Eating Out

When I'm with You
-----------------------------
 
The basketball team got off the bus and started walking to the restaurant. You ended up walking with Ilhoon again because Zelo went back to his friends. When you guys had arrived, everyone started going inside. Ilhoon ran to open the door for you. “Ladies first.” He held the door for you. “Thanks.” You went in and he went in after you.
 
You followed the members in front. Since the group was too big, you had to separate into different tables. Everyone took their separate tables and there weren’t any left for you and Ilhoon. The girl who invited you guys awkwardly stand there so figured that you two needed help.
 
“Hey, do you guys need to find a seat?” she asked. “Hmm… I don’t think there are any free tables left…” She continued to look. “There are two empty seats over there!” She pointed to two empty seats where a couple from the team sat.
 
There spaces between the tables were quite crowded. “Let’s go,” Ilhoon grabbed your hand and led you to the table. You and Ilhoon walked over there. Your eyes widened at the fact that Ilhoon was holding your hand. Your face turned a little pink.
 
He let go when the two of you finally arrived at the table and the couple stopped talking. “You don’t mind if we sit here right? There aren’t any other tables to sit at,” Ilhoon asked them. “No, sit,” said the girl “Yeah Ilhoon, It’s totally fine,” the guy said after. You and Ilhoon sat down.
 
The waitress arrived handed you the menus along with a glass of water for each person. She took the table’s orders, then took back the menus and left. After that, no one was talking in your table.
Ilhoon nudged you and whispered into your ear, “Awkward isn’t it?” You smiled and nodded your head.
 
Ilhoon stood up. “I’m going to use the restroom-.” You grabbed the bottom of his shirt, looked up at him, and shook your head. “Don’t leave me here,” you whispered to him. “Don’t go… Stay here with me.” You were still grabbing onto his shirt while he was trying to walk away.
 
“I really need to go, I’ll be right back.” He pulled away and when you couldn’t stretch his shirt any longer you dropped down then got back up. The couple on the other side of the table was looking at the interactions between the two of you.
 
“You’re _______ right?” the girl asked and you nodded. Next, she introduced herself. “I’m Jiyeon and this is Seyong. We’re both seniors.” “Hi,” you said.   “You played well today,” she said. “Yeah, you were great.” Her boyfriend added. “Thanks,” you awkwardly replied.
 
Jiyeon started talking again. “So…” You picked up your glass of water and started to drink it. “Are you and Ilhoon dating?” You accidently tipped the glass of water too much that too much water went into your mouth and you started choking on the water. “Oh sorry, did I startle you with that question?” You nodded while coughing. “So are you guys dating?” she asked again. “You guys seem so close.”
 
You wiped the water off your mouth. “We’re not dating.” “Oh,” she replied. “But you like him right?”
“Ermm…” You didn’t know how to answer her.
 
“It’s okay, you can tell me,” She moved closer to you and you backed up in your seat. “Jiyeon, you’re scaring her.” Seyong laughed. “Fine, you don’t have to answer me.” She sat back. “But you guys look cute together! You two should totally get together.”
 
“Uhh….” You rubbed the back of your neck. “Or do you like someone else? ... Oh my god! You know what I should do?! I should totally be your matchmaker,” she said. “Wait, what?!”
 
“Trust me; I’ve set up loads of perfect couples together. I’m an awesome matchmaker, right Seyong?”
 
 
“Yup, you sure are,” he said while playing on his phone. She turned her head towards him. “Stop with the sarcasm.” “Sorry babe,” he sat up and put his phone away.
 
“So what do you think?” she turned back to you. “Who’s the lucky guy you like?” “Well… the guy I like is impossible to get,” you replied.
 
“Nothing’s impossible. Tell me who he is and I’ll help you," she said. “He’s Wooyoung.” “Wooyoung…Wooyoung… I don’t know a Wooyoung.” You chuckled thinking you that she had fell for it.
 
“Wait! Unless you’re talking about 2PM’s Wooyoung! You’re joking right?” You laughed. “Oh c’mon! Tell me who you really like or I’m going to presume that it’s Ilhoon.”
 
“What about Ilhoon?” The three heads in the table looked up to see Ilhoon sitting back down. You tried to cover up your conversation. “Nothing! We’re just… just talking about… how… how- how Seyong said you were amazing today at today’s game! Right, Seyong?”
 
“Erm, yeah. Right. You were awesome today Ilhoon,” said Seyong. “Thanks, I guess,” Ilhoon replied then whispered into your ear again. “I barely did anything in today’s game.”
 
You looked at Jiyeon and she was smiling at you for some reason. She mouthed out “You two fit perfectly together.” You could totally make out what she was saying. You mouthed back “No,” to her and she mouthed back “Yes.” The two of you ended up mouthing yes and no back and forth. Seyong noticed, “What are you two mouthing about?”
 
“Ohh~ Nothing,” Jiyeon replied then mouthed “I know you do.” You rolled your eyes.
 
A few tables away, Minhyuk had seen Ilhoon getting close to you. *What is he saying to her?* he wondered. *Ilhoon does really like her doesn’t he.*
 
When the food came, everyone started eating. You had ordered pasta and while you were eating, there was a little sauce on the corner of your lips. “_______,” Ilhoon said. “Hmm?” You turned your head towards him.
 
“You have some sauce on your face.” He grabbed a napkin from the table and wiped the sauce on the corner of your mouth. You froze there not knowing what to do. You looked at him while he was concentrated at wiping you mouth. Your heart just skipped a beat.
 
Jiyong was watching and whispered to Seyong, “I think Ilhoon likes ______.” Seyong looked at the two of you and agreed.   
 
“Th- Thanks,” you said when he withdrew his hand from you. You continued to eat but when you noticed that the person sitting in front of you wasn’t moving you looked up. Jiyeon started to nod and mouth words again. “He likes you.” You didn’t really understand her that time but you knew what she topic she was on. You looked back down regretting that you looked up in the first place.
 
It was late now and everyone finished their food and paid. The two teams left the restaurant and stood outside the restaurant. People said goodbyes and you left with Zelo.
 
“How was your pasta?” he asked. “It was good. What did you order?” you asked him.  
“A steak,” he replied. “Of course, I totally knew that was coming,” you said. “Ohh we know each other so well.” He ruffled your hair.
 
“That’s because we pretty much like the same foods. I didn’t know there was steak on the menu though, if I did, I would have gotten that instead of pasta.” *But Ilhoon probably wouldn’t have wiped my mouth then* You thought.
 
“Yeah, you should of! It was sooo good.” You rolled your eyes. “You jelly now? Huh? Jelly that I got steak and you didn’t?” “Why would I get jealous because of such small thing?” you said. “Because you would,” he replied.
 
“Whatever. When I get home, I’m eating all the cherry tomatoes!” You ran to get home first.
“WHAT?! NO YOU DON’T!” He started running after you. “Cherry tomato! Nekkoya!”