell you.”
He thought it could be the least he could do since he was the one who caused this, so he walked back to her.
“Minhyuk, I just wanted to say sorry. Sorry for everything I have done to hurt you. Would you forgive me so everything can get back to normal? Just like how everything was before, when we were happy together. I could leave JR if you want! Just don’t leave me.”
 
The both of you heard a crash. Minhyuk turned around to see JR. He dropped the tray of food onto the floor. JR turned back and ran off. “Eunmi, I don’t feel the same way towards you anymore. It’s been a long time since I have. I think we should just go our separate ways.” Minhyuk left and Eunmi started to tear up all by herself in the room.
 
When Minhyuk got out of the hospital, he was grabbed by JR by his shirt collar. “You know, I felt something going on between the two of you. I was never sure about anything though, but now I am. Do you know how much I love her? How much I had to do to get her? Now you ruined everything for us.” JR’s fist hit Minhyuk’s face and he fell back. “Well you don’t have to worry about me anymore,” said Minhyuk.
“What are you saying? I heard the conversation you two had. She’s going to leave me because of you!”
“I’m not together with her anymore. So you don’t need to worry about me interfering.” Minhyuk smirked and walked away.
 
After Eunmi was released from the hospital, she moved away. No one knows where. Minhyuk never got to see her again. She and JR were not together anymore. Minhyuk and JR never really got along together after what had happened.
 
-End Flashback-
 
He crumbled the picture and threw it at the trash bin. *Why did I keep that picture?* Minhyuk thought.
 
He laid on top of his bed and closed his eyes. *The feelings I get when I’m with ______... It felt like the feeling I felt before I found out Eunmi had been cheating on me.*